Detailed overview of Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile

You cant compare a egg and cheese biscuit to poe. Anyways poe wins because everyone has quit d3.

Poe Vs D3, D2 wins that comparison.
Meta = cattle

-ty men
Last edited by I0wa on Feb 23, 2015, 12:16:06 PM
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
The D3 storyline(...)is very well done

stopped reading here.

lost all credibility by this point, that was quick.

Diablo offers a vast and dense storyline from the beginning of the Franchise, through all three games, books and all, from Leoric and Lazarus over the dark wanderer up to Mathael.

PoE has some NPC based text in somewhat convoluted English which forces low/mid-skilled People like me to have a dictionary already open. For me, PoE is just a Puzzle of Lore fragments.

I'm just a render scene Noob and i miss that much in PoE.

Btw, cannot understand the rage upon the chart OP posted in general.
What are the really important categories? (at lease for me?)

Skill System - "PoE owns this category"
Treasure&Loot - "PoE wins"
Items - "PoE dominates this category"

And that comes from a (more) D3 fanboy. What you want more?
Its about Skills, Killing and Loot. Its a Hack&Slay.

And a fucking awesome one btw.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Last edited by Hunwulf on Feb 23, 2015, 12:27:19 PM
"
Hunwulf wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
"

stopped reading here.

Diablo offers a vast and dense storyline from the beginning of the Franchise, through all three games, books and all, from Leoric and Lazarus over the dark wanderer up to Mathael.

PoE has some NPC based text in somewhat convoluted English which forces low/mid-skilled People like me to have a dictionary already open. For me, PoE is just a Puzzle of Lore fragments.

I'm just a render scene Noob and i miss that much in PoE.

Btw, cannot understand the rage upon the chart OP posted in general.
What are the really important categories? (at lease for me?)

Skill System - "PoE owns this category"
Treasure&Loot - "PoE wins"
Items - "PoE dominates this category"

And that comes from a (more) D3 fanboy. What you want more?
Its about Skills, Killing and Loot. Its a Hack&Slay.

And a fucking awesome one btw.

I agree. There are simply a lot of low intel fanbois that will whiteknight everything regardless how stupid they themselves sounds.

Reading thru the list when D3 wins the author says "D3 wins" then when it comes to categories where PoE does exceptionally well the author will say "PoE easily wins this" "PoE dominates this" that sounds to me like the author is well more than a typical stupid D3 fanbois like some of low intel PoE kiddies like we see here in this thread.

But what can we do? Dont be like those close minded ignorant fools and read the article with a fair open minded view.

The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Hunwulf wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
"

stopped reading here.

It only became dense in D3, but since you mentioned you have to use a dictionary for PoE, I guess you don't get this joke (which is not a problem. There are a lot of languages I don't know jack about): dense is very often used in the sense of stupid or hard of thinking.
So, you are right about D1 and D2 having a great story line. I think the one of D3 is lacking, which is made worse by the fact that it is forced upon you with every character you start. Since there are no difficulty modes anymore, I guess it is only once per character now, but it was so very painful when I still played to have to listen (or cancel or rather fast forward) to that 3 times over.

The problem with PoE is, that the game is not really finished, yet, so a lot of the lore just isn't there. The parts that are there, though, are on great, imo.

All in all I think the comparison was well made. The only thing that irked me were references to desync. And all things I really care about in a game are those which PoE wins - well, yes, that's why I'm not playing D3 anymore.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Feb 23, 2015, 1:04:51 PM
It all depends on the player's preference my 2cents on the matter is

poe is more geared towards hardcore gamers/ traders. Lack of reward vs difficult( upgrading gear, if you find it, can be tricky).

D3 ros is more casual friendly, it's easier to get geared and upgrade. higher difficulties higher chances.

Last edited by tuttifrutas on Feb 23, 2015, 1:21:51 PM
the story in d3 was so bad it would have been better without one. Its literally on the level of childrens cartoons and pop up books, the dialogue was so bad it was painful. The lord of hell apparently has the maturity of an 8 year old in a nervous ego slagging match with his classmates in the playground, which is about the same age group d3s story should appeal to. It makes Michael bays Transformer movies seem like intense grown up literature.

the cutscenes were nicely rendered, and Im so glad they spent their budget on that rather than making in game artwork for a lot of the legendary armours and making endgame systems to play.

No wait, actually Im not. Im not glad I had to pay another £30 to actually get endgame content over 2 years after D3 was originally released and paid for.

"
Pewzor wrote:

Reading thru the list when D3 wins the author says "D3 wins" then when it comes to categories where PoE does exceptionally well the author will say "PoE easily wins this" "PoE dominates this" that sounds to me like the author is well more than a typical stupid D3 fanbois like some of low intel PoE kiddies like we see here in this thread.

But what can we do? Dont be like those close minded ignorant fools and read the article with a fair open minded view.

he said that d3 had more replayability than poe because of desync... I read that with an open mind and came to the conclusion it was an idiotic article written by someone whos opinions were not worth humoring.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Feb 23, 2015, 1:40:47 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

he said that d3 had more replayability than poe because of desync... I read that with an open mind and came to the conclusion it was an idiotic article written by someone whos opinions were not worth humoring.

Like I said before people take the impact of desyncs differently. While many poe kids tell people to suck it up and spam /oos macro with a 3rd party scripting program some people simply dont want to deal with it especially when other ARPG can have such seamless silky smooth gameplay.

The author could be basing the "replayability" on desync. You run thru the game once while absorbing all the desync stupidity because he wants to play to the end (lets say beating merc dom). Now everytime when he wants to replay it he knows the desync WILL be there no matter what, which could turn down many players... like I said in my other post I lost 3 friends (each spent over $200 supporting PoE), shortly after PoE went release, due to rampant desync issues where all of us had believed in GGG in fixing by end of beta which never happened.

To those people not only desync affected their well of continue to play PoE they completely gave up and quit the game forever (well they told me to let them know when GGG fixes desync issue). So the author isn't wrong (he actually mentioned he left PoE due to desync as well), desync cause people to quit games... and how much value is it in replayability if you dont even want to play the game at all?

You think the author is idiotic in his opinion, I also think many posters in this thread are extremely ignorant and idiotic as well for thinking desync is a non-issue.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Do you think it pisses Blizzard off that they are being compared to an Indie game from a podunk little shit-splat like New Zealand? :)

YESSS!!! THIS!! hahahaha
anything is everything
"
And then there are people who hardly have any desync. Welcome to the magic world of players PCs vs servers vs opinions vs facts.

That's because you don't play at high level (=maps), where desync issue is seriously amplified by damage mods, movement mods, curses, status effects, quantity of more powerful enemies, etc...

Also, at high level HC play you cannot afford to not spam /oos all the time, because that one spike damage, where you though you run away from the pack, but you didnt, will kill you in a second. Desync is seriously affecting gameplay, even if you never actually die because of it.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Holy. Fuck.

It's still here.

SPPPPPPPOOOKY
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post