Detailed overview of Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile

"
bhavv wrote:

When I was still a casual I had my 4 HP wizard getting one shot pulverised by ogres and assassin mages right outside every tavern I needed to enter, and only after my foster father was killed right before my own eyes by none other than my evil brother, who also tried doing everything he could to hunt me down.

Aha, this looks like a nice route to take to my next ...

YOU HAVE BEEN WAYLAID BY ENEMIES AND MUST DEFEND YOURSELF ...

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

UGH, nostalgia overload. Now I have to play these again. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....
PoE is always at the bottom of games in twitch.tv sometimes i cant even find it hahah while d3 getting decent viewers ;).
"
lightmoon wrote:
When was diablo 3 on steam ?

The point here is that judging anything by only watching the amount of viewers on a channel when a new season started is skewed at best.

For instance, if you compare basketball to football by the amount of viewers when Superbowl was running, you could easily conclude that basketball is a dead sport since noone was watching it compared to the amount of people watching the Superbowl.

Just wait until April when Act 4 hits PoE and watch the viewer numbers then ;)
Last edited by Tom7i on Feb 23, 2015, 10:06:35 AM
People who play ARPGs for the story need to be mauled to death.....
"
lightmoon wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
this guy gave endgame and replayability to diablo 3, and the reasons listed are the fact that the player is shit at poe and dies a lot.....

Playing is having fun with the game (D3), not war against it (POE)
That is what D3 got

An insightful observation
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Tom7i wrote:

I sure hope so, because half a year ago people were ashamed to admit they are or even were playing Diablo 3. Nowdays its the opposite. Times change.

Unfortunately right now D3 is more appealing to pretty much every target group besides people those like masochist simulators.

"
"
If you ever needed proof of Support's inconsistency, this thread remaining in GD while several other poe vs d3 ones, including mine which garnered over 50k views and quite a lot of Dev attention and approval, were consigned to off topic oblivion is absolutely it.

Agreed 100000000%

Support you need to get your fucking act together and actually communicate on your issues and policies, so you don't piss off people that actually pay attention to your spin-the-wheel and pick a moderation action random horseshit that you seem to be so fucking fond of these days.

Why would you try to alienate your player base by constantly mistreating them and making unfair judgments and decisions? If I had kept a log from the start of when I joined PoE until now, of all the laughable/bullshit decisions you guys have made JUST REGARDING ME, I very likely could have you all laughed out of town.

This thread and its non removal from GD is an absolute load of fucking bollocks D3 can fucking suck it

The end

-AngryBMBI1

Edit:

Here's the supposed reasoning behind this thread being allowed to stay. Despite past precedent of D3/PoE comparison threads being judged as NON GENERAL DISCUSSION.

"Thank you for contacting Support! I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. However, I'm afraid that the two threads in question are in fact very different.

One thread was created as the original poster had found an article comparing both Path of Exile and another game in the same genre (Diablo 3). The article (and subsequent thread) discussed pros and cons of both games. As the discussion is currently focusing quite a bit on both Path of Exile and Diablo 3, we were content to leave the thread in General Discussion for now, as it still has a large of relevance to Path of Exile.

The second thread that was moved to Off Topic, however, was created entirely as a response to the original thread in question. The second thread (which was moved to off topic) is comprised of almost exclusively off topic replies, and has virtually no discussion regarding Path of Exile within it.

I'm sorry you feel that there has been a contradiction here, but I'm afraid that judging each thread on it's merits, they are completely difference. This is why one thread has been moved into Off Topic, and the original thread remains in General Discussion."

JUST WOW. I'M REALLY FUCKING ANNOYED NOW.

You should have used steamcharts bro.

But i agree with you :).

Peace,

-Boem-

have this to enjoy yourself a bit
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Tom7i wrote:
"
lightmoon wrote:

The point here is that judging anything by only watching the amount of viewers on a channel when a new season started is skewed at best.

For instance, if you compare basketball to football by the amount of viewers when Superbowl was running, you could easily conclude that basketball is a dead sport since noone was watching it compared to the amount of people watching the Superbowl.

ya, welcome to the first and last 2 months in the past 2 years when serious arpg players gave a shit about loading d3 over poe on mass.

MacDonalds serves more hungry diners every day than every michelin stared restaurant in the world combined. Does that mean Macdonalds makes better food than a michelin star restaurant? No, it means that you can put sugarsauce on dogshit and people with an uneducated mouth will lap it up, and so will people who know what good food is because its easy, its there and you cant eat the best food in the world every day, sometimes you have to eat dogshit and enjoy it for what it is. D3 isnt really dogshit any more, its a decent game, its like a doner kebab with garlic sauce, guilty pleasure consumed on the back of a bus after 2 years drunk on poes beer festival, probably going to come out the same hole it went in somewhere between the bus stop and bed.

rip bermal lol
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Tom7i wrote:
"
lightmoon wrote:

ya, welcome to the first and last 2 months in the past 2 years when serious arpg players gave a shit about loading d3 over poe on mass.

MacDonalds serves more hungry diners every day than every michelin stared restaurant in the world combined. Does that mean Macdonalds makes better food than a michelin star restaurant? No, it means that you can put sugarsauce on dogshit and people with an uneducated mouth will lap it up, and so will people who know what good food is because its easy, its there and you cant eat the best food in the world every day, sometimes you have to eat dogshit and enjoy it for what it is. D3 isnt really dogshit any more, its a decent game, its like a doner kebab with garlic sauce, guilty pleasure consumed on the back of a bus after 2 years drunk on poes beer festival, probably going to come out the same hole it went in somewhere between the bus stop and bed.

rip bermal lol

I approve of these metaphors. well done m8
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
Teplokot wrote:
"
Tom7i wrote:

I sure hope so, because half a year ago people were ashamed to admit they are or even were playing Diablo 3. Nowdays its the opposite. Times change.

Unfortunately right now D3 is more appealing to pretty much every target group besides people those like masochist simulators.

Act 4 solve nothing. How much time you spend on new act? 30-60 minutes? What it add to the current game play? New level ~68 boss to farm alts/chaos and trash uniques? Yeah, totally worth waiting... not.

Defacto maps is end-game in PoE for majority players, so we need extending/improving maps system, not some "Act X which you will play for 30 minutes yet it developed for 1-1.5 year".

We need more end-game maps, some variaty since we sick of shipyard&shrine + palace&courtyard, simplest solution is to not to tie particular map to particular level, let lvl 78 dunes drop for example (or add recipe like lvl 66 map + lvl 78 map + fusing = lvl 78 map with tileset of that lvl 66 map).

And, ofc we need more bosses like Atziri and some "raid" bosses which you can kill only with "well" orginized party, raid bosses add point to socialize with other players = you have more reasons to play game longer = more money for GGG.

Also, after you finished the game (story line) it would be OBVIOUS to make ALL Act 1 - Act3 areas to be at least lvl 67 (merciless), so there is at least SOME point to go back and check it. I mean, GGG should/could make thouse areas farmable for high level characters somehow, let Elreon give you some quest to kill someone in thouse areas (NPC tell you particular area ofc) so you get some "yet another fragments", once you get the set you can open some "high" level map. So WOW, suddenly, now you have a reason to visit content which was abandoned before (yet GGG spend shit load of time on developing it), and unlike farming sacrifice fragmenets you do not need to "reload area till you find corrupted area using tricks/hax/bruteforce".
IGN: MsAnnoyance

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info