unique items *no longer updated*

Why is chaos damage being dealt to ES more OP than being immune to chaos damage? Can someone explain this to me?
IGN: Iolar
"
"
Heroofexile wrote:
i like epics to be operpowered without any downside. thats why they are epic.
but i agree and the CI issue. this is wierd.

Except that they are not "epic" (nor "legendary" while we're at it), they're "unique". You might call it splitting hairs, but there's a difference.

With that said, the ring needs to be tossed to Mt. Doom, the shield is ballin' (loving the art and the name) and the Shavronne's balancing is in question.

Seriously though. The ring.

It's horrible.

Consider the ring and shield together with lightning strike and hymsorrows.

You have 4 damage sources and rather picking which you want to increase all get increased. On top of that all of the elemental damage is scaled off your physical damage so a 20% whateverthatringiscalled so 20% more physical which then converted (100% of damage is converted to one of the elementals) means the ring gives a total of 44% increased damage, before considering the str bonus to physical damage.

I don't know what to make of that chest though. With chaos res and the chest I'm not sure why someone would take CI. You can either have the benefit of a high life pool and high ES pool then get 75% chaos res. Or you can take advantage of all the low life stuff with that chest and high ES.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Societylee wrote:
Seriously.. have we gotten dev confirmation of the CI buffs? This chest basically makes CI completely pointless.

And you cant say "oh well this will be super expensive so go CI if you don't have the money, because to make CI safe and effective already requires alot of currency. Like.. wtf is this.

No it doesn't... CI makes you immune to chaos damage. But with this chest you take the FULL chaos damage on your ES.

That's a hell of a difference. But yeah, this chest offers new build possibilities and that is the main reason of a great unique item.
"
BRavich wrote:
Why is chaos damage being dealt to ES more OP than being immune to chaos damage? Can someone explain this to me?

Because I don't mind taking chaos damage with an ES build as long as it's not hitting my life.
For example now I can run blood magic on auras like clarity and purity and lose very little ES, while freeing up obscene amounts of mana. Plus it would take a pretty crazy build/gear to make taking CI worth it over this armor because you are sacrificing your entire health pool worth of effective HP for some chaos resist. Before you had no choice if you wore ES gear because chaos mobs would one shot you even with chaos resist, now it's not a problem.
they either need to make that chest piece have no socket (like koams) or have around base es.

its way to over powered. u could just run all ur aruas through life as a es character, with max chaos res. grab pain attunment and run righteous fire. and then run more aruas off ur mana pool as well.

its basically a god mode armor for es character. without any negative sides.
IGN Suck
"
knac84 wrote:
"
ChrisXIV wrote:
Is it really like CI? The wording seems weird, is Chaos damage applied to the energy shield instead?

You are not immune to chaos damage, it applies to ES. That's the apparent downside, but you can easily counter that with regen or leech.

Making ES work even more like life which is something I really dislike.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
BRavich wrote:

Agreed. You will still take huge amounts of chaos damage, including the resistance penalties in harder difficulties. Add to the fact that the chest has no max life and not much resists, requires players to still play cautiously in Merciless.
Wow, that chest is a godsend for each and every low life build.
"
BRavich wrote:

Beacause while CI makes you immune to chaos damage, it takes away ALL HP. Sure in the lower lvls this might be a little, but even with little hp nodes that can be 2k hp on higher lvls.

CI was already a really situational endgame pick, now if you have this armor unless your total ES + HP are under 4k there is no reason to go CI.
Chaos damage will eat your (even huge) ES pool pretty quickly, so chill dudes... It's not as OP as majority thinks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info