unique items *no longer updated*

Nice Chest but now , no reason to take CI :/ .
What happened to the "every unique has a downside" thing lol.

Seriously that chest is broken as fuck.
Seriously.. have we gotten dev confirmation of the CI buffs? This chest basically makes CI completely pointless.

And you cant say "oh well this will be super expensive so go CI if you don't have the money, because to make CI safe and effective already requires alot of currency. Like.. wtf is this.
i like epics to be operpowered without any downside. thats why they are epic.
but i agree and the CI issue. this is wierd.
Last edited by NomadFX on Mar 8, 2013, 6:06:00 AM
WTB picz of 113th unique :P
"
baholete wrote:
That chest is completely retarded! Needs an urgent balance patch. Personal suggestion would be instead of "chaos dmg not bypassing ES" to be "##% of chaos damage applied to ES" and test it out to see what that number would be the best choice. Maybe a 30-40% of chaos damage applied to ES?!

That's exactly what it does. Chaos Dmg does not bypass ES (like it's said in description), so 100% of that damage is dealt to ES instead od life.

Just like overnerfed CI in pre-OB alpha test.
Last edited by tomusheen on Mar 8, 2013, 6:13:41 AM
"
Heroofexile wrote:

Except that they are not "epic" (nor "legendary" while we're at it), they're "unique". You might call it splitting hairs, but there's a difference.

With that said, the ring needs to be tossed to Mt. Doom, the shield is ballin' (loving the art and the name) and the Shavronne's balancing is in question.

Seriously though. The ring.

It's horrible.
le nom de cette bague est insultant
Shmo's Suggestions; Dozen Skills!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/402487
Is it really like CI? The wording seems weird, is Chaos damage applied to the energy shield instead with this item?
Last edited by ChrisXIV on Mar 8, 2013, 6:16:07 AM
"
Heroofexile wrote:

That's not the game design concept that was usually followed with the game and for a very good reason: there would be 'best in slot' items (which is a crappy MMO concept) rendering rares worthless.

They are not 'epics', are unique items, their uniqueness means they are valuable for certain builds while having some sort of downside so they stay balanced.

I hope GGG still goes by their old design philosophy, which is way more adjusted to this sort of game where there is an huge component on item hunting.

"
ChrisXIV wrote:
Is it really like CI? The wording seems weird, is Chaos damage applied to the energy shield instead?

You are not immune to chaos damage, it applies to ES. That's the apparent downside, but you can easily counter that with regen or leech.
Last edited by knac84 on Mar 8, 2013, 6:17:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info