unique items *no longer updated*

"
taekvideo wrote:
"
cryoes wrote:
Unavailable

^Win^

None of the other unique weapons are even endgame viable, but the one for witches is OP... figures.

Compared to some endgame witch items I've seen, this is only mediocre :P
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Xapti wrote:
This isn't an RPG though — it's an online action roguelike.
I'm curious as to why that makes any difference?

"
Xapti wrote:
I like screwing around too, but I don't see how this bow would help me screw around at all — kinda just reinforces my point. If they made the bow glow light blue, then that'd be a cool reason to have the weapon.
So a blue glow would be cool enough, but the awesome unique art it has isn't enough? Personally, I love that art.
If I found this bow, I'd probably start a new ranger character to try it out. And I might well continue with that character past the time that bow was usable for them. That doesn't take away at all from the awesomeness of the time said character was using it, or of having found a unique item with cool art.
Also, there aren't going to be many, so at the very least, if using it doesn't appeal to you, it can be traded based on it's rarity. Some people will want it just because they don't have one, even if they never use it.
"
FaceLicker wrote:
Dps doesnt take into consideration crits.
Yes it does.
It fails to account for a few things which make skills act differently from the regular attack - such as the fact dual strike hits with both weapons, not alternating like usual attacks) but anything affecting the default attack such as accuracy, crits, etc is factored in.
"
Lionguild wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
FaceLicker wrote:
Dps doesnt take into consideration crits.
Yes it does.
It fails to account for a few things which make skills act differently from the regular attack - such as the fact dual strike hits with both weapons, not alternating like usual attacks) but anything affecting the default attack such as accuracy, crits, etc is factored in.

I've also noticed that the Gem Spell Elemental Hit does not work correctly on the character sheet for DPS. It just uses the default attack DPS, when obviously it should be doing more.

Though I can see why it would be hard to calculate the DPS on the spell Elemental Hit, with the random elemental thing and all.
That's one of the exceptions was talking about - the damage from elemental hit isn't on the skill, it's added at the point you hit, so it's not there to be factored into DPS. There can eventually be a fix for this, but it involves implementing a bunch of new stats, and is not high priority at the moment.
Good catch Xapti, we will fix this some time soon and I'll try to keep my eyes open for any similar situation in the future.
Omnitect of Wraeclast
To make it more fair, you should not only corpse camp Xapti, you should do it to caaaaaaaaaaaaps too. Hint, hint.
Omnitect of Wraeclast
"
FaceLicker wrote:
This is for GGG. There's a couple errors in the unique item names that I noticed.

Deaths Harp should be Death's Harp
Volls Baptism should be Voll's Baptism
Doedres Damning should be Doedre's Damning
Hrimnors Hymn should be Hrimnor's Hymn

The apostrophes are all missing.

Thanks, I'll look into it. They're definitely there in our editor tool.

Edit: I found the problem - looks like the difference between a ’ and ' apostrophe. It'll be fixed in 0.9.6 but won't retroactively affect the old uniques that were already generated.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jan 23, 2012, 8:11:16 PM
"
faerwin wrote:
"
VenomViper wrote:
Unavailable

My new Unique :D Haven't seen it before!

I wonder if it stacks with acrobatics. Giving you the permanent evasion twice.
No.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
It's a bit complicated ant we may decide to change the approach, but basically it's to do with how stats are described.
If we make all of acrobatics come from the one stat then we can just describe it as "Acrobatics" on the item, but this will mean we can't spell it out on the passive as
20% chance to dodge attacks
Removes all armour
removes all energy shield

because there's only one stat to describe, so it would have to go in one stat description and therefore one line, which makes it a bit messy to read in the tree.
This is the option we've gone with for now although that may change in future.
Pain attunement doesn't have the same problem since it is only one stat and doesn't need to have multiple lines for different parts of the effect.
"
Strill wrote:
If I got Eye of Chaula, and got immunity to stuns, would I still be interrupted if I block?
No.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info