unique items *no longer updated*

"
No it doesn't... CI makes you immune to chaos damage. But with this chest you take the FULL chaos damage on your ES.

That's a hell of a difference. But yeah, this chest offers new build possibilities and that is the main reason of a great unique item.

Yes It does. You can still have LIFE. Are you serious? You can run blood magic auras, life nodes will provide you with both LIFE and lower shock/stun/freeze chance. If you can't see that this item makes CI almost completely worthless then i've lost hope.
"
d3s0 wrote:
Chaos damage will eat your (even huge) ES pool pretty quickly, so chill dudes... It's not as OP as majority thinks.

My problem with that item is, that high hp characters have a hp pool of around 5k tops.
High ES characters can reach 8k+

With this item you dont have to go to any extremes and get 3k hp and 5k ES, wich bring you near a pure ES CI build, but with probably way more gear that you can equip, you are more flexible, can run more auras.

Honestly, its a build defining item, because everyone with ES will want it. I fail to see a downside to it.
"
"
BRavich wrote:
Why is chaos damage being dealt to ES more OP than being immune to chaos damage? Can someone explain this to me?

Agreed. You will still take huge amounts of chaos damage, including the resistance penalties in harder difficulties. Add to the fact that the chest has no max life and not much resists, requires players to still play cautiously in Merciless.

Well, this chest allows two things (probably more):
1) You can run "low life builds" without any risk, stacking a shitload of ES, run auras out of your health pool with basically no downside.
2) It boosts hybrid builds (ES/armour & life) where your ES counts when it comes to chaos dmg. Your chaos dmg resist does not matter that much and you can save a lot of life nodes from the tree also. This is an huge boost to certain possible builds making this chest almost mandatory now that is available.

I like both things, both are pretty cool. But I dunno, maybe is not as an Op as it seems. For starters you will be subject to all the pain CI has to endure (shocking, stunning etc.) because most probably your life pool will be low (even if not just 1). But that's the only practical downside I see to it, not much more (because you can get insane amount of leech with high ES and ghost reaver).

Take in mind that ghost reaver + vaal pact is a pretty good combo with that chest making reflect and even chaos dmg bursts a non-issue, while you will free up several flask slots to use chaos resist flasks (you can chain if you use crit!) and granites. So yeah, it can reach "broken" status LOL.
Last edited by knac84 on Mar 8, 2013, 6:43:26 AM
Are you a CI ES build right now? Follow these simple steps:

1. Pay out the behind for this new armor and link it
2. Buy some chaos resist gear and take the chaos resit node
3. Link your auras to blood magic and run them that way, your entire mana pool is now free
4. Take Pain Attunement for a 1 point 30% more DPS boost
5. Take zealot's oath and get the templar 1% regen node which is probably right by where your build was anyways.
6. Run righteous fire quality and double your listed DPS.
7. Congrats you have a completely free mana pool, your DPS has probably just skyrocketed to unbelievable numbers, and all it took was this armor and some chaos resist itemization. Why are you normal CI again?
This is all theorycrafting at this point.

Marohi seemed OP on paper but many players choose a faster weapon.

I have faith that GGG would have tested this chest with some of the most powerful builds in the game and found that it has downsides which need to be accounted for.
"
Are you a CI ES build right now? Follow these simple steps:

1. Pay out the behind for this new armor and link it
2. Buy some chaos resist gear and take the chaos resit node
3. Link your auras to blood magic and run them that way, your entire mana pool is now free
4. Take Pain Attunement for a 1 point 30% more DPS boost
5. Take zealot's oath and get the templar 1% regen node which is probably right by where your build was anyways.
6. Run righteous fire quality and double your listed DPS.
7. Congrats you have a completely free mana pool, your DPS has probably just skyrocketed to unbelievable numbers, and all it took was this armor and some chaos resist itemization. Why are you normal CI again?

You probably have never tried to REALLY stack chaos resist to reasonable numbers on proper items. Usually chaos res items are either crap or way way too overpriced, since majority of people selling them think its #bestitemeverfound.

Also, try to calculate how many 40% auras can u carry on your life pool while using BM support. Vualla - one. Completely free manapool? Where?
"
d3s0 wrote:
Chaos damage will eat your (even huge) ES pool pretty quickly, so chill dudes... It's not as OP as majority thinks.

It is when you start stacking 9-12k es, can use auras with blood magic to get low life, have pain attunement (x1.3 spell dmg when low life), use zealot's oath + ghost reaver + righteous fire. You can grab 24% chaos resist (out of 40%) from the tree and get more from a good shield/boots/gloves.

That is more OP than anything with a kaoms.
You do it with covenant unique chest, no BM penalty.
"
Zealflare wrote:
"
d3s0 wrote:

It is when you start stacking 9-12k es, can use auras with blood magic to get low life, have pain attunement (x1.3 spell dmg when low life), use zealot's oath + ghost reaver + righteous fire. You can grab 24% chaos resist (out of 40%) from the tree and get more from a good shield/boots/gloves.

That is more OP than anything with a kaoms.

hah...not gonna lie...this is exactly what I'm debating on doing.

Obviously I'm biased...as I currently have the chest...but I think this item is exactly what the developers intended. As numerous people have mentioned it opens up new possible builds...something that I can only imagine that they intended given the amount of new content (items, assuming maps?, etc.) they intend on adding to the game constantly.

It's items like these, along with the amazing depth of the skill system/passive tree that make this game utterly amazing and replayable imo.

I've played multiple mmos/arpgs and I've NEVER had an alt, or made multiple characters....Currently I have 4 level 60+ characters in this game...and ACTUALLY WANT to make a new one now that I found this chest....

That has to be working EXACTLY as intended IMO.

Games are supposed to be fun remember?
Last edited by Honch on Mar 8, 2013, 9:49:36 AM
"
Honch wrote:
Pretty sure this is a new rare...didn't see it on any sites yet.

wow. This chest is awesome. RF + Pain Attunement + Blood magic aura-stacking Templar coming up, anyone?
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info