unique items *no longer updated*

"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Honch wrote:
Pretty sure this is a new rare...didn't see it on any sites yet.

wow. This chest is awesome. RF + Pain Attunement + Blood magic aura-stacking Templar coming up, anyone?

ya... god damnit just after i finished my kaoms heart RF build. 8.5k hp, triple shock stack, elemental equilibrium, elemental weakness. now im gonna make another RF build. ggg'd

on a more positive note, love the random 1-250 lightning dmg thorns (too bad it doesnt scale very well) and the zig zag buttons/zipper

edit: ... shiet hope this thing doesnt drop the value of kaoms heart by being heavy competition

IGN: Sudoku
Last edited by soundee on Mar 8, 2013, 7:10:39 AM
"
Honch wrote:

This is so stupid... it's even more OP than Kaom's Heart.
"
d3s0 wrote:

You probably have never tried to REALLY stack chaos resist to reasonable numbers on proper items. Usually chaos res items are either crap or way way too overpriced, since majority of people selling them think its #bestitemeverfound.

Also, try to calculate how many 40% auras can u carry on your life pool while using BM support. Vualla - one. Completely free manapool? Where?

If you are a CI caster you only had 4 auras to run anyways: Discipline, purity, clarity, grace (maybe) since you had no armor, no health regen, no weapon damage, etc.

Purity and Clarity alone take up like 600+ mana for me at the moment because of how high my base mana is (int). Whereas with any kind of +life nodes or gear you could blood magic clarity/purity (the health % would be on your BASE health which would be very low) and free up several times as much mana. It's like eldritch on steroids.

Not to mention the DPS increase. For example with a wand/passives I am at around 285% increased spell damage atm so I do 385% base damage on my spell. If I ran a level 18 righteous fire with zealot's oath and pain attunement that would get me +131% MORE spell damage even without quality on the gems.

That would translate into me doing around 889% base damage on the spell, an increase of 504% increased spell damage which translates to nearly 100 passive nodes... That's like an entire character worth of passive skill points so yes I am willing to pay money for chaos resist gear even if it is 'overpriced'.

You are right that chaos inoculation is still a spec with a specific purpose, but why do you see freezing pulse everywhere and arctic breath nowhere? It's because one is a far superior option so in effect you make the other one unviable...

Last edited by EndlessRambler on Mar 8, 2013, 7:12:03 AM
"
"
d3s0 wrote:

You probably have never tried to REALLY stack chaos resist to reasonable numbers on proper items. Usually chaos res items are either crap or way way too overpriced, since majority of people selling them think its #bestitemeverfound.

Also, try to calculate how many 40% auras can u carry on your life pool while using BM support. Vualla - one. Completely free manapool? Where?

If you are a CI caster you only had 4 auras to run anyways: Discipline, purity, clarity, grace (maybe) since you had no armor, no health regen, no weapon damage, etc.

Purity and Clarity alone take up like 600+ mana for me at the moment because of how high my base mana is (int). Whereas with any kind of +life nodes or gear you could blood magic clarity/purity (the health % would be on your BASE health which would be very low) and free up several times as much mana. It's like eldritch on steroids.

Not to mention the DPS increase. For example with a wand/passives I am at around 285% increased spell damage atm so I do 385% base damage on my spell. If I ran a level 18 righteous fire with zealot's oath and pain attunement that would get me +131% MORE spell damage even without quality on the gems.

That would translate into me doing around 889% base damage on the spell, an increase of 504% increased spell damage which translates to nearly 100 passive nodes... That's like an entire character worth of passive skill points so yes I am willing to pay money for chaos resist gear even if it is 'overpriced'.

You are right that chaos inoculation is still a spec with a specific purpose, but why do you see freezing pulse everywhere and arctic breath nowhere? It's because one is a far superior option so in effect you make the other one unviable...

18 RF WITH Innner force = 81*1.3 = 105%. Your 385% base dmg becomes 400% with 20% quality RF. 400%*1.3(pain attunement)*2.05(RF+IF) = 1066% spell dmg

The extra burn you get wouldn't even matter because now you can just get 0 life nodes.
"
soundee wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Honch wrote:

wow. This chest is awesome. RF + Pain Attunement + Blood magic aura-stacking Templar coming up, anyone?

ya... god damnit just after i finished my kaoms heart RF build. 8.5k hp, triple shock stack, elemental equilibrium, elemental weakness. now im gonna make another RF build. ggg'd

on a more positive note, love the random 1-250 lightning dmg thorns (too bad it doesnt scale very well) and the zig zag buttons/zipper

edit: ... shiet hope this thing doesnt drop the value of kaoms heart by being heavy competition

Too bad it wont look like that in game :(
"
Zealflare wrote:

18 RF WITH Innner force = 81*1.3 = 105%. Your 385% base dmg becomes 400% with 20% quality RF. 400%*1.3(pain attunement)*2.05(RF+IF) = 1066% spell dmg

The extra burn you get wouldn't even matter because now you can just get 0 life nodes.

Good catch, unless they change righteous fire or this armor I crunched the numbers and my FP will do around 5,900 x 5 damage (almost 30,000 aoe DPS) and perma freeze most map mobs.

I am already trying to chain chance this armor.
The chest itself doesnt strike me as OP so much as its potential when combined with other factors. When you dont have to worry about your HP pool, it is incredibly easy to counteract righteous fire damage with zealot's oath and a tiny bit of % regen.

Then you can slap on a prism guardian and run THREE 40% auras at no consequence, pick up pain attunement, and bam: Combined with righteous fire, you're doing around 130% MORE damage than any other build without those perks.

Alternatively, you could choose a cheaper route and pop on a spring leaf for a whopping 6% *perpetual* energy shield regen. That would put the build on the same level as most HP blood magic builds, except you get to run an aura. Oh, and you deal well over twice as much damage. There's that too.

It's kind of ironic, though, that this was going to be possible with regular old CI at one point during alpha.
IGN: Iolar
"
dspair wrote:
"
Honch wrote:

This is so stupid... it's even more OP than Kaom's Heart.

Heh, this chest is amazing, and just notice, if people a debating on -this item is op, - no this item is not op. Then you know, GGG continues going in the right direction. :)

And the artwork of this item is impressive. Just how it looks ingame? Crap or amazing too?
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
I guess you could use also Prism Guardian and run Vitality , Purity ,Haste from your HP and have discipline and clarity on your mana pool - and ofc the RF , Zealots Oath , Ghost Reaver , Pain Atunement build.
Propably implementation of this Unique will increase the value of Eye of Chayula and Prism Guardian - maybe Redbeak aswell ( but there will be shit load of them cause of race rewards)
"
BRavich wrote:
Then you can slap on a prism guardian and run THREE 40% auras at no consequence, pick up pain attunement, and bam: Combined with righteous fire, you're doing around 130% MORE damage than any other build without those perks.

Again, people seem to make the same mistakes with MORE/LESS. MORE/LESS mutiply off each other, they do not add to each other like "Increased" does.

Your spell damage (100% base + other "Increased" sources)*1.3*2.05.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info