February-March Competitive Season

"
p0t wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
But TMT has 100x the resources of BLD, so why encourage people to even try preparing in BLD?

This assumption isn't really true - competent Bloodlines players have very similar (if not better) economic results to Torment players. The items crafted in Bloodlines (and PvP characters created) are often better.

The only reason a competent player could do better in Bloodlines than Torment is because of the nature of Hardcore leagues. There is most certainly a larger disparity between the wealthy and the unwealthy in the hardcore leagues, especially shorter ones like challenge leagues. You can legitimately set up and run a boss kill service early in a league and make currency that would be impossible in the softcore variation. Without fear of death, why would you pay for a boss kill that you could corpse-cannon to pass for free? Gear as well contributes to this problem. If you're not worried about dieing, paying a lot for item upgrades can take a back seat while you continue to play and collect loot.

Torment is by far the most gross example of free loot explosions I have ever witnessed in a challenge league. This isn't something that's exclusive to people that party up at the start of a league and tag bosses at 1 player HP to rush content so they can charge people Chaos for boss kills. Since it's a softcore league, and there's no chance of having to regear from death, you should generally be able to become more and more wealthy as the league continues where in hardcore you can lose everything and become broke instantly.

Saying its competence is mostly untrue because becoming very wealthy in hardcore usually means you need to start from day1 of the league and go hard, seems more like convenience of having the free time at the right time. There no way to dispute that two equally competent players dual-client farming dominus would have a most disgusting advantage in softcore.

Will there be a way for people to party for 3v3 with heros in the other league (like 2 from BL 1 from TMT)? The last disappointing pvp announcement was to let us know there would be more party events so I'd have to assume that there's no framework for crossleague partying. Sorta like last league where premade characters couldnt leave their hideout and party, ya know that part where some of the events where unplayable for most people really makes people want to get into a "competitive" pvp season.

This is just further steps to cater PvP to the elite minority, delegitimizing it in the general opinion and burying it from the start. Without large public acceptance (not the richest 2% in HC that make money selling atziri service that can makes as much in bloodlines vs. torment) I can't imagine it'll ever grow in popularity. Can we get something optimistic so that after the inital hype wears off there isnt 15 people total in an event like last season?

Season 1, rank 1 overall was 1125 points, rank 20 overall was 380 points, rank 100 overall was 103 points go compare that to race season 10. It seems the pvp seasons are are gonna be mostly for show, where there is almost no competition and no participation because its designed this way, I'm just curious why you continue down this path.

Why do you even talk about the disparity of people in bloodline, instead of comparing the richest people between two leagues?
Last time I checked standard players were trash talking hardcore leagues for being the poverty league and not the right place to balance things because their gear is mediocre at best and they dont have access to perfect gear.
Let's talk about people trading 200ex items on torment while the richest people on bloodline don't have remotely that amount of wealth in total. Let's talk about things that if I mention, this post will be deleted but can only be done in softcore.

You make no sense when you are comparing richest and mid tier players on bloodline. Those people who happened to die and don't have much currency would own top tier players on torment had they kept their currency when they died to random bullshit one shot mechanic in this game.

Let's talk about uber atziri which has been the main source of acquiring hundreds of exalt for about 1 year which was exclusive to soft core league.

Non-hardcore leauge was given the atizri content for a year and now pvp shall be theirs too.

Again, explain it to me how this is totally fair for hld too.

They've got to try it at least once if they have data indicating the two leagues can compete evenly.
They're committed to pvp long term, just like racing.
Now is the right time for such an experiment, it will help them interpret their data and make better seasons in the future.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
Lordsidro wrote:
Woulda been nice to know before grinding 2 leagues for LLD and HLD chars...

A big "fuck you" to bloodlines pvpers imo. Couldn't agree more. They wasted our time and efforts and now it's too late to make up the lost time.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Feb 10, 2015, 2:03:25 AM
i never gave a damn about pvp in arpg's (d2 was first-of-its-kind festives, not a sport) and was absolutely ignoring pvp in poe

but after this decision will follow it closely. just to see 'how it can get EVEN WORSE' because we are clearly onto something..
"
GreenDude wrote:

A big "fuck you" to bloodlines pvpers imo. Couldn't agree more. They wasted our time and efforts and now it's too late to make up the lost time.

maybe the BL numbers were too low otherwise i dont understand this rushed decision.
Last edited by 2i0 on Feb 10, 2015, 2:49:26 AM
And meanwhile, I'm finding the race rewards unique items interesting. I may try to make for the L100 rustic sash, and like the demoralized PVP players here, that is if I'm even bothered, depending on the expected - to be stupid - race schedule.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
Lordsidro wrote:

I guess the awesome number of 30 BL PvP players willy be very unhappy.

Worst the decision in PoE history ...

Not.

Barely anyone cares about PvP, they have to throw the 2 leagues together to make it a tad intersting imo, so ssht stop complaining and be happy you have people to play against now.
Last edited by leto2626 on Feb 10, 2015, 2:50:38 AM
"
GreenDude wrote:
"
Lordsidro wrote:

Don't make him angry.. you wouldn't like him when he's angry...
Hardcore/Bloodlines players crying as usual, nothing new here.

Come on guys, GGG knows what they are doing.
Last edited by DasName on Feb 10, 2015, 2:56:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info