February-March Competitive Season

"
Chris wrote:
"
But TMT has 100x the resources of BLD, so why encourage people to even try preparing in BLD?

This assumption isn't really true - competent Bloodlines players have very similar (if not better) economic results to Torment players. The items crafted in Bloodlines (and PvP characters created) are often better.

I wish we could have given more notice on the announcement.

True. I do make more currency on HC leagues. (Anecdotal Data Mano)
anything is everything
"
Fightgarr wrote:
"
KhelThuzad wrote:
They race schedule should include something like a 3 hour race where GGG can reward not only best players around but also 'Most Interesting build'. After all, PoE is all about creating interesting builds...

How in the hell do you propose they judge something like that... nice try but racing is racing. Feature builds are best left for the longer leagues (i.e. 1-weeks and longer).

They could select something like +-12 interesting builds or 2 builds per character and leave the community to vote for most interesting build. The winner will be granted some kind of token reward for the season.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
Last edited by KhelThuzad on Feb 10, 2015, 12:17:38 AM
z
Last edited by Lordsidro on Feb 18, 2015, 1:13:56 AM
"
Manocean wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
But TMT has 100x the resources of BLD, so why encourage people to even try preparing in BLD?

This assumption isn't really true - competent Bloodlines players have very similar (if not better) economic results to Torment players. The items crafted in Bloodlines (and PvP characters created) are often better.

True. I do make more currency on HC leagues. (Anecdotal Data Mano)

That's only true for you, and not everyone else. Please don't assume you are any special identity when it comes to earning currency. Just because you don't own top top tier gear to sell like mirror-able items or uber atziri drops and you can't sell you dom drops, doesn't mean everyone on torment has as little wealth as you own.

I started farming atziri on bloodline one week in the league and could have gone for uber had I played on torment and got 500ex easily because there are simple 10 times more resources there and more (new) players that you can scam or take advantage of. You can hardly find a person on bloodline to get scammed for 10ex in one single trade like streamer koreangamer highlighted it because new players wont play on bloodline.

No hate toward any league but I'm pointing out differences and why you are not correct in general.

Also someone explains it to me again how it's not ridiculous for open pvp , hld. might as well make events for characters in both leagues with zero deaths or let me use my ripped characters in std.

Edit : regardless of these all, you can't argue that how late this anouncement has been released, same as the balance changes you guys did right before the season one started. I'm pretty it's gonna be the same lame story for the next season and season after that and ... .

Edit 2: Also add that, being in lld bloodline queue for 10 hours to get a single match makes even fairer for me to compete against people who practice everyday on torment against different builds.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Feb 10, 2015, 12:44:38 AM
Is the end of season invitational for racing prize intended for only the top 1 and 2 result, regardless of class?
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Chris wrote:

You've qualified your claim here Chris. To the point that is is exclusive, which seems to counter your "inclusive" aims for PvP.

Do you want more casual, not-so-competent players joining in with fewer barriers or reasons not to try PvP... or are you suggesting that it makes little difference if you're a competent player and you don't care about the casuals? No need to answer that, they were rhetorical questions. To make PvP more accessible give players fewer reasons not to give-it-a-go.

Above everything else, across all PvP genres, players want evenness in PvP. They want everyone starting off with access to the same level of resources: be they skills, items or wealth. As soon as an advantage is provided to one group or another you will struggle to get complete buy-in from your community.

Yes, the timing of this announcement has been poor. Especially considering the precarious state of PvP at the moment.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
"
Chris wrote:
"

The only reason a competent player could do better in Bloodlines than Torment is because of the nature of Hardcore leagues. There is most certainly a larger disparity between the wealthy and the unwealthy in the hardcore leagues, especially shorter ones like challenge leagues. You can legitimately set up and run a boss kill service early in a league and make currency that would be impossible in the softcore variation. Without fear of death, why would you pay for a boss kill that you could corpse-cannon to pass for free? Gear as well contributes to this problem. If you're not worried about dieing, paying a lot for item upgrades can take a back seat while you continue to play and collect loot.

Torment is by far the most gross example of free loot explosions I have ever witnessed in a challenge league. This isn't something that's exclusive to people that party up at the start of a league and tag bosses at 1 player HP to rush content so they can charge people Chaos for boss kills. Since it's a softcore league, and there's no chance of having to regear from death, you should generally be able to become more and more wealthy as the league continues where in hardcore you can lose everything and become broke instantly.

Saying its competence is mostly untrue because becoming very wealthy in hardcore usually means you need to start from day1 of the league and go hard, seems more like convenience of having the free time at the right time. There no way to dispute that two equally competent players dual-client farming dominus would have a most disgusting advantage in softcore.

Will there be a way for people to party for 3v3 with heros in the other league (like 2 from BL 1 from TMT)? The last disappointing pvp announcement was to let us know there would be more party events so I'd have to assume that there's no framework for crossleague partying. Sorta like last league where premade characters couldnt leave their hideout and party, ya know that part where some of the events where unplayable for most people really makes people want to get into a "competitive" pvp season.

This is just further steps to cater PvP to the elite minority, delegitimizing it in the general opinion and burying it from the start. Without large public acceptance (not the richest 2% in HC that make money selling atziri service that can makes as much in bloodlines vs. torment) I can't imagine it'll ever grow in popularity. Can we get something optimistic so that after the inital hype wears off there isnt 15 people total in an event like last season?

Season 1, rank 1 overall was 1125 points, rank 20 overall was 380 points, rank 100 overall was 103 points go compare that to race season 10. It seems the pvp seasons are are gonna be mostly for show, where there is almost no competition and no participation because its designed this way, I'm just curious why you continue down this path.

The main problem with PvP now is that it's less about build choices and more about how do I even acquire the gear to make the build possible. The synergy between this problem and leo is awful. Currently you have to level Leo by PvPing, but whats the reward? Mods like (20-30)% chance to Recharge 1 Flask Charge when you take a Critical Strike aren't opening any doors to most people. The unable to craft higher than Lv28 mod, thats great for people that can afford to craft for PvP which is almost nobody. Leo should sell PvP only items and good ones. Instead of grinding daily his shop should reset every hour, and if you pvped in that hour it should refresh his shop of pvp items (stuff like tabulas, desirable corruptions, and Lv28 gear).
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Last edited by p0t on Feb 10, 2015, 1:35:07 AM
WOA this is then next great move from GGG.

No need to wait for season 3 changes i tell you what it will be: 1exa fee per event (2exa if you are bloodline char) participation plus you cannot enter even if you don;t have 100exa in stash and at least 3 perfect items multicrafted. "Your not playing 24/7 no RMT? We don;t need you!"

VERY good move.

PS You forgot to take into account that when bloodlines chars die you need to start over and loose time and many orbs gearing new char.
"
But...this announcement comes too late and totally defeats the purpose of gearing up in BLD while Season 1 was happening. I mean, that was the point of delaying temp league PvP until Season 2 right? So that people could gear?

GGG's line here is absurd.

In PvP Season 1 they were all "Season 2 will be TMT and BLD so make sure and gear up on those leagues!"

One week before Season 2 they announce "Season 2 will be TMT-BLD combined!" Subtext: "Too bad you listened to us and geared up on both leagues!"
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
They probably should have let us know earlier about the combination of the leagues.

It is a step in the right direction though. I think i have spent like 2 hours in Bloodlines LLD queue and only played one match against a lvl 16 char. Even hc LLD had more players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info