February-March Competitive Season

"
Fightgarr wrote:
"
RichMoney wrote:
Spent 4 days leveling a Bloodlines character for HLD, ripped, wasted another day starting another one. Now I could have spent 4 days in Torment, had a higher character with A) more loot, B) cheaper loot, C) different items. This announcement can fuck right off.

Much time has likely been wasted, yeah. I wasted about 3 days but I'm still happier for not having to continue in the other league. The merging announcement should have come sooner - probably in the announcement by Bex on Feb 1st.

I'm not sure if they even knew they were going to do something like this at that time. But...this announcement comes too late and totally defeats the purpose of gearing up in BLD while Season 1 was happening. I mean, that was the point of delaying temp league PvP until Season 2 right? So that people could gear? But TMT has 100x the resources of BLD, so why encourage people to even try preparing in BLD?
Last edited by mimivirus on Feb 9, 2015, 11:45:58 PM
"
RichMoney wrote:
Spent 4 days leveling a Bloodlines character for HLD, ripped, wasted another day starting another one. Now I could have spent 4 days in Torment, had a higher character with A) more loot, B) cheaper loot, C) different items. This announcement can fuck right off.

deal with it.
"
I'm not sure if they even knew they were going to do something like this at that time. But...this announcement comes too late and totally defeats the purpose of gearing up in BLD while Season 1 was happening. I mean, that was the point of delaying temp league PvP until Season 2 right? So that people could gear? But TMT has 100x the resources of BLD, so why encourage people to even try preparing in BLD?

I'm not going to pretend that Torment doesn't have it easier, what with the ghost lootsplosions and the never-dying and Atziri fragments being worth TRIPLE what they are worth in Bloodlines. I think the reality is, until we see what season 2 attendance is like, we won't know if this was a necessary or unnecessary and disruptive action. And it would have been a lot less disruptive if we knew about it sooner but that can't be helped now.

So you can be mad at GGG and boycott the season or whatever, or just play and make the best of it.

I'm done with this thread now (drops mic, exits stage left)
moar pvp bruh bruh
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
But TMT has 100x the resources of BLD, so why encourage people to even try preparing in BLD?

This assumption isn't really true - competent Bloodlines players have very similar (if not better) economic results to Torment players. The items crafted in Bloodlines (and PvP characters created) are often better.

I wish we could have given more notice on the announcement.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
But TMT has 100x the resources of BLD, so why encourage people to even try preparing in BLD?

This assumption isn't really true - competent Bloodlines players have very similar (if not better) economic results to Torment players. The items crafted in Bloodlines (and PvP characters created) are often better.

So this is still pandering to the very top of the top? What about all the BLD players who might have participated and done decently well, but now they are unable to obtain any rewards because TMT gets them? I'm sure that the top TMT and BLD players have very similar gear, but we're talking about a serious minority here. The proposed TMT/BLD merge is NOT going to help any other BLD player aside from the best. How does that help participation? How do you expect players to have fun when one population of players has better access to mid-level gear than another population? I can't see a reason why BLD players would participate if this is how it is.
Last edited by mimivirus on Feb 10, 2015, 12:08:40 AM
"
Chris wrote:
"

This is misconstruing the data. You also often see faster level 100s on HC challenge leagues despite it being an indisputably harsher environment for obtaining that particular milestone. This is just because the HC challenge leagues attract the more competitive players. The question is not whether Bloodlines players have PvP items that are currently on par with what Torment players have, but whether those players, with the same amount of time and effort, could have had equal or better results on Torment.

And I'm having a hard time seeing how the answer could be anything but "of course."
Last edited by Uvne on Feb 10, 2015, 12:08:27 AM
Not pvp tournament related but just a question, do we now have a permanent merged queue? Std-Hardcore?
It seemed as though for the most part that the same players were competing in both the standard and hardcore events last season, so will there be much of a difference in participation if the leagues are merged? Guess we'll see.

Hope it works out for the best in the end.
"
"
Chris wrote:
"

So this is still pandering to the very top of the top?

At this point its par for the course. Id say most of the stuff they've released since launch panders to the 1%.

Id lose interest quick if those elite streamers would stop ms painting and petting their cats on the PoE homepage, gotta keep those guys happy.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info