February-March Competitive Season

Racing:
  • The signature race for this season will be the 65 Minute Fixed Seed Unwavering event. The Unwavering mod means that monsters have increased life and cannot be stunned.
  • For more information about the racing Season (including its prizes), check out the Season Page. The schedule isn't currently up, but will be within a couple of days.
  • We're running our first Racing Invitational this season. Anyone who receives an alternate-art Demi (i.e. the top 20 by season points and the top 3 of each class in the signature race) will be invited to the invitational event at the end of the season. It'll be a race similar to the signature race but with a different seed.

PvP:
  • We're running American and European PvP seasons again, which take place in the challenge leagues.
  • Torment and Bloodlines are combined - you can enter any event with characters in either league.
  • This season, players may only earn an invitation to one PvP invitational event. In the broadcasts, matches will now be shown sequentially rather than in parallel.
  • There are several other changes! We've posted a detailed explanation of how PvP Season Two works, which you can read here.

Prizes:
Prizes have been generously provided by Alienware this season. There will be prizes for the winners of both the PvP invitationals (one for Europe, one for America) and the Racing Invitational (first and second place). We'll be posting more information about these prizes soon.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
esport brah
yo am i first?

edit: dannngg missed it

but i'll looking forward to racing!
Last edited by ScruffyMcNunchuck on Feb 9, 2015, 11:15:15 PM
Kinda concerned about TMT and BLD playing together...I mean it's cool that we get to play cross-league, but this is going to spark complaints from all BLD players. I'd suggest keeping the events the same, but make rewards separate for TMT and BLD.

Example: 1st is TMT player, 2nd is TMT player, 3rd is BLD player. BLD player still gets Demi for being 1st from BLD. This way, we can still have cross-league PvP which is awesome, but make rewards fairer.

EDIT:
If anyone is just beginning to read this, please take a look at a solution: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1198428
Or:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1198445
Last edited by mimivirus on Feb 10, 2015, 1:26:06 AM
Torment and Bloodlines being combined is a little disappointing

GREENDUDE~
"
"Torment & Bloodlines play in the same events".

This is a sad change. Especially with no prior warning. Torment users have access to more and better gear in general due to the tormented spirits. Furthermore they have access to a build enabling LLD unique called Brutus Sprinkler.

It is much easier both difficulty wise but also financially to go on torment to fund pvp. This means that players who are Bloodlines players and who usually stick to Hardcore only leagues, are at a disadvantage to Torment players.

Don't get me wrong; I know what this aims to achieve. It will increase the participation of events. However I don't think it's fair that one league has an edge over another, without warning us first before the leagues ever began.

What we really needed instead was cross-league Dueling to populate the long queues. Queue times and the cross-league barrier to challenging friends was an issue. But events are meant to be competitive and this is putting one league ahead of the other.
Last edited by mgriff on Feb 9, 2015, 11:29:57 PM
Hyped
Burn the Heretic. Kill the Mutant. Purge the Unclean.
first page boiys
when will Torment League ends?
Combined leagues? Brutus Lead Sprinkler OK.
"
mgriff wrote:
Torment and Bloodlines being combined is a little disappointing

It's most likely to artificially increase attendance.
I am still going to make 1 character in each league though.
ProjectPT was right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info