Combining TMT and BLD will only work if...

I'm all for having cross-league PvP. It's great that we can fight against others who are interested in and serious about PvP but who choose to play in a different league. Whether or not this will have the desired effect of increasing participation remains to be seen, but it goes without saying that TMT will have more players and better geared players (actually Chris disagrees with me but let's just assume that the TMT and BLD economies are different).

Now here comes the problem. We're competing for the same rewards when it's crystal clear that the leagues differ drastically in what is available to them. TMT obviously has many times more resources floating around, while BLD does not. TMT has LLD uniques that BLD does not (e.g. Brutus Sprinkler). It's impossible to argue that TMT and BLD both have a fair chance at winning the same rewards. The reality is far from it.

Solution? Separate the rewards. TMT and BLD players can compete against each other, party with each other, duel each other, and do whatever else that would be possible if TMT and BLD were actually one league. BUT, separate the rewards. If the top BLD player in the Swiss event gets 5th place, give that player a Demi and award Season Points as if that player had gotten 1st. If TMT and BLD compete for the same rewards, we're not going to have much participation beyond just the TMT players. Because why does BLD have a reason to participate? That's right, there is no reason. Rewards will go to TMT, aside from a few that will go to very well-geared BLD players.

I don't have any other good suggestions right now. But one thing is for certain: keeping it as it is now isn't good.

Any other ideas? Thoughts?

You can also look at my comment on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2vdsi7/februarymarch_competitive_season/
Last edited by mimivirus on Feb 10, 2015, 12:47:37 AM
Although I wish we could reverse the decision completely, I do think this is the best solution presented.

Racing works that way: The ranking shows all players but in reality, you are competeing with those in your class for rewards (demigods). In this situation, it is the same thing except you compete against your own league (bloodlines and torment).
IGN: @GreenDude
+1 to this idea, again
Last edited by mimivirus on Feb 10, 2015, 1:57:58 AM
+1 in this thread too.
+1
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Dang, so I only had to make one pvp char..

Last edited by terrex on Feb 10, 2015, 10:30:02 AM
+1
IGN Standard: GianBiagio/StormentinaReave/RNGeesusHelpMyPepperoni
IGN Hardcore: Giankova
made a post about this before seeing this, +100000
pvp loooooooool

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info