February-March Competitive Season

"
RichMoney wrote:
Spent 4 days leveling a Bloodlines character for HLD, ripped, wasted another day starting another one. Now I could have spent 4 days in Torment, had a higher character with A) more loot, B) cheaper loot, C) different items. This announcement can fuck right off.

+1
This sums my feeling and thoughts up quite nicely. VERY unfair for those who enjoy playing HC leagues. BIG advantage to those who only enjoy to play SC leagues.
Unfortunately I can only play an hour or two a day, during the week. So I did not grind pvp gear on two leagues.

I however completely understand the frustrations of those that did.

I think the newness of pvp wore off towards the end of season 1. Plus the first season was on permanent leagues. Where people already had gear and currency. That got alot of people to try pvp, that wouldn't have otherwise. Including me.

The reasoning behind combining the leagues, for a larger player pool maybe a good idea.

The ques have been terribly slow on torment. I'm sure there not any better on bloodlines. Maybe i wont have time to watch a half episode Star Trek in between matches. Thinking the whole time I should just run maps instead of spending my precious time waiting and waiting.

I think the bad timing of such momentus changes, needs to be looked at by GGG.

My guess it was a last minute effort to consodate the player base before, they started running half empty tournaments. After all the time i have spent waiting in the que I'm really not that surprised.

Edit: the matchups are also bad with so few people. I shoudn't be getting wrecked all night by people in the top 10, when I am 90ish on the ladder, and going down, because I'm always getting wrecked by the top of the ladder.

God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Last edited by ripnburn69 on Feb 10, 2015, 1:04:29 PM
Not sure how I feel towards the racing invitational.. How will the top get recorded? Will class still matter? We are still stuck in a caster race era + leap slam.
"
ddub3987 wrote:
The merger itself is a good idea that will help que times and pvp in the long run. Delivering news like this so late is entirely unprofessional. Myself and others worked their asses off to fully gear multiple pvp guys so we could do both bloodlines and torment competitions. Now that they can do the same competition we basically wasted a substantial amount of time/currency.

See here is the thing, GGG is thinking logical and by doing so they realize that people like you won't be competitive anyway. You can't gear up multiple pvp guys and compete vs people gearing up their guys in one specific league. You'll always be at the disadvantage.

GGG realizes it, you don't and now you complain about you not understanding and therfor not anticipating the logical and obvious changes.
Last edited by DasName on Feb 10, 2015, 12:48:55 PM
ehh...

what does LLD / HLD mean?
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
low level duel (level 28)
high level duel (well high level, the RMT heaven ;) )
Last edited by DasName on Feb 10, 2015, 12:49:33 PM
"
DasName wrote:
"
ddub3987 wrote:
The merger itself is a good idea that will help que times and pvp in the long run. Delivering news like this so late is entirely unprofessional. Myself and others worked their asses off to fully gear multiple pvp guys so we could do both bloodlines and torment competitions. Now that they can do the same competition we basically wasted a substantial amount of time/currency.

See here is the thing, GGG is thinking logical and by doing so they realize that people like you won't be competitive anyway. You can't gear up multiple pvp guys and compete vs people gearing up their guys in one specific league. You'll always be at the disadvantage.

GGG realizes it, you don't and now you complain about you not understanding and therfor not anticipating the logical and obvious changes.

I love getting ad hominemed by people who don't even pvp.(And yes both my guys are fully geared competitively, so feel free to challenge me in any league before trash talking. Thanks.
Dublicious
"
DasName wrote:
"
ddub3987 wrote:

Wow, completely false and ignorant LOL.

Once you know what to build for and look for, it really doesn't take a lot to complete your character. Currency and corrupt rng mainly being the only factors.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
But TMT has 100x the resources of BLD, so why encourage people to even try preparing in BLD?

This assumption isn't really true - competent Bloodlines players have very similar (if not better) economic results to Torment players. The items crafted in Bloodlines (and PvP characters created) are often better.

I wish we could have given more notice on the announcement.

Pretty offended by the "competent" tag... implying that people who aren't well equipped are incompetent. Thanks for that.

If you're not the top of the ladder in that laughingly bad PvP then in GGG's eyes you are not competent. Im starting to wonder if they're competent enough to keep delivering worthwhile content.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Chris wrote:

This assumption isn't really true - competent Bloodlines players have very similar (if not better) economic results to Torment players. The items crafted in Bloodlines (and PvP characters created) are often better.

I wish we could have given more notice on the announcement.

A bunch of people need to read more carefully. He very clearly says

"competent Bloodlines players have very similar (if not better) economic results"

He does not say you are not competent if you play bloodlines, have shitty gear, or your just bad at pvp.

He is saying similar economic results. Who the hell can't grind up a few exalts in a week or two in a new league. Well if you can Chris Wilson just called you competent, congradulations.

Feel free to debate if the economic results are really similar.

But please quit pretending he is insulting your pvpenis.
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Last edited by ripnburn69 on Feb 10, 2015, 3:32:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info