True gamers don't cheat!

woman like cash and confidence those bitches dont care how u got it. look at murdering mobster putin with his fine ass piece of ass less than half his age

0nly reason i dont cheat is flipping so ez and risk reward poor

noble = sucker
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 22, 2015, 2:25:34 AM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
... and true hardcore gamers even less so. That's why women like us more. Am i right?

Somehow, the wrong crowd got invited to this game though. Would making the game as brutal as possible be a good response to push these kinds of people away? I would be down with it.

thats just a load a big steaming pile of horse manuere.

cheating in gaming is probably older than you are son. we "oldschoolers" have already cheated/hacked and scammed in games 25+ years ago while your biggest task was to make doo doo in diapers...

and compared to today even the casual games were 100x more hardcore so dont talk about true hardcore gamers as if you know anything about it.

oh and also 90% of women these days dont give a damn what or how you do as long as you got cash all is fine you can be a mass murderer psycho contract killer as long as you got cash you got hot bitches.

Spoiler

man, kids these days.
Last edited by Esto on Jan 22, 2015, 3:56:15 AM
This thread really did get better after only the zealots had spoken on the first few pages.
After that it got more sophisticated.

Of course cheating in video games is not bad by definition.
And there is no such thing as a real gamer. That's something that everyone would define differently.

Some of the anti cheat spokesmen admitted that cheating can help you play the game you want to play (for example when you have milked the legit part of the game for all it's worth).
But if someone wants to start playing the game cheating without even attempting to beat the game fair and square - that's their business, as long as they don't spoil someone elses fun.

No doubt cheating in a competition like a race is a pathetic move for a player. I think as someone mentioned honour is the key term here.
But on the other hand if someone in a third world country can fund their education by cheating in this game, that someone isn't a player in my book. Who am I to judge that someone over a bit of fun lost on my side?

Also, as mentioned in this thread, ther should be a single player version of this game. :) See sig.

Best regards
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:

I think something like disabling Immortal call for cast when damage taken would go a long way. Anything that lets you afk farm in end game without minding your surroundings should be removed, including purities and arctic armor. Monster damage should be increased. High level items should not make you immortal, but just give you a little breathing room. I know i might sound extreme, but i think the game was better in the past.

that's brutal indeed, but see I can achieve this kind of "brutal" in a heartbeat: let me just swap my Staff Templar's staff with a 2-hander (for that zero block chance instead of near-zero), and the chest armour for a Tabula Rasa.
that's zero defence, uncapped resistances, no CWDT, and my Abyssus to top it all off.
insta-brutal. turn what is already a glass cannon into something that'll be one-shot by white mobs.

now, take my tankiest character - CWDT Immortal Call, great leech, capped resistances and all that - and load him into a map.
if there are monsters nearby and I take too much time to load it - a.k.a "server-side AFK" - he'll likely be dead.

because the game is mostly about gear-checks, so "achieving true AFK status" is about crazy gear, which I don't have and never will.
so when I play, I'm always on my toes. especially in HC.

therefore a far better definition of "brutal", in my opinion, will be to give monsters better AI, better synergy between different monster types, and maybe some very specific "special attacks" you can easily see coming and dodge - in any situation - but only if you are paying attention.

make it so even uber-geared guys can get their asses kicked if they aren't minding their surroundings, but not-uber-geared won't necessarily be, if they are skilled and vigilant enough.
harder to implement, but a far better solution compared to "dis monstar basic attak do 9000000000 damage against not mirrored gear", in my opinion.

I don't disagree with you, but i feel like we are saying the same thing. i.e. examples that make cheating obsolete since even with cheated item you still get challenged by the game.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
... and true hardcore gamers even less so. That's why women like us more. Am i right?

Somehow, the wrong crowd got invited to this game though. Would making the game as brutal as possible be a good response to push these kinds of people away? I would be down with it.

"true gamers"
"gamers"

I see you like throwing around words with no meaning.

Also, if anyone, then the "true gamers" cheat. The ones who design and find cheats and exploits are ussually the ones who put in most time and effort into games, and dissect them and test them to their limits.
Also true left wingers do not vote for Syriza :P

PoE is just a game, not a spiritual experience. Even while i was playing, i did not give a shit. If cheating is prevented, well good. What really bothered me was suffering from desync, by all those anti cheat mechanisms, that ultimately do not seem to work 100%.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Jan 22, 2015, 8:28:37 AM
The extremely grindy nature of PoE encourages cheating unfortunately

this combined with the fact that you cant really ban people from a free game and that GGG is a small company with limited resources...

...well PoE is kind of a cheaters paradise

I mean say you get banned from d3 you have to drop some $$$ to buy a new game, in PoE you just set up a new account and boom your back baby

I salute GGG for at least trying to keep the cheaters in check but cheating will always be a part of this game to some degree

All one can do is be a "true gamer" as the OP put it and choose not to cheat, and report it when you are aware of it.
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:

this combined with the fact that you cant really ban people from a free game and that GGG is a small company with limited resources...

I mean say you get banned from d3 you have to drop some $$$ to buy a new game, in PoE you just set up a new account and boom your back baby

I salute GGG for at least trying to keep the cheaters in check but cheating will always be a part of this game to some degree

All one can do is be a "true gamer" as the OP put it and choose not to cheat, and report it when you are aware of it.

And the only way to "choose not to cheat" is to play solo/self-found. Any trading or MP and you're cheating by proxy.
"
k1rage wrote:

and even then its a cost versus profit kinda thing.

for example world of warcraft.

when you keep track of what is happening on the most known botter and cheater forums you can see even in wow people post like "15 from 20 accounts banned"

and when you read the ban report they go on how they were able to bot for 5-8 days and that they still made a profit despite the fact that they had to buy those accounts then first level them to a certain lvl.

the only and real catalyst for cheating/botting are those people who are willing to spend real money on ingame items.

like maphacks/zoomhacks have been around in poe since nearly the very first day. did people give much thought to it ? no! did it hinder them to have fun in this game? no! only with recent events people started to act all white knightey and concerned or even hurt by it.

i dont want to sugarcoat cheating in any way, but take a minute and a deep breathe and think back to how muh fun you had despite the fact that people have been cheating and botting all this time.

the only thing that changed is that 90% of the playerbase is not in the dark anymore or atleast not that naive to think that there is no cheating/botting in this game(or any game for that matter)

and even with the recent events that came into public what is hindering all those people to still enjoy this game and have a really really good time with your friends?(besides maybe not being able to disable particles but *lulz*)
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

And the only way to "choose not to cheat" is to play solo/self-found. Any trading or MP and you're cheating by proxy.

Oh get off your self found high horse shags, im not going to hamstring myself just because the Item might have come from a cheater somewhere down the line. (i would not buy from a know cheater however)

If you want to grind for items till you eyes bleed go for it but stop acting like you oh so holy and pure and dumping on people who trade.

The game is built upon tradeing, are you saying anyone who traded should be banned for "cheating by proxy"

I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info