True gamers don't cheat!

I trade all the time.

all this time I thought I wasn't cheating :(

its a murky grey area, but whether you like it
or not trading is a big part of poe, to (I think)
a sizable percentage of its players..

unless you have strong suspicion or knowledge that
someone you are dealing with is "dirty"
and you continue to deal with said person..
trading in and of itself should not be considered
"cheating by proxy"

that's just taking this whole thing to far..
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
Last edited by GDSLICK on Jan 22, 2015, 4:25:39 PM
Trading isn't cheating, this whole thread is a joke.
Real gamers don't eat quiche. Real gamers from [Removed by support] can't even spell it.
Cheating is cool .... in single player games only. In multi its no no. In POE its *silly. I know how is to be lvl 96. Its very boring when u burn 77&78s to get 0.5% or 1% xp, when map drop is premium because from 69s map drops are reduced a lot and when u have less chance to get good unique (more uniques in pool = less chance for good drop). There is chance to get good rare but build at that point is done, items go on market, exalts in inv ... and then in standard. Getting godly gear early makes u op, more boring or u just sell them and buy gear. At the end its same thing. U get ur build.

If cheaters r not doing RMT (I can understand that and ofc not supporting it), cheating, botting ... is retardisam and old habit from FB games of stupid "wonna be 6yo" minds :D.

*Edited by support
Last edited by Tom_GGG on Jan 22, 2015, 9:35:54 PM
"
"
Crackmonster wrote:
There is no such thing as true gamers don't cheat.

Some true gamers have the most fun while breaking the game,
others have the most fun while following the game as it was intended.

Most do both depending on the situation, the game and the time..

So wrong, it hurts. You can break the game (perma-curses on atziri and leave instance was that exactly - breaking the game but using in-game mechanics, snapshooting also etc.) but not cheat. Cheating is doing something that goes against the game's policy, dont confuse it with breaking, which is smart usage of legal in-game mechanics to gain an advantage.

I personally hate both cheating and breaking a game, and i always try to use any kind of mechanic the way GGG had in mind when implementing it (BM keystone for pure life characters, no snapshooting etc)

If you still believe true gamers cheat, then you havent met a true gamer ever in your life. True gamers play a game to explore its gameplay, lore and even mechanics, have fun while doing so, try their best and solve any kind of problem on their own. If they come across an obstacle they take their time to overcome it and never seek illegal help or use cheats, yes they might ask help from a friend or a forum for something that they are not able to comprehend, but they refuse to accept more than they really need. Thats why people who use cheats, hacks, following guides/walkthroughs, and want everything solved and ready for them are not true gamers, instant gratification is not part of the fun for a true gamer.

P.S. : in the case of PoE, even build guides are a big no for old school gamers

P.S. II : hacking and cheating in PoE, is like using a walkthrough to get past Carla in the Secret of Monkey Island - unacceptable and totally idiotic

Congratulations, you fit into one of the two prime catagories i mentioned.

The rest is just.. you elaborating on how much better you think it is to do things your way.

I btw do things mostly that way as well, so i can mostly agree with you, but i understand that not all people are like me and that there are others who get their fun from breaking the game. Kripparian for example is one of those. And if you put enough thought into it, you will be hardpressed not to arrive at the conclusion that their minds are more free and able to look outside the box. It's pretty much naive to have your fun dictated by someone elses creation, which by defition limits your expression to what matches with theirs, and rather more developed to look beyond to see what simply is, rather than how you are guided towards.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
The best gamers take every advantage they can get. Call it what you wish.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

And the only way to "choose not to cheat" is to play solo/self-found. Any trading or MP and you're cheating by proxy.

This seems irrational. Does second hand smoking make you a smoker as well? When the doctor asks you if you smoke, you say yes because people around you smoke?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
As long as you're ok with it, I'm ok with you being ok with it.

You seem to be the one angry about something... not me. I know I wouldn't last a week if I traded for stuff, simply because I wouldn't care about the game anymore. So I don't trade. It doesn't mean I disrespect people who trade. What I do disrespect are the people who trade and claim that they're pure or "true". That's bullshit.

this is uphill like telling a highly religious person to explain how the world was created and the being of mankind,,, and michro bioligy and dna...

TRADING IS THE GAME: ITS JUST AS CORE MECHANIC AS KILLING A MOB AND PICKING UP AN ITEM!.. u got billions of options of what gear u need for a specific setup.. u migth find 1-2 items abouve medio..for u and 1 very good.. the rest u need to trade with others that need the item u got.... TRADING IS THE GAME: open ure eyes.. some are good at it and fund of trading... good for em bad for u. u will never be competable..
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
"
Crackmonster wrote:
There is no such thing as true gamers don't cheat.

Some true gamers have the most fun while breaking the game,
others have the most fun while following the game as it was intended.

Most do both depending on the situation, the game and the time..

So wrong, it hurts. You can break the game (perma-curses on atziri and leave instance was that exactly - breaking the game but using in-game mechanics, snapshooting also etc.) but not cheat. Cheating is doing something that goes against the game's policy, dont confuse it with breaking, which is smart usage of legal in-game mechanics to gain an advantage.

I personally hate both cheating and breaking a game, and i always try to use any kind of mechanic the way GGG had in mind when implementing it (BM keystone for pure life characters, no snapshooting etc)

If you still believe true gamers cheat, then you havent met a true gamer ever in your life. True gamers play a game to explore its gameplay, lore and even mechanics, have fun while doing so, try their best and solve any kind of problem on their own. If they come across an obstacle they take their time to overcome it and never seek illegal help or use cheats, yes they might ask help from a friend or a forum for something that they are not able to comprehend, but they refuse to accept more than they really need. Thats why people who use cheats, hacks, following guides/walkthroughs, and want everything solved and ready for them are not true gamers, instant gratification is not part of the fun for a true gamer.

P.S. : in the case of PoE, even build guides are a big no for old school gamers

P.S. II : hacking and cheating in PoE, is like using a walkthrough to get past Carla in the Secret of Monkey Island - unacceptable and totally idiotic

Congratulations, you fit into one of the two prime catagories i mentioned.

The rest is just.. you elaborating on how much better you think it is to do things your way.

I btw do things mostly that way as well, so i can mostly agree with you, but i understand that not all people are like me and that there are others who get their fun from breaking the game. Kripparian for example is one of those. And if you put enough thought into it, you will be hardpressed not to arrive at the conclusion that their minds are more free and able to look outside the box. It's pretty much naive to have your fun dictated by someone elses creation, which by defition limits your expression to what matches with theirs, and rather more developed to look beyond to see what simply is, rather than how you are guided towards.

gamers who analyse game, and figure out stuff and goes to the max limit have my greatest admiration, pushing limits creates progress... cheating is not pushing limits... finding an exploid that are obvius a game exploid and keeping it secret like dubbing is also cheating... however i feal sad when brilliant minds make godly builds and see next thing GGG destroyes em since they dident do there math rigth when making the game makes me sad... i here think of fundle, skyforth and a bunch others.. i personaly feal part of block downfall together with morezz, him with afk azuri, and my ci vall pact 9k es 20k armor capped block aegis and godly crit damage... numbers ggg cuddent accept even thoe they cud have calculated the options before making OP possible..
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info