True gamers don't cheat!

"
Hyskoa wrote:
And no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge.

QFT.

As for cheating, only ever on solo offline games after you get the game completed and want that wee bit extra fun out of it...playing from the get go with cheats is rather pointless.

Making the game artificially hard to force them out wouldn't really work...if anything it would make them cheat harder.

Still siding with merciless banning, they have demonstrated they can catch them.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Hard to tell if quality of life stuff is a cheat

Agree that duping , rmt, etc is a cheat
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Last edited by The_Great_Alex on Jan 21, 2015, 11:16:43 AM
I just can't figure out why people cheat. Where the hell is the fun/accomplishment in cheating?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
I just can't figure out why people cheat. Where the hell is the fun/accomplishment in cheating?

if ure a student in korea u can fund ure education and shit with it.
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
Is logging out, cheating? GGG allows it, even balanced PoE around it, but other games haven't. Some even keep you logged in to prevent logout/avoiding death.

Is begging/gifting items cheating? There's nothing to prevent someone from giving you a Shavs, or Acuity for nothing (at least, nothing ingame).

Is boosting cheating? Giving out waypoints? Buying boss kills? Getting boss kills for free?

Everything is allowed ingame, and it's all ways to avoid having to play the game, or avoid having to suffer the consequences of the gameplay balance.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Druga1757 wrote:
Is logging out, cheating? GGG allows it, even balanced PoE around it, but other games haven't. Some even keep you logged in to prevent logout/avoiding death.

Is begging/gifting items cheating? There's nothing to prevent someone from giving you a Shavs, or Acuity for nothing (at least, nothing ingame).

Is boosting cheating? Giving out waypoints? Buying boss kills? Getting boss kills for free?

Everything is allowed ingame, and it's all ways to avoid having to play the game, or avoid having to suffer the consequences of the gameplay balance.

If you're not up to date on the current discussion of cheats, I understand. But bringing this stuff into the discussion on cheating isn't helping. We're talking about cheats that rely on altering the game or use some automation to "play" for you. What you bring up are actions that you might not like, but wouldn't be considered cheats under even lax interpretations of the word.

You might be doing this to make light of the cheating that we're talking about, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just believe that you're not aware of it.
Don't cheat. I agree.

What we could take from this is: constant vigilance and consistency of house rules.

Cheating is often normalized when everybody you know does it, and they don't get reprimanded. Culling the seeds early is key. It is quite fortunate that only 3.5% of players were found cheating. I would say it was still a little bit late (I would cull it the moment it came up).
I need more purple titles
"
Ocylix wrote:
Don't cheat. I agree.

What we could take from this is: constant vigilance and consistency of house rules.

Cheating is often normalized when everybody you know does it, and they don't get reprimanded. Culling the seeds early is key. It is quite fortunate that only 3.5% of players were found cheating. I would say it was still a little bit late (I would cull it the moment it came up).

They couldnt have done it at the beginning where they had to build a player base and now its more players but also people who thought they could get away with it forever and these people spend money thinking GGG doesnt do anything, then GGG does ban them and they sue. While they have no way of winning its a big inconvenience either way now.
Remember it is polite to jerk the guy on your left. Not your right. We have to maintain order in these sorts of things.
As someone who won't trade, won't temp league, won't economeh, won't compete, won't use anything other than in game binds and never logs out of a situation; I'm so far away from the cheaters it's unfathomable. But, cheaters are so close to being the ideal targeted audience of this game by design, it is equally unfathomable.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info