True gamers don't cheat!

... and true hardcore gamers even less so. That's why women like us more. Am i right?

Somehow, the wrong crowd got invited to this game though. Would making the game as brutal as possible be a good response to push these kinds of people away? I would be down with it.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jan 21, 2015, 9:33:31 AM
And no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
I got tired of playing with cheaters in Dark Age of Camelot. Vowed never to let my gaming be damaged by others since. That's like what... 15 years? I don't participate in game like this with others because I know that eventually I'll have to question my own contributions to cheating.

So I know PoE is 100% legit... at least the PoE I play. My items are mine and were found by the rules. No items were gifted to me by cheaters looking for some gratification they don't deserve. No one helped me get where I get. No cheater killed Vaal for me, or Atziri.

That's the only reason I've played this game as long as I have. If I felt I had any benefit from a cheating, even by proxy, I'd have left years ago.

Edit: Just checked... 11 years ago. Haven't played a multiplayer game since.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jan 21, 2015, 9:24:59 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I got tired of playing with cheaters in Dark Age of Camelot. Vowed never to let my gaming be damaged by others since. That's like what... 15 years? I don't participate in game like this with others because I know that eventually I'll have to question my own contributions to cheating.

So I know PoE is 100% legit... at least the PoE I play. My items are mine and were found by the rules. No items were gifted to me by cheaters looking for some gratification they don't deserve. No one helped me get where I get. No cheater killed Vaal for me, or Atziri.

That's the only reason I've played this game as long as I have. If I felt I had any benefit from a cheating, even by proxy, I'd have left years ago.

Edit: Just checked... 11 years ago. Haven't played a multiplayer game since.

yes, true for me also. poe was the first online only game i got heavily involved (beside some addictive browser games like planetarion or galaxy wars some time ago).

cheating of others doesn't really affects me cause i rarely trade, have no chance of success because of my casual playstyle and see poe as "just a game" i really like. cheating myself would kill the fun for me (tested it in titan quest where people ran compromized servers and i wasn't sure whether i should get rid of the illegal items i got there or not).

so when i argue against cheating it's always from the game's point of view.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
There was cheating in DAoC? Damn. I don't recall that, but I stuck to Percival (rp server) and quit just after Darkness Falls. Maybe things went south after that,or on more competitive servers.

Most MMOs curb cheating other than RMT quite well in my experience.

There was cheating in all games. Don't think there wasn't. In DAoC I was a crafter. 99% of my time was spent creating items for sale and running a shop... even before housing was added.

People who automated crafting ruined my game, and Mythic turned a blind eye to it.
Some games you have to cheat on after you get bored it gives it some new life

Using macros to do things for you is cheating really it does the same thing a hack would do if they couldn't make a macro for it lol (and even some hacks have these as in maplestorys auto potion macro built into some hacks)

on a sidenote im now using the /oos macro and its retarded as hell. why this is not on a timer in the game itself no idea
Cheating is bad. Just because it doesn't directly affect one aspect of the game or another doesn't justify it. It did affect RvR. You think those gates were repaired by legit crafters? They should have been. But they weren't. They were repaired by someone's bot... automated.
"
Ah, automated crafting. Hm.

I thought you meant something really bad that might affect frontier rvr.

Well,okay.

There was radarprogram that could tell where other groups and people are on a RVR map. So a fg could always grab the lower 3-5 people groups and avoid other fgs or zergs. Speedhack was also there.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
I enjoyed my time in DAoC too. It was years ahead of it's time. It just taught me about trust and the internet. I find I lose interest in a game when I stop trusting it... and playing with others is a pretty quick road down that path. So I choose not to play with others.
check the reddit post. the confession about from the player who crafted godly perfect items on last league.. and got banned for rmt, even thoue he found a bug and was able to dublicate stuff and generated stacks of currency, ex,et, mirrors. crafted ggg perfect gear using many stashtaps of ex on each, and selling currency rmt.. interresting reading. a option 99% sadly wud be doing if option was shown to em.. even ppl who wud never wud rmt since the temptation was to big. however most disapointing was he only got caugth since he was showing of.. so im more conserned about who/how many there is out there with same knowlege... fair ban he also admit it. bug is fixed now... but thats months ago and someone cud have been doing that every hour every day mean time and be sitting with 100000 usd from rmt.. since there appently always is a buyer for it... also sad. more sadly is that stuff like that cud have pushed the balance of the intire game economy... since i played retartedly since lauch open beta, newer saw a mirror and dropped 2 et.. if he wud he cud propperly generate 10.000 mirrors on a few hours. ggg need to make tracker id on high end currency/items
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info