True gamers don't cheat!

"
They couldnt have done it at the beginning where they had to build a player base and now its more players but also people who thought they could get away with it forever and these people spend money thinking GGG doesnt do anything, then GGG does ban them and they sue. While they have no way of winning its a big inconvenience either way now.

Making up more excuses for not banning cheaters?

Just you wait cheaters, this time next year, your are a goner!

For real...

...we are not joking this time...

...massbanwave tsunami soon(tm)...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
It doesn't matter a lick to me if the number of cheaters was 3.5% or 35%. Either would ruin a game for me. Trading with someone, even someone I trusted, would worry me that I got the stuff through cheats. Yes, I value the integrity of my games that much.

Maybe it comes from being cheated at poker back in the 60s for real money that I had no business playing with in my ill-spent youth. Dunno. I've made that money back over 100 fold in the game since.

It's a really easy thing to avoid the concern. I just don't interact with people in the game.
"
yungwhiz wrote:
Remember it is polite to jerk the guy on your left. Not your right. We have to maintain order in these sorts of things.

Should be guy on the right since most people are righthanded and would be inconvenient to do it that way...
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
If this were an offline game, I'd cheat the shit out of it just to extract as much fun and joy as I could, then leave abruptly after I'd had my fill. Sure, I'd promise to call, but I never would.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Unless they want QOL features for their potato PCs, in which case GGG will fearlessly send them a strongly worded sixth warning. All is well.

Spoiler
wuh-waaaaw

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jan 21, 2015, 2:44:08 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
Is logging out, cheating? GGG allows it, even balanced PoE around it, but other games haven't. Some even keep you logged in to prevent logout/avoiding death.

Is begging/gifting items cheating? There's nothing to prevent someone from giving you a Shavs, or Acuity for nothing (at least, nothing ingame).

Is boosting cheating? Giving out waypoints? Buying boss kills? Getting boss kills for free?

Everything is allowed ingame, and it's all ways to avoid having to play the game, or avoid having to suffer the consequences of the gameplay balance.

If you're not up to date on the current discussion of cheats, I understand. But bringing this stuff into the discussion on cheating isn't helping. We're talking about cheats that rely on altering the game or use some automation to "play" for you. What you bring up are actions that you might not like, but wouldn't be considered cheats under even lax interpretations of the word.

You might be doing this to make light of the cheating that we're talking about, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just believe that you're not aware of it.

I'm very aware of the discussion.

And what I feel constitutes cheating is VERY relevant to the discussion. I don't care about cheating, don't want to do it because I don't want to risk my account. But I also don't care for GGG's rules because I don't agree with them. Cheaters not only don't care about GGG's rules, they also don't care about their account. That is the issue.

If GGG and all the indignant "gamers don't cheat" peeps want players to follow the rules, then they have to be rules the players care about. As it is, with all the grey area, some are ok, some aren't, and rule changing, that's not what's happening. In a F2P game with an emphasis on temp leauges/starting over, and trading, it's most important to get players to care about the rules. Because the way the game is set up, it's a paradise for cheating and disposable accounts.

Get players to care about their account and/or the rules. That should be the discussion.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

i bought solaris waypoint in merciless i am not a true gamer ban meh

(also sometimes i go over the speed limit in real life im a badass)
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Jan 21, 2015, 3:04:39 PM
Doesn't matter if you agree with them or not. No one asked you.
"
Fucking signed.

I cheated at D1 but only after milking it to death, only after it became clear that Blizzard just didn't care. They had our cash.

PoE is an online only game. It's free. It's updated regularly. It's not inherently pay to win.

All the devs ask is don't cheat. Hell, you can alt f4. You can use macros that simulate a single action. You can even use external third party trade tools.

Just. Don't. Cheat.

Sounds pretty fucking fair to me.

I dont use alt+F4 myself but this feature is why i can actually run HC in this game if i like... in D3 because they do not allow alt+F4 if you get DC from the server in HC... you WILL log back in to a dead toon because to combat alt+F4 they keep you in the game for 10 seconds if you do such!

Macros are also not allowed in D3 so i have to totally agree with you man... we are given much more freedom in this game than people realize yet they still feel the need to cheat.. why ill never know!

I also found out last night that one of the macros ive been using that i got from one of the well known players of this game is apparently not allowed because it picks my item up for me to do /itemlevel..
so i took the pickup part off the macro just because if it isnt allowed then we should RESPECT what they ask of us! after all a little respect goes a long way and i think thats one of the issues here... no respect or gratitude for what we are given! at least they didnt say we cant use macros what so ever so why not just be grateful for what we are allowed to do and keep our end of the deal as well!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jan 21, 2015, 3:13:44 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I got tired of playing with cheaters in Dark Age of Camelot. Vowed never to let my gaming be damaged by others since. That's like what... 15 years? I don't participate in game like this with others because I know that eventually I'll have to question my own contributions to cheating.

So I know PoE is 100% legit... at least the PoE I play. My items are mine and were found by the rules. No items were gifted to me by cheaters looking for some gratification they don't deserve. No one helped me get where I get. No cheater killed Vaal for me, or Atziri.

That's the only reason I've played this game as long as I have. If I felt I had any benefit from a cheating, even by proxy, I'd have left years ago.

Edit: Just checked... 11 years ago. Haven't played a multiplayer game since.

MJ is trying to make another spiritual successor, just this time not with EA.

http://camelotunchained.com/v2/

Cheating wasn't that bad, or I didn't noticed it at least. Always heard people complaining.

Spoiler
Hope you didn't play as a sissy hib

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info