Mechanics thread

"
wxyjac wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Elemental Proliferation causes chill to proliferate as well as freeze. When the hit enemy chills as it unfreezes, that chill is shared with all the nearby enemies (until it runs out or they move far enough away).

What if the original frozen monster die while in frozen? Does the remaining monster, that were frozen by the proliferation only, also chill as their "frozen" state is removed?
If the monster you killed dies while frozen, it will shatter, and thus that monster no longer exists. All nearby monsters that were frozen because it was proliferating freeze will no longer be frozen, they will not be chilled either.
"
wxyjac wrote:
How is chance to freeze checked?

Like the 5% from passive, or the 10% from elemental weakness, how does it work with critical strikes?

Does it work independently? So that if you hit something with cold, regardless if you crit or not, you have 5%/10%/15% chance to freeze? Possibly occurring the same time together?

Or, does it work after critical, so that if you do not crit, you THEN have the additional 5%/10%/15% chance to freeze?

Basically, do they work independently of one another?
Technically yes, but if I'm understanding your question there's no mechanical difference.
If 10% of all hits (including crits) freeze from freeze chance, that means that 10% of non-crits will freeze from freeze chance (and that 10% of crits will freeze from freeze chance, but crits freeze already anyway).
So applying your 10% freeze chance to all hits and just to non-crits both result in all crits freezing and 10% of the rest freezing.
"
Malice wrote:
I'm not sure if lightning strike's projectiles count as attacks or not. Try it.
They do.
"
Spectruma wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
as for volls+blood magic, blood magic makes mp 0, 50% of 0 is what...

Well, since the supportgem 'reduced mana cost' works as a 'reduced HP cost' with blood magic, I figured Voll might've cut your HP in half as well.
This, while reasonably accuract, isn't quite true, and thinking about it the other way might help you understand which things apply and which don't.

Reduced Mana cost doesn't change to "reduced life cost" under blood magic, it always reduces the mana cost of the skill. Even under blood magic, your skills still have mana costs. But blood magic lets you pay that cost by substituting life for mana.
All blood magic does is mean that when a skill tells you to pay it's mana cost, you give it life instead of mana. Nothing which affects mana changes to affect life.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 16, 2012, 8:30:14 PM
"
Zakaluka wrote:
Malice, how confident are you in your to-hit formula?

"

chance to hit = attacker_accuracy / ( attacker_accuracy + ((defender_evasion/4)^0.8))

It's still correct
"
neonesis wrote:
Recently I spotted a few "%x chance to avoid being stunned" passive nodes.

I wonder, how is this applied? Is it a separate value, checked before life/damage calulations and ES check, or is it simply added to aforementioned checks?
First it works out as usual if you would be stunned.
Then, if you would be stunned, you get an x% chance to instead not be stunned.
"
Malice wrote:
Does it stack additively with the 50% stun avoidance of energy shield?
It's a separate check.
"
raic000 wrote:
That's the way it is.

Say you have 10-20 physical damage weapon and passives that increase your weapon damage by total of 100%, you'll do
20-40 physical damage

Now, if you start using infernal blow that converts 50% damage to fire that will be
10-20 physical
10-20 fire

If you have fire damage and/or fire damage on weapons bonus of, say a grand total of 50% you'll do
10-20 physical
15-30 fire

So fire portion of the damage got increased twice, and not additively but multiplicatively, which would mean that half of your weapon damage first got increased by 100% and then that total was again increased by 50% which would sum it up as not a 150% increase, but 200% (probably the main reason why those weapon elemental damage nodes were nerfed).
This is false. Additive increases are never made multiplicative by conversion.

In the above example, you have 10-20 base physical damage, half of which is converted to fire.
Thus you have 5-10 base physical damage, affected by a total 100% increase, give 10-20 total physical damage.
You also have 5-10 base fire damage converted from physical, affected by the 100% increase and the 50% increase, so a total increase of 150%. This gives a total of 13 - 25 fire damage.

Additive increases are never applied multiplicatively. That would make them broken.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 29, 2012, 6:42:34 PM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
found something confusing to me for a change finally while viewing the C key status panel. unless threshold is specific to attacks
It is.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
similarly, i have total of 115% stun duration of which only 50% is unspecific to weapon type (20% passives and 30% belt). that DOES display on the status window for spells, i expected only the 50% to work.
Currently it looks like all stun duration from all sources is applying to spells. we probably want to change that. I'll make a note.

Thanks for the report!
"
Glowyrm wrote:
[/b][/u]2) Does it queue / add time? Meaning I will recover 200 life over 12 seconds?
This one. At any point when you've activated multiple different flasks (or the same flask twice), only the fastest-recovery one is active, and the rest are 'queued up. When it runs out, the second-fastest recovery one takes over and does it's recovery. You always get the full recovery time from each of your flasks, until you reach maximum life (at which point all flask recovery buffs are dismissed).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 6, 2012, 1:32:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info