Mechanics thread

"
Aplier wrote:
Keep in mind that this is calculated individually for each monster with a large group of monsters, they can all hit if you get unlucky, but no single monster will get a long string of all hits.
No, it's not, and I have no idea where people are getting this idea from? it's entirely in your character, reagardless of where the hits are coming from. The same mosnter can hit you multiple consecutive times if the others "use up" the misses.
"
Aplier wrote:
I'm assuming the rest of it close enough to the actual mechanic for the purpose of my explanation? =)
Close enough, yes.
"
Aplier wrote:
P.S. if anyone is bored and wants to learn all sorts of random information about the game, just stalk a dev's forum history for a few hours, ;)
Please keep in mind that the further back you go, the more likely that something's changed since the time of posting. Not everything I've posted about game mechanics is till true.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
i ask because previously skills like poison arrow, burning status effect, viper strike, and puncture didn't work on item find mods according to other players... and i had very high rarity on a character that exclusively used those before recent patch.
Those have always worked provided you're still in the area.
I think you're thinking of specifically the support gems, which apply to monsters at the point you hit them if the hit kills, and thus don't apply to DoT effects. MF on gear has always worked with these.
"
0nin wrote:
Does this even distribution system Evasion has, apply to any other percentage systems? For instance, Energy shield's innate 50% stun negation chance? If not, why not?
No. Because for each thing that system was used for we'd have to store several variables in every game object, and evasion is the only case it's actually necessary for.
No, the listed crit chance is for the explosion, which is not weapon damage and thus can't use the weapon's crit chance.
"
Malice wrote:
@Invalesco

"
As long as you have greater than 0 Energy Shield, you have a 50% chance to avoid stun.

As far as I know there are no exceptions to the above rule. Any additional % chance to avoid stun you get from the passive tree should stack additively with that 50%.
It doesn't. "Chance to avoid stun" from stats is a separate mechanic from what ES does. Unfortunately the easiest way to describe the effect of ES makes it sound like they're the same.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 16, 2012, 6:40:59 PM
If they don't specify, they're for all blocking.
"
fmoss3 wrote:
Q: is Cold Snap's non-critical chance to freeze calculated on a per cast basis, or a per monster basis?
per monster
"
fmoss3 wrote:
Q: does it stack additively with the passive skill Freeze and Elemental Weakness?
Yes
"
fmoss3 wrote:
Q: is non-critical freeze calculated before or after critical strikes?
technically after, but it makes no difference anyway.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 28, 2012, 10:32:03 PM
"
fmoss3 wrote:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that unique items that have bonuses that are taken from keystones do not stack with those keystones.

If not, what if you use a Doedre's Damning on each hand?

Does anybody have a definitive answer?
Items granting keystones referes to when they actually give you the keystone, such as the unique item which lists "Acrobatics" in it's mods.

The various extra curse rings don't do this, they say you get an additional curse, and you do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info