Mechanics thread

"
taekvideo wrote:
"
Burning, Chilled, Frozen, and Shocked are collectively known as Status Ailments.

The duration of the chilled, frozen, and shocked statuses is related to the amount of cold/lightning damage dealt.
If the duration based on the damage would be less that 300ms, it's ignored entirely.

Is this relative to max hp of the target like stuns?
I would think it is since my level 48 maurader with nearly 1k hp seems to be pretty much immune to these effects.
Even phase 2 merciless merveil's cold wave thing rarely chilled me, and it only lasted for a split second when it did.
Yes, it's based on max HP.
"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
taekvideo wrote:

Is this relative to max hp of the target like stuns?
I would think it is since my level 48 maurader with nearly 1k hp seems to be pretty much immune to these effects.
Even phase 2 merciless merveil's cold wave thing rarely chilled me, and it only lasted for a split second when it did.
Yes, it's based on max HP.

Why? What does having more health have to do with status effects? Beefy bodybuilders should have no less chance of being burned than a slender girl. That is a huge advantage for people who stack health vs people who go a different route. You shouldnt HAVE to stack health to be effective vs status ailments. Yes I'm aware there are passives you can pick up. Why should someone who takes an HP node get extra life, status resistance, and stun resistance all from one node while someone else has to waste an entire point just to get one of those bonuses? Shock, burn, ignite, and freeze should be completely based on damage vs mitigation and resistances and not be linked to health.
Because taking half your life as cold damage intuitively should do more freezing than taking a twentieth.
"
Synchrotron wrote:
1) Is dual wield block working as intended?
Yes
"
Synchrotron wrote:
2) Is there a blocking animation?
Yes, but it does not always play.
If a hit would stun you, and that hit is blocked, then you take no damage but play the block animation for the duration you would be stunned for.
If the hit would not stun you no block animation is played - this ensures blocking is never a bad thing for the character.
"
Synchrotron wrote:
3) Do block work against enemy archers?
Yes
"
zriL wrote:
I would like to know what the block animation looks like...
The dual wield blocking one varies a little between weapon types but generally has the character lift up the weapons and hold them crossed over defensively in front of their face/upper torso to block the hit.
The shield one involves raising the shield up, and the staff one I think just holds the stuff up.
"
Targuil wrote:
Default energy shield recharge delay is 6 seconds. Right.

So I picked up 5x15%=75% reduced energy shield recharge delay passives and 10% belt and 9% amulet. Totals to 94%.

By common sense, my energy shield reduction delay would be 6*(1-0,94)=0,36 seconds, but in reality River Mercenary has to miss me 3 times (few seconds) for the recharge to begin.

Is this a bug or is there unlisted hardcap (my stats show 94%) or is the formula for this somehow different?
Had a look, the formula currently in use is 100 / ( 100 + reduction ), so 100% reduction is halving the delay, not removing it entirely. I'll discuss this with Carl/Chris at some point to see if we want to keep it that way, and if we do I'll change the tooltip.
"
Xapti wrote:
It should be called divide delay by x% (or inverse of 100+x% multiplier), which is only inaccurate in the sense that each one doesn't divide separately, but they add together first then divide.
Since it's (effectively)increasing the speed at which the delay passes, it will be known in 0.9.6 as "increased Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery", at least until a better name presents itself. That makes it more clear that increasing it by 100% doubles the speed (i.e. halves the time) of the delay, rather than removing it entirely.
"
Tintreach wrote:

Unavailable

I've checked and double checked, and I'm fairly positive the above item has 7 non-implicit mods. Am I missing something, like "Increased Physical Damage" being a standard for the weapon type despite being below the line (Thus far, I have assumed mods above the line with implicit mods and below were random mods)?
It has six mods.
One of those mods is the "Squire's" prefix, which affects two stats - increased physical damage and additional accuracy rating.
You can check the available mods in the item data secion
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
faerwin wrote:
is there hidden decimals in-between quality of quality gems that don't scale by 1% per level?
Yes, quality always increases something on a gem, but sometimes for balance reasons it's by less than 1 per % quality, so you need to increase quality multiple times to get a noticable difference
"
faerwin wrote:
well, what I meant is that if I increase something by less than 1%, does it actually increase the dps? Examples are things like added chaos damage, added fire damage and weapon elemental damage.

And more relevant to my question, firestorm at quality 19 and 20 :P
Depends. Most things are dealt with as integers and rounded off, but there are a few cases where the rounding on the display is more rounded than the actual value.
Firestorm with 19% quality drops a fireball every 0.1215 seconds, at 20% quality every 0.12 seconds, which I believe is enough to mean you get one last fireball in (since the base duration is 1.2 seconds).
"
faerwin wrote:
ok, so you can actually get rounded down and not see it.
The reason for this is that while all stats are integer values, the stat in question on Firestorm is an integer number of milliseconds, not seconds, and gets divided by 1000 for display to show in seconds instead, which also rounds it to only two decimal places, so you can't see the difference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info