Mechanics thread

"
Glowyrm wrote:
For instance, I have a flask that recovers a lot of health over 3 seconds and then a 2nd flask that recovers a tiny bit of health over 6.5 seconds BUT gives me 30% Resists for the recovery duration.

Just now while at 20% health, I used the 1st flask and then immediately used the 2nd flask. I gained the 30% Resists right away, even though according to how the queue mechanic was explained I shouldn't have received the effect for the ~3 seconds the first flask was recovering.
This is correct - while queued, you're considered to be getting recovery from that flask. This prevents the case where you use, say, your resistance flask first, then use a second, faster flask, and lose the resistance because the new one caused the old one to be pushed onto a queue.
"
Glowyrm wrote:
This assumes that the order in which flasks are used overrules recovery rate. If that is incorrect then I guess the rest of this doesn't make sense.
Order flasks are used in has no effect on which is actively recovering and which is queued if two are in use at the same time. Always, the one with the faster recovery (that's more life/mana recovered per second, not just the duration) is in progress, and all slower ones are queued until it finishes, regardless of which order they were used in.

"
Glowyrm wrote:
I have a +30% Resistance flask with 3 seconds recovery rate and a plain flask with 6 seconds recovery rate.

I use the 6 second flask first, and then use the 3 second + Resist one a second later.

Do I have +30% Resists for 9 seconds? The actual HEALING is queued up but the effect is ON because I'm considered to be "in recovery"? This sounds OP so I doubt it.
This is currently the case.

"
Glowyrm wrote:
The effect is ON separately from the healing but only lasts for the recovery time stated on the flask, regardless of when the healing portion happens (so the +30 Resists only ever lasts for 3 seconds max no matter what). In other words, the healing queues up but the effect activates right away and lasts 3 seconds (or whatever the recovery rate may be).
There are plans to change to this version, but it's not done yet.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
check if attack will hit
if true, check if crit.

is it like that, devs?
That's the old version.

Now, after determining if it would crit from the attacker's crit chance, it checks evasion again, and on a miss the hit avoids becoming a crit.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
When a physical damage bleed is ticking on me, what is D for the purposes of the reduction equation?

1) one seconds' worth?
2) the whole duration value?

If I start running, and I start bleeding faster, does that lower my %reduction? I often find myself wondering how effective my armour is against these things.
Because damage over time isn't dealt as a discrete amount of damage, the armour physical damage reduction forumla can't apply to it. Physical damage over time is therefore unaffected by armour (but still affected by other forms of physical damge reduction), at least until we find a good solution.
"
Kironide wrote:
If I have necromantic aegis (shield bonus applies to minions) and my shield has +IIQ or +IIR how does this work? Like if I have say 5 minions, and my shield gives 10 iiq, is my iiq effectively 10, or do they all add together for 50? If I kill the monster and not my minions does that only count for 0 iiq?
The IIQ/IIR is on your minions, not you (your kills got get it, but currently neither do theirs. This was not considered when necromantic aegis was introduced, so there's a case there where the minions IIQ/IIR is not applied (yours is). There's a thread about this somewhere, ans I think we'll likely change it at some point.
IIQ/IIR on kill, from the support gems supporting minions, will be added to your static IIQ/IIR.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 19, 2012, 7:28:00 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Zakaluka wrote:
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
For purposes of calculating stun while dual wielding, are Dual Strike and Cleave counted as one hit for the total damage or two hits for roughly half damage?

What about Double Strike?

All of the skills you mentioned make 2 hits, for the purposes of stun it should still be 2 hits.

Actually, Dual Strike hits once with both weapons; you only trigger Life on Hit once, for example. I assume Cleave works similarly but am not sure. Double Strike is two separate hits.
Not quite. Both Dual Strike and Cleave (when dual wielding) calculate damage for each weapon separately, and merge the results, then (assuming both hit) apply it as one hit.
Stun is part of damage calculation, so each weapon's hit will calculate stun separately. Then, if either stunned, the combined hit will stun. If both stun, the maximum of the two stun durations is used.
Malice is correct. Armour and endurance charges are both providing physical damage reduction. Endurance charges don't apply some separate mitigation mechanic that takes place after physical damage reduction.
"
Vold316 wrote:
How does Explosive arrow work exactly? Is the fire damage from explosions spell damage?
No.
If you would convert more than 100% of a damage type to other damages, you only convert 100%. All conversion that doesn't come from skills is scaled until only 100% is being converted. So Lightning Strike or other such skill will convert it's full 50%, and all the other conversion will scale down to fit in the other 50%
All the non-skill conversion is scaled down equally until only 100% total is being converted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info