Until melee is fixed, a lot of people will not comeback.

I don't need any kind of research, playing mostly melee chars.
No one stated melee is unplayable, people claim there are serious issues, as there are. And it's like that for aegis.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Just FYI 2 trees ago left side of the tree (marader\ect) had tons of +max res available to them and those were exploited by other builds and removed.

Are you trying to say melee has had issues for ages? or are you trying to talk about the unique item?

Melee was among the top builds played in open beta, just fyi.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Bullshit. From beginning till end of OB melee was condemned to suck. It was only the ele cleave that was exploited and sometimes phys cleave as an exception. The huge damage these builds could provide, pre-nerf, had nothing to do with the survivability problems melee had, and has. Damage of mobs in OB was ridiculous, melees were played in SC only and only uber geared could shine.
OB was a land of PA (pre-nerf), LA, SA, FP, sporkers, a few cleavers.

Just FYI.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jan 9, 2015, 1:18:23 PM
"
torturo wrote:
Bullshit. From beginning till end of OB melee was condemned to suck. It was only the ele cleave that was exploited and sometimes phys cleave as an exception. The huge damage these builds could provide, pre-nerf, had nothing to do with the survivability problems melee had, and has. Damage of mobs in OB was ridiculous, melees were played in SC only and only uber geared could shine.
OB was a land of PA (pre-nerf), LA, FP, sporkers, a few cleavers.

Just FYI.

So you never saw when 1/2 the town was full of people wearing BoR's? Your profile is set to private so I can't even check anything about you.....

As for surviability melee had the OP BoR, with level 18 gems, great life, 15% block. And they had survivability problems...LOL.

Is ele cleave not melee, cause last time I checked it was.

How can people play FP (a basically melee range spell) and not have the same suriviability issues melee had?

As we can see now the best form of damage mitigation is to kill the things before they damage you (or continue to damage you) how does high dps not help with surviaibility?

FeelsBadMan

My profile is set to private exactly for that reason.
Full BoR towns belong to post off. release. In OB BoR on SC used to cost 2-3 ex, there was no demand. People barely played melee, as it had severe survivability issues. Ranged/casters were kings, same as now, but to a higher extent.

Nothing has changed about melee survivability and the feeling you are squishy while fighting face to face. It even went worse with the block changes, it helped melee a lot.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
My profile is set to private exactly for that reason.

Because you have something to hide afraid of what people think of your top level 75

"
People barely played melee, as it had severe survivability issues. Ranged/casters were kings, same as now, but to a higher extent.

You are out of your mind.

"
Nothing has changed about melee survivability and the feeling you are squishy while fighting face to face. It even went worse with the block changes, it helped melee a lot.

CWDT, more buff nodes to increase immortal call duration, purities if you wish to boost your res more. But yep nothing added for melee surviability. /s

FeelsBadMan

Profile's set to private because of people like you.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jan 9, 2015, 2:04:14 PM
"
torturo wrote:
Profile's set to private because of people like you.

Why not comment on the other points I made?

FeelsBadMan

A lot of people won't come back with melee fixed. Memememe!
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
torturo wrote:
OB was a land of PA (pre-nerf), LA, FP, sporkers, a few cleavers.

Just FYI.

So you never saw when 1/2 the town was full of people wearing BoR's? Your profile is set to private so I can't even check anything about you.....

As for surviability melee had the OP BoR, with level 18 gems, great life, 15% block. And they had survivability problems...LOL.

Is ele cleave not melee, cause last time I checked it was.

How can people play FP (a basically melee range spell) and not have the same suriviability issues melee had?

As we can see now the best form of damage mitigation is to kill the things before they damage you (or continue to damage you) how does high dps not help with surviaibility?

How to count the number of ways high dps melee builds get shit on by GGG:
Plink
Necrovigil
speed aura (they'll get you first)
ranged mobs
smoke mine mobs
flicker mobs
lockboxes (you can skip these, but well...you lose wealth doing so)
every boss in the game, because they require more than 1 hit
etc etc etc

These are almost all things ranged chars just avoid by controlling the range of the encounter, even if it's by offscreen killing

Also, all of the things you are mentioning for helping melee survivability is stuff that ranged characters can, and do, use just to survive occasional straggler hits here and there during regular gameplay. Why you think it's going to make facetanking inevitable hits melee has to face every encounter a better idea, I'm not sure.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 9, 2015, 5:44:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info