Until melee is fixed, a lot of people will not comeback.

I'm ma let you finish but Melee suck ass.

Of all time.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

Of all time.

Can you retype that in English please?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"

Of all time.

Can you retype that in English please?

Oh I'm sorry did I break your concentration?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 13, 2015, 2:51:18 PM
Bahaha just ripped opening a freeze box. Apparently even though the smoke mine is already casting freeze still interrupts it. RIP 9.

Think I'm taking a break from POE. It's absolutely hilarious, 9 melee rips who progressed at a snails pace and out of 8-10 ranged characters or so only one has died to Torr Algoso on a lockbox. Game is a total joke as ranged using just about any skill. I could make a summon raging snoozer or snoozing bond character and sleepwalk through the game it's so boring.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 13, 2015, 8:01:51 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
Bahaha just ripped opening a freeze box. Apparently even though the smoke mine is already casting freeze still interrupts it. RIP 9.

Think I'm taking a break from POE. It's absolutely hilarious, 9 melee rips who progressed at a snails pace and out of 8-10 ranged characters or so only one has died to Torr Algoso on a lockbox. Game is a total joke as ranged using just about any skill. I could make a summon raging snoozer or snoozing bond character and sleepwalk through the game it's so boring.

It is so funny how the content is exactly the same yet you claim you can breeze thru the game in HC with ranged, but severely fail at doing melee.

Do you typically beat your head into the wall and keep doing it until it works?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

It is so funny how the content is exactly the same yet you claim you can breeze thru the game in HC with ranged, but severely fail at doing melee.

Do you typically beat your head into the wall and keep doing it until it works?

Idk what to tell you, I want to play a shadow. Not some bullshit CoC shadow, the real shadow, you know the one who has daggers in the picture and says "all you need is one good stab". What happened to that guy? He probably died back during Invasion, but his voice overs remain. Or like vorici with his two daggers. Idk how he is a master assassin, he's probably the master of RIP. Or maybe he uses spectral throw and CoC.

I also simply want to play HC. SC is not fun to me. I'm not known for giving up, but after 9 tries what is there left to say? It doesn't even have to be a build of my own making, I've played through several iterations of HvC's dagger shadow and some other random reave build I found as well. They just are total shit as characters.

Maybe snorkle can make the class work the way it's supposed to in HC, since he's so l33t at melee. Get to it snorkle.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 13, 2015, 8:47:04 PM
While i agree that melee is a dumpster concept right now the smoke mine fiasco.. was avoidable.

FrEEZING CANNOT be avoided via smoke mine. Flask can unfreeze you and then mine should go off.. but..

Smoke mine is unreliable (desync plus LoS) and can be destroyed by random spell. Leap slam/whirl are at least reliable (without desync). And freezing boxes i reroll anyway as the risk is huge and rewards abysmal.

I still want the 'melee is ok' club tell me what 'layered defences' are there vs SPELLS. So no talk about armor, evasion, end charges etc sweet and cute phys mitigation/attack mitigation.

Melee has to facetank BS spell combos (-max, gmp, arctic breath or -max powerful crit freezepulsers with gmp etc you all know this stuff). Ranged offscreen most of it. How exactly - except for reroling map- melee player can 'handle' it? You cannot use 3 res flasks at the same time, your block with saffaels is not good enough and relying on spell dosge requires serious passive investment and pretty much boils down to one build (ranger) that is much better as a bowman than melee anyway.. or should we all play max block/spell block snails?

Or just admit that this area is melee's greatest weakness and roll a ST dagger and have fun and safe experience
It really seems like GGG shot themselves in the foot with melee when they designed the game the way they did. As people keep pointing out buffing melee without buffing ranged is pretty tricky. I still think they could do it somehow but dang the game is so far along now it almost feels like why bother. Ranged will most likely always be the faster easier play style while melee is the slower more dangerous route.

After making a tanky legacy Aegis build that I still find inferior(and a bit boring) to ranged I don't think I can make any more. Probably just stick to casters now.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jan 14, 2015, 3:45:23 AM
"
LSN wrote:

It is quite easy:

aoe gems like LMP, GMP, Chain (and few others) need crit chance, crit multiplier or accuracy penalties on top of the flat damage penalty.

The solution is to alter the ranged chars and not to try bringing melee on the same level. Ranged chars are by nature hopelessly overpowered. They should work more like snipers instead of screenwide aoe. Therefore heavy aoe (with the above named gems) must be penalized more. They got to choose then if they want more aoe or more damage. Right now it is a bad joke: 2-3 shots screen clear, move on and repeat. I don't play such no brainer games, lol.

Sad to say I completely agree. Of course I don't believe the devs could ever nerf ranged to this extent but again this is how they shot themselves in the foot with the game design. They made melee very hard to buff AND they made ranged so crazy OP that the gap between the two will never be crossed.

Standard Forever
I am playing a duelist 2 hand no crit build and it works fine up to 75 maps. I have never had a 76+ yet so cant check him , but the way he sails through 75's I don't see it being a problem.

Yes he clears a little slow, but I play him for the fun, not the efficiency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info