PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

Unique items that could use some love

"
Grughal wrote:
"
RogueMage wrote:

By your definition, Essentia Sanguis is perfectly viable as leveling gear for a max-block dual-wield build. With +20% to block chance, it's easy to get max block before taking on Merc Piety and Dominus. Problem is, you can't equip them till level-64, and their damage is too low to take you very far into maps. Reduce the level requirement to around 50 and they'd be fine.

Not sure I understand. So you're saying it could be viable but it is not? Also, it's rocking only 10% block chance when dualwielding, and if you're saying 20% would be plain op just look at Ungil's Gauche.

When you dual-wield a pair of Sanguis, you get +20% Block Chance, which combined with the 15% dual-wield block is as good as a shield. Unlike Ungil's, which has too little damage to make it past Merc Vaal, dual Sanguis are viable all the way through Merc and low-level maps. It's just tedious to have to wait till level-64 to equip them.

"
Grughal wrote:
"
RogueMage wrote:

That's what I upgraded my Essentia Sanguis to. However, I didn't use a pair of Dyadus, I used this mace in my off-hand:

The point of this dual-wield combo is to reap Dyadus' +25% Chance to Ignite and 40% Increased Burn Damage mods, but avoid getting gimped by its mediocre physical damage and attack speed. Doryani's fills in those gaps and also adds 90% Increased Elemental Damage and 1% Elemental Life Leech.

The net result is 12.5K Dual Strike tooltip DPS at 7 APS. Molten Strike also does 5K tooltip DPS (not counting the projectiles and burn damage), and has a decent balance of fire damage between the two weapons: 1350-1800 Dyadus and 1300-2300 Doryani's. This is plenty of damage for soloing mid-level maps.

That said, Dyadus could really use a hefty dose of physical damage.

You quoted someone else than me but put it as if I said it?

I don't consider Dyadus unviable but it's not as powerful as it should be either. Bear in mind that in your examples, you're coupling it with a level 75 Atziri unique and even then it's still pretty meh.

Sorry, mistook sidtherat's quote for yours, went back and fixed my post.

While Doryani's is an Atziri Unique, it's readily available for a handful of Exalts. What's more significant is how well it synergizes with Dyadus and Molten Strike, as well as Dual Strike.
Last edited by RogueMage on Nov 23, 2014, 8:07:37 PM
"
RogueMage wrote:

When you dual-wield a pair of Sanguis, you get +20% Block Chance, which combined with the 15% dual-wield block is as good as a shield. Unlike Ungil's, which has too little damage to make it past Merc Vaal, dual Sanguis are viable all the way through Merc and low-level maps. It's just tedious to have to wait till level-64 to equip them.

Ah, sure. Got it! However, I don't think it has enough damage to be used in both hands. The utility put into it (Ghost Reaver) also suggests that you'd want to use only one of these at a time since you can't doubledip in it.

We seem to agree that in its current form it's unviable, though.

"
RogueMage wrote:

Sorry, mistook sidtherat's quote for yours, went back and fixed my post.

While Doryani's is an Atziri Unique, it's readily available for a handful of Exalts. What's more significant is how well it synergizes with Dyadus and Molten Strike, as well as Dual Strike.

Only in standard, and uniques can't be balanced around this fact. Anyway, the dual strike igniter seemed to be the original purpose of Dyadus so it is relieving it still works that way. I'd argue Molten Strike is way better with just a Catalyst + shield or with some faster elemental foil.

I mentioned before that Dyadus still somewhat works but given its item level requirement (69) and rarity (I believe it was stated it's just below Kaom's Heart) it should be a bit stronger.
Last edited by Grughal on Nov 23, 2014, 8:16:08 PM
guys.. Dyadus is a 'theoretical' item

Build you talk about - molten strike + Dyadus == Burn is a complete failure

you do burn with BIG hits. you cannot get one with weak non-crit 1-h using a skill that dillutes the damage over several parts. sure, comboing Dyadus with Catalyst makes up for that a little, but the end result is lots of very small (insignificant) burns everywhere. these make mobs run away and the effectiveness of this setup in general is below what one can achieve with anything else

it might work but.. it might just as good without Dyadus

what Dyadus did well was Detonate Dead prolif. DD does not need 'spell damage' (as it scales with fire only) so Dyadus is quite good with Catalyst (BiS item.. people deny but this is BiS for soooo many builds) in the main hand for that 25% chance to ignite

but i doubt if creator or ggg planned Dyadus to be a spellcaster weapon..
"
sidtherat wrote:

you do burn with BIG hits. you cannot get one with weak non-crit 1-h using a skill that dillutes the damage over several parts. sure, comboing Dyadus with Catalyst makes up for that a little, but the end result is lots of very small (insignificant) burns everywhere. these make mobs run away and the effectiveness of this setup in general is below what one can achieve with anything else

it might work but.. it might just as good without Dyadus

what Dyadus did well was Detonate Dead prolif. DD does not need 'spell damage' (as it scales with fire only) so Dyadus is quite good with Catalyst (BiS item.. people deny but this is BiS for soooo many builds) in the main hand for that 25% chance to ignite

but i doubt if creator or ggg planned Dyadus to be a spellcaster weapon..

Totally agree with Molten Strike. ( "I'd argue Molten Strike is way better with just a Catalyst + shield or with some faster elemental foil." is what I said )

Yeah, burn with big hits, hence Dual Strike somewhat works. Notice the word somewhat. It's not good but it works. And it wouldn't work without Dyadus really since then you'd have to use Chance to Ignite significantly reducing the damage or prolif.

To sum it up, it's not good, but it can be made to work, but unacceptable performance for its level requirement (highest level requirement for one-handers with the exception of Catalyst?) and rarity. Deserves a spot in (dis)honourable mentions -section.

Btw, you were right about that Darkscorn. :P
the only decent use of dyadus I remember...was when burning miscreation spectres were OP and summoners used arctic breath to chill, increasing already crazy damage
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
that is exactly why oros is crap.

and since oros crit rate is garbage and its aps is garbage and its effects are mono element it has almost no good scaling options.

its a limited unique that was dead on arrival.

Obviously Oro's crit rate is poop hence why I went RT route, and since I have high % chance to ignite by default with Oro + Mokou, the need of crit is not there. AS is kinda slow, but generating those frenzy charges from igniting does somewhat improve my AS. Besides, if Oro's Sacrifice was crap, I would not be able to map with it. :D

I think we are in agreement that they are better ele swords out there that easily trumps this sword by a VERY long shot, but this topic is about whether it is viable or not. Oro's Sacrifice is viable to my standard. I still say it needs improvement to make my life a bit easier.

hence why i said crap, not (its not viable) lotta viable things out there , the problem with that is that viable is a generally missleading word, oros is viable in that i can craft a level 85 build that does decent damage and decent survivability with good gear , but it wont hold a candle to many builds that are several times stronger and cheaper to build around.

which in the case of oros is rare , admittedly ,because oros itself is dirt cheap.

im actually going to build a discharge build off of oros with 7- 8 frenzy + 5 endurance an optional 4 power charges and just detonate a 5l searing touch discharge whenever i feel like it on an off hand . should be comical but it wont ever work in group play.

most of those ability on monster kill stats are flat out broken unless you are the one doing the lion's share of the dps in a party. and saddly a requirement for that is that you have crit and a fast way to deliver siad crit to your enemies.
"
sidtherat wrote:

So much for forum-based theorycrafting. If you haven't actually built it yourself, you're just blustering, and there's more to a build than BIG HITS buddy. In this case, Molten Strike is merely a meat tenderizer for Dom Blow.
Last edited by RogueMage on Nov 25, 2014, 12:11:46 AM
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

So much for forum-based theorycrafting. If you haven't actually built it yourself, you're just blustering, and there's more to a build than BIG HITS buddy. In this case, Molten Strike is merely a meat tenderizer for Dom Blow.

up to this post this was a constructive discussion. what is the point you are trying to make?

noone mentioned Dominating Blow before so maybe disclose the build in full if there is more to it than pure DS+chance to ignite from Dyadus
"
sidtherat wrote:
up to this post this was a constructive discussion. what is the point you are trying to make?

Bullshit, you were just blustering about how Dyadus is useless because BIG HITS, CRIT UBER ALLES, the typical DPS RULEZ mentality. It's a Unique, not a Loath Bane, the point is what kind of builds it can enable and how far you can take them.
Last edited by RogueMage on Nov 25, 2014, 1:17:09 AM
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

Bullshit, you were just blustering about how Dyadus is useless because BIG HITS, CRIT UBER ALLES, the typical DPS RULEZ mentality. It's a Unique, not a Loath Bane, the point is what kind of builds it can enable and how far you can take them.

i think i do not get the joke...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info