Unique items that could use some love

my 'vl 53 bow build' in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcFWY0vYd2U
note: this build still has an amulet and gloves to upgrade as both lack good +dmg affixes

i consider this quite good clear speed and effectiveness/safety (notice vaal burning arrow volley straight into a reflect pack)

can Oro's do stuff like this (or comparable - i understand the ranged/melee disparity this game creates - but still)? i cannot stress this enough: Oro's is in theory THE BEST 2h unique sword out there. lvl 67 required to even start using it. and it already struggles..

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

Hell, there are some items I use item that can be used by act 1 normal, and it is doing an incredible job in end-game.

FFS, this is too OP for an item of that level. I know this is not a weapon, but this and Facebreaker are good example of "what the hell are they doing in end-game maps?"

This is something different.

You're not "using" Lazhwar at Lvl 5.
It's pretty useless then.

You are usuing it at lvl 60+, when you have put all those skillpoints in block nodes. And when spells actually start to hurt.
So it may as well have level requirement 60+.

It is an endgame item because this 50% spellblock line is so super powerful... in endgame.
Even if I had a lot of block in A1N, the fuck do I need it for?

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Nov 22, 2014, 4:36:26 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:

That's not "hate".
It's pity.

Got it.

"
Peterlerock wrote:

Drop the drawback.
Increase the fire damage.
Increase the attack speed.

I'd probably still not use it.

The idea of an allout fire twohander is useless. You can do allout fire with whatever weapon you want (molten/infernal + avatar/uniques with conversion).
Make it cold damage. Then it's at least "unique". Still not good, but "unique"

And if you make it an allout elemental weapon, give it possibilities to be built around.
There's no point in its DpS if i need Blood Magic+Life Leech gem to sustain my attacks.

Think it "deserves" something more than just bit more attack speed and damage.
How about "If you kill an ignited enemy, they explode and deal X-Y AoE fire damage to enemies near them." So basically it would offer you a Herald of Ice which scales with fire damage.

EDIT: could even offer this "buff" only when full on frenzy charges to make it more swag.

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
I blame the base item system. Only certain base item drops in end-game, and Infernal Sword so happens to be an end-game base 2H base sword. I do not why GGG chose it for this base item.

Maybe they chose it because it was intended to be an endgame sword. Infernal sword also fits the theme by name.
Last edited by Grughal on Nov 22, 2014, 4:35:24 PM
"
iHaku wrote:
whatcha sayin' bout blackgleam? o.ô
you can use it with 3dragons to shock without a lightning skill, and even add a vaal'd "16% of phy damage converted into lightning" mod.

im using blackgleam 50% for my lowlevel facebreaker leveling too. its really awesome for that.

I'm saying it's viable (by the definiton I set on op) but it makes no sense to roll for the conversion. Should be flat 50%.
Last edited by Grughal on Nov 22, 2014, 4:36:59 PM
"
Grughal wrote:

How about "If you kill an ignited enemy, they explode and deal X-Y AoE fire damage to enemies near them." So basically it would offer you a Herald of Ice which scales with fire damage.

EDIT: could even offer this "buff" only when full on frenzy charges to make it more swag.

Oro's main problem is the mana/life sustain. Weapon without physical component cannot use leech from the tree/items. The only way to leech life is to use one of: life leech gem or Atziri's belt. link eats one slot, belt gives 1% leech only. for a melee 1% life leech is.. suicide. with mana it is even worse.

so people are forced for BM + life leech, thus cutting HEAVILY into damage that is already poor to begin with.

and before any other changes are made - these drawbacks MUST go! 20% more damage taken would make Shavs look A LOT less tempting. and they gave it to this piece of rusted junk?..
"
Grughal wrote:

So how about I use this sword...

...scale it naturally with physical DpS/attack speed Sword nodes, use Infernal Blow and Avatar of Fire?

Same result, but twice the DpS.
...and not limited to being "full on Frenzy Charges".
...and don't take increased physical/fire damage.

Last edited by Peterlerock on Nov 22, 2014, 4:40:48 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:

...scale it naturally with physical DpS/attack speed Sword nodes, use Infernal Blow and Avatar of Fire?

Same result, but twice the DpS.
...and not limited to being "full on Frenzy Charges".

Sure, but it's a very good rolled rare which should be better than unique anyway. Also, it wouldn't offer the frenzy charges for Flickering and you'd still have to reserve mana for the Herald.

So it would be worse than rare, but still pretty good (maybe) while having something unique? Isn't this GGG's definition of a unique item.

EDIT :

"
sidtherat wrote:
Oro's main problem is the mana/life sustain. Weapon without physical component cannot use leech from the tree/items. The only way to leech life is to use one of: life leech gem or Atziri's belt. link eats one slot, belt gives 1% leech only. for a melee 1% life leech is.. suicide. with mana it is even worse.

so people are forced for BM + life leech, thus cutting HEAVILY into damage that is already poor to begin with.

and before any other changes are made - these drawbacks MUST go! 20% more damage taken would make Shavs look A LOT less tempting. and they gave it to this piece of rusted junk?..

Spec into mana regen, run AA alongside with it. But I agree that it being elemental-only is a downside to begin with. Another one would be that it is 2H. So the added downsides are just too much and this is what we have all agreed with.

It needs some rework, that's for sure.
Last edited by Grughal on Nov 22, 2014, 4:48:51 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
my 'vl 53 bow build' in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcFWY0vYd2U
note: this build still has an amulet and gloves to upgrade as both lack good +dmg affixes

i consider this quite good clear speed and effectiveness/safety (notice vaal burning arrow volley straight into a reflect pack)

can Oro's do stuff like this (or comparable - i understand the ranged/melee disparity this game creates - but still)? i cannot stress this enough: Oro's is in theory THE BEST 2h unique sword out there. lvl 67 required to even start using it. and it already struggles..

Crit + Always Pierce + Can chain (LA) + proliferate the effect of Ash & Ice = It will work

I actually use Herald of Ash + ele proliferation to deal burning damage outside of my melee range.

"
Peterlerock wrote:

This is something different.

You're not "using" Lazhwar at Lvl 5.
It's pretty useless then.

You are usuing it at lvl 60+, when you have put all those skillpoints in block nodes. And when spells actually start to hurt.
So it may as well have level requirement 60+.

It is an endgame item because this 50% spellblock line is so super powerful... in endgame.
Even if I had a lot of block in A1N, the fuck do I need it for?

The value of that amulet is not recongizable until end-game, but yet it is already accessible before you even the first cavern of the game. lol

"
Grughal wrote:
Maybe they chose it because it was intended to be an endgame sword. Infernal sword also fits the theme by name.

I was going to say that, but I held it back because I was not sure this would be on-topic or not.

"
sidtherat wrote:

Not if you go BMK, then BM gem is tossed aside.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Nov 22, 2014, 4:45:29 PM
"

Bolded the important part.

Oro's Sacrifice has horrible scaling.
You gotta pick weird nodes, skip super-sexy notables (because they don't help), skip super damage multiplier gems, ignore natural scaling of gems (almost all of them scale of physical DpS), and so you end up with more than sub-par damage output.

...on a pretty rare highlevel DpS unique.

That thing is not "build-enabling", it is "cripple a build until only Oro's may do some damage".
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"

Bolded the important part.

Oro's Sacrifice has horrible scaling.
You gotta pick weird nodes, skip super-sexy notables (because they don't help), skip super damage multiplier gems, ignore natural scaling of gems (almost all of them scale of physical DpS), and so you end up with more than sub-par damage output.

...on a pretty rare highlevel DpS unique.

That thing is not "build-enabling", it is "cripple a build until only Oro's may do some damage".

Could also use treatment such as

Would scale off physical too but do 100% fire.

But yeah, as I said previously. Oro's needs some reworking, there could be many ways.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info