Unique items that could use some love

"
Grughal wrote:

Any thoughts on this, everyone?

Personally I think it's not viable. Not a leveling shield as we already have Perandus and even Titucus Span. It has a weird role of being like a curse shield, but with current state of curses, it's not going to do anything significant, nothing you would notice in gameplay. It also has a block theme going on with the chance to flee on block and really good block chance.

It should definately offer +1 curses or an affix that makes curses in its sockets to "pierce" the cannot be cursed affix on rares.

this shield is an effect of 'trying too hard to be creative'. it is garbage and even vendors cheaply. the 'flee on block' is a pathetic mod noone cares about, curse duration - the same. in general curses were ruined with Herald of Thunder..

the biggest lol is the lvl29 requirement. if it was <28 then the LLPVP might save it

The only good thing about this is 20% ignite.

It's much more efficient to scale physical damage (via passives, gems, gear) and THEN convert it all to fire damage, if so desired. The tools are there, there's plenty of possibilities to do allout fire damage, so there's no reason for this weapon to exist.

It is also a twohander without crit, and you have to build life and mana sustain in an awkward way to work with this.

The drawback is just a cherry on top, this item is just bad.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Nov 22, 2014, 11:50:25 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:

The only good thing about this is 20% ignite.

It's much more efficient to scale physical damage (via passives, gems, gear) and THEN convert it all to fire damage, if so desired. The tools are there, there's plenty of possibilities to do allout fire damage, so there's no reason for this weapon to exist.

It is also a twohander without crit, and you have to build life and mana sustain in an awkward way to work with this.

The drawback is just a cherry on top, this item is just bad.

More hate for poor Oro's Sacrifice. Sure, it's bad. But it doesn't fit the desciption of not-viable (in this thread). Sure it's not viable for the ultimate endgame but then you could throw 95% of uniques there.
well, Grughal.. the hate towards Oro's is because it IS an end game weapon. sure, 95% uniques cannot be used in ultimate endgame (well.. i doubt this number, but lets stick by it). but most of these 95% are NOT endgame uniques. Oro's IS an endgame unique. The level, the 'pretense', the painted picutre (prolif burn - prolif burn makes sense only with BIG hits)

this is the highest level sword ffs!

and it is barely acceptable to do entry level maps WHEN completely built around it

why this sucks?

take this:

this is a lvl 53 bow.

i can clear ANY map (except -max + ele reflect.. learned that the hard way). i can alch and go any <75 map. i build around it, it works perfectly, it is unique without being uber.

Oro's.. is a sad joke
You are comparing a range weapon to a 2H weapon...........

There is no competition there. In a lot of cases, Range > melee, especially 2h melee.

Edit: I know Oro's Sacrifice suffers a lot because it is an end-game unique item. I know it can still be improved.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Nov 22, 2014, 4:15:09 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
well, Grughal.. the hate towards Oro's is because it IS an end game weapon. sure, 95% uniques cannot be used in ultimate endgame (well.. i doubt this number, but lets stick by it). but most of these 95% are NOT endgame uniques. Oro's IS an endgame unique. The level, the 'pretense', the painted picutre (prolif burn - prolif burn makes sense only with BIG hits)

this is the highest level sword ffs!

and it is barely acceptable to do entry level maps WHEN completely built around it

why this sucks?

take this:

this is a lvl 53 bow.

i can clear ANY map (except -max + ele reflect.. learned that the hard way). i can alch and go any <75 map. i build around it, it works perfectly, it is unique without being uber.

Oro's.. is a sad joke

Sure, makes sense. Can't think of any other level 65+ item req that can't be built around effectively.

I love Infractem too with the recent buff to bows and the implicit it recieved.

Had a hard time choosing whether to go Split or LA but I went split.

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
You are comparing a range weapon to a 2H weapon...........

There is no competition there. In a lot of cases, Range > melee, especially 2h melee.

Wasn't his point to compare them that way, I think. The point was that level 53 quite common item can destroy maps when built around it while a level 67 semi rare item can't even when built around.
it does not matter if it is ranged or not. it is 'an item'. lvl 53. it does what it is designed for adequately for its level and good when build around (full commitment).

Oro's is another item that fails for its level and barely makes when fully commited.

i remind you - this is a highest level unique sword and second highest melee weapon except for Catalyst. and it is a complete garbage for it. this kind of effectivenes would be acceptable from lvl 50 weapon.

it barely can handle content of its 'required' level! lvl 68 map and it already clears.. slowly. when fully built around

if anything this is 'unviable' as - noone sane would use it (unless for a joke or 'challenge')

"
Grughal wrote:

More hate for poor Oro's Sacrifice. Sure, it's bad. But it doesn't fit the desciption of not-viable (in this thread). Sure it's not viable for the ultimate endgame but then you could throw 95% of uniques there.

That's not "hate".
It's pity.

Drop the drawback.
Increase the fire damage.
Increase the attack speed.

I'd probably still not use it.

The idea of an allout fire twohander is useless. You can do allout fire with whatever weapon you want (molten/infernal + avatar/uniques with conversion).
Make it cold damage. Then it's at least "unique". Still not good, but "unique"

And if you make it an allout elemental weapon, give it possibilities to be built around.
There's no point in its DpS if i need Blood Magic+Life Leech gem to sustain my attacks.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Nov 22, 2014, 4:25:13 PM
whatcha sayin' bout blackgleam? o.ô
you can use it with 3dragons to shock without a lightning skill, and even add a vaal'd "16% of phy damage converted into lightning" mod.

im using blackgleam 50% for my lowlevel facebreaker leveling too. its really awesome for that.
"
Grughal wrote:

Wasn't his point to compare them that way, I think. The point was that level 53 quite common item can destroy maps when built around it while a level 67 semi rare item can't even when built around.

I blame the base item system. Only certain base item drops in end-game, and Infernal Sword so happens to be an end-game base 2H base sword. I do not why GGG chose it for this base item.

Hell, there are some items I use item that can be used by act 1 normal, and it is doing an incredible job in end-game.

FFS, this is too OP for an item of that level. I know this is not a weapon, but this and Facebreaker are good example of "what the hell are they doing in end-game maps?"

"
sidtherat wrote:
it does not matter if it is ranged or not. it is 'an item'. lvl 53. it does what it is designed for adequately for its level and good when build around (full commitment).

Oro's is another item that fails for its level and barely makes when fully commited.

i remind you - this is a highest level unique sword and second highest melee weapon except for Catalyst. and it is a complete garbage for it. this kind of effectivenes would be acceptable from lvl 50 weapon.

it barely can handle content of its 'required' level! lvl 68 map and it already clears.. slowly. when fully built around

if anything this is 'unviable' as - noone sane would use it (unless for a joke or 'challenge')

I can do lvl 70-71 maps with that weapon to a good extent, and I only die once in a while. I only have to worry, if I average more than two deaths per map. If I can do almost anything in end-game maps, at that point the weapon is beyond viable, it is already at optimized level. And again, blame GGG for how their approach unique with the base item system.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info