So GGG doesn't give a hoot about botters & cheaters

Most people that spend real money want to earn it too. They need stadh tabs for that and packs are pretty damn good value for money if you know how to buy tabs smart. Also the supporter title acst like a shield
Amount of drama for a simple computer game....

/omg

People thinking computer games can be cheat free...

/facepalm
"
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
And people that spend on MTX bacause of caring for the game, DONT support the "other" side.

Is this really that hard to accept? I'd wager the only people who don't understand the above aren't big supporters themselves, because I'm sure they feel their money would be better spent on the "other" side.

I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, and probably closer to the mid-range supporter tier (so Silver/Warrior/Master) you'd find more people who have supported but still don't feel obliged to accord to the basic ethos of the 'free to play, zero pay to win' approach. But overall, and I think I'm in a position to state this with some confidence, I believe that most supporters of PoE and GGG choose to put their money towards the game because of its ostensible fairness. After all, every cent put towards GGG is a cent not put towards the "other" side.

GGG can sell shavs and crown of eyes for 1000 dollars apiece and have them bind on account.

Then use the money to fund PoE 2 (better engine and they can rework the game from the ground up) so everyone can cry that their gear is pointless.
But yeah, GGG have a problem when 20% of the player base is so autistic, spamming instances like crazy to burn through any content as fast as possible.

When people act/play like bots, it becomes hard to detect the real bots.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
And people that spend on MTX bacause of caring for the game, DONT support the "other" side.

Is this really that hard to accept? I'd wager the only people who don't understand the above aren't big supporters themselves, because I'm sure they feel their money would be better spent on the "other" side.

I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, and probably closer to the mid-range supporter tier (so Silver/Warrior/Master) you'd find more people who have supported but still don't feel obliged to accord to the basic ethos of the 'free to play, zero pay to win' approach. But overall, and I think I'm in a position to state this with some confidence, I believe that most supporters of PoE and GGG choose to put their money towards the game because of its ostensible fairness. After all, every cent put towards GGG is a cent not put towards the "other" side.

After reading this, I started to wonder if there is some guy in existence, who farms currency with bots, sells them for $$$ and then spends all that $$$ on GGGs MTXs... That could be, errrr, weird-cool in a very wrong way.

"
GGG can sell shavs and crown of eyes for 1000 dollars apiece and have them bind on account.

[Removed by Support] foreal?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Oct 15, 2014, 9:32:47 AM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

and people would not QQ when losing their 'legitimately' earned/bought expensive stuff by rip from HC? Its DUMB to pay for imaginary, virtual items; even more if they are not 'permanent' (as with the risk of dying in hc) and even further more if done without legitimation but not much less with it.

"
Then use the money to fund PoE 2 so everyone can cry that their gear is pointless.

a) from the philosophy behind the develoment of POE, I dont expect that happen in near future. They still have further goals with the game, and IMHO are still within a learning curve. I'd prefer to bring this (close) to an "end" before starting something new and make the next iterations of mistakes.
b) if we really could pay GGG for useful things (items) in POE (beside stash tabs), then WHY PLAY? If it would 'work' to fund a sequel, HOW should these's finance model look? If its the same crap: WHY play THIS then?
c) As long as POE(1) servers are running, the dedicated can and will play. And there must be a HUGE improvement (especially maybe engine efficiency) happen to switch up...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Phrazz wrote:
When people act/play like bots, it becomes hard to detect the real bots.

When people break everything down on efficiency, they not only act as bots, they BECOME bots. Botting is not less or much as straight efficcieny.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I would like to add my 2 cents in here even though I work in pound sterling.

Personally who gives a shit about what other people do UNLESS you are of those types of people who cares how far others are getting in the game you love to play.

I have never EVER in any walk of life measured my happiness or success by comparing myself to others. For this is a self destructive frame of mind. Sure if we lived in a meritocracy yes, by all means, but we don't and never will.

Onto the reality as for some reason people seem to be seriously lacking in its realisation. GGG are the bar that the remainder of the industry has to follow when it comes to community interaction and implementation. Not only that but also product support and optimisation. Needless to say that the only form of income they have is in no way shape or form impacting the game itself, they have no financial motive to constantly better the build/engine of the game but they do.

Not only that but they are good peeps! Not some faceless out of touch reality corporate robot parrots that rely on hype and marketing to con the general population into spending countless amounts of money on empty promises.

So for all intense and purposes, whenever you peeps start soiling yourselves and start ranting at GGG saying they don't care (showing them ultimate disrespect) about their baby (poe), please just realise one thing....

You are being a parrot....... and when you die everyone will say your just sleeping (monty python ref).

GG GGG!

Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.
Considering that people duped, ran maphacks and botted Diablo 2 for well over a decade and it was so common place that absolutely no one gave any shit whatsoever. What I don't get, is why the Path of Exile community cares THIS much about it? Bots, Dupes, Hacks and Paid Currency Websites have been around and will continue to be around until we all revert back to tabletop games or Dungeons and Dragons. I've never seen a community so vocal about the aforementioned at all in my 20 years of being internet active. Especially since this is one of the VERY few ARPG games I've played where the development team boasts "Free to play, we will NEVER charge you a dime. Will NEVER be Pay-2-Win!" Yet, we have paid stash tabs to fill with items to hoard for currency/orb recipes because with only 4 basic tabs there's just no space to save. I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen Streamers who've paid GGG for their 50+ stash tabs riddled with bodyarmours, boots, helmets etc exclusively for orb recipes randomly pick up an amulet or ring to finish off a Chaos Recipe get anywhere between 1-10 per stream session. This is one finicky community.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

and people would not QQ when losing their 'legitimately' earned/bought expensive stuff by rip from HC? Its DUMB to pay for imaginary, virtual items; even more if they are not 'permanent' (as with the risk of dying in hc) and even further more if done without legitimation but not much less with it.

"
Then use the money to fund PoE 2 so everyone can cry that their gear is pointless.

a) from the philosophy behind the develoment of POE, I dont expect that happen in near future. They still have further goals with the game, and IMHO are still within a learning curve. I'd prefer to bring this (close) to an "end" before starting something new and make the next iterations of mistakes.
b) if we really could pay GGG for useful things (items) in POE (beside stash tabs), then WHY PLAY? If it would 'work' to fund a sequel, HOW should these's finance model look? If its the same crap: WHY play THIS then?
c) As long as POE(1) servers are running, the dedicated can and will play. And there must be a HUGE improvement (especially maybe engine efficiency) happen to switch up...

Not sure how serious people are taking me on theses forums.

Also people will RMT trade hc regardless even if they lose their items, shutting out botters and RMT by having your own in game pay2win but binds on the person account is more effective then you think.

Also they'll have to sell thousands of copies of shavs and eyes to get anywhere, literally no idea why people are taking this serious still.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info