So GGG doesn't give a hoot about botters & cheaters

"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Someday... someday... someday soon... we'll have biometrics to a point where we'll have to actually prove which human being we are in order to play a game. Until then, there's going to be cheaters.

Even then, people will find a way to cheat the system.

Funny I was going to post something similar.
there was a time last year that i want to buy something, and added him, i noticed that he farms a certain instance, logs out then login again to farm the same instance over and over again

i reported him cause thats very suspicious, i little part of me regretted that cause im not sure if he really is botting or not,

now fast forward to this time, and i noticed the same pattern with my guildmates, they admitted to me that they are using bot(but not directly)

i immediately searched for that account and guess what: he wasnt banned at ALL

Last edited by internetTOUGHGUY123 on Oct 16, 2014, 11:36:16 PM
"
LeHeup80 wrote:
I would like to add my 2 cents in here even though I work in pound sterling.

Personally who gives a shit about what other people do UNLESS you are of those types of people who cares how far others are getting in the game you love to play.

I have never EVER in any walk of life measured my happiness or success by comparing myself to others. For this is a self destructive frame of mind. Sure if we lived in a meritocracy yes, by all means, but we don't and never will.

1) Market game to hardcore competitive crowd

2) Whine when all the players arent solo self found casuals

3) ????

4) Profit
"just for try, for see and for know"
DOing bot's and cheat's are bunch of pussies and noobs :D
"
LeHeup80 wrote:
I would like to add my 2 cents in here even though I work in pound sterling.

Personally who gives a shit about what other people do UNLESS you are of those types of people who cares how far others are getting in the game you love to play.

I have never EVER in any walk of life measured my happiness or success by comparing myself to others. For this is a self destructive frame of mind. Sure if we lived in a meritocracy yes, by all means, but we don't and never will.

Onto the reality as for some reason people seem to be seriously lacking in its realisation. GGG are the bar that the remainder of the industry has to follow when it comes to community interaction and implementation. Not only that but also product support and optimisation. Needless to say that the only form of income they have is in no way shape or form impacting the game itself, they have no financial motive to constantly better the build/engine of the game but they do.

Not only that but they are good peeps! Not some faceless out of touch reality corporate robot parrots that rely on hype and marketing to con the general population into spending countless amounts of money on empty promises.

So for all intense and purposes, whenever you peeps start soiling yourselves and start ranting at GGG saying they don't care (showing them ultimate disrespect) about their baby (poe), please just realise one thing....

You are being a parrot....... and when you die everyone will say your just sleeping (monty python ref).

GG GGG!

Problem is with a market where ppl are generating 50-100EX a day, like OP states, it causes hyperinflation on items you are farming legit currency for a shot at. So while may think you are immune to the effects you are not if you trade. Self found? Ignore what I said.

There is also competition on ladders. These guys take it seriously and should not have their "sport" sullied by cheaters mining.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 18, 2014, 5:16:42 AM
Itss damn sad this thread wasnt solved in the first few posts. GGG doesnt tell you about thier ownage because if they did, you could fight it.

[Removed by Support]
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by Stewart_GGG on Oct 18, 2014, 2:47:25 PM
Honestly, i dont give a damn about botters...

farmBot are what made diablo2's gearing accecable for everybody

Botter's would even have a better effect on POE since the bots would pick up the good uniques and the currency

lowering the currency value (cost less so people tend more to use them for what they were meant to, crafting)

lowering High uniques value ( more build variety for just not 0,01% of the players)

increasing the value of mid/low uniques( the crap unique you keep getting in masses finally would worth a bit more)
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Maybe GGG should start implementing some basic defenses on top of banning like $20 per account. That will make people happy. Am I right? Who is with me?

Hahahaaha. Whines that form into unintended consequences always make me laugh.
"

You are not farming your ass off if you make 10c in two days

its NOT the amount that counts,

its the fact that im doing a huge effort to obtain orbs, while they afk and obtain orbs doing next to nothing

First, I would never (and i mean never, ever) publicly state what I was doing about botting/rmt apart from a policy type statement. This appears to be where GGG is at, and is a far cry from "So GGG doesn't give a hoot about botters & cheaters"

Second what I would do about them is "fuck with them". droprates, item affixes, item types, dc's and other stuff that makes their efforts increasingly inefficient.
banning is a total waste of time.

On a slightly different note, since the second instance of the game is to facilitate muling i would have some code that would not allow both instances to be outside of town/hideout at the same time, making multiboxing more annoying than it already is.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info