So GGG doesn't give a hoot about botters & cheaters

Hey guys,

We understand that this topic naturally creates a lot of passionate debate among the community, however please adhere to our Forum Guidelines when posting. Antagonising other users doesn't help the issue or serve your argument well.

To address the OP's concerns - I assure you that we thoroughly investigate each report that is made to us. We gather as much evidence as we can about an account to support these claims, however, if we don't have solid evidence of an event we can't take action against the account.

We are also unable to release information about other player's accounts or provide information that would allow players to subvert detection. This means you won't be able to know the result of the report you've made or why we've come to whichever conclusion has been made.

As most of you know, this is something we take very seriously, in regards to offenders and non offenders alike. We do work vigilantly to prevent these offences and catch those who are undermining gameplay. However, the vast majority of this action is taken quietly and without much hoopla.

To the OP - If you've already contacted support with this information then this will be being looked into. However, I will pass this information to the appropriate people to ensure that it's looked at.

If I can help anyone with anything, please don't hesitate to contact me.

"
Boem wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We do work vigilantly to prevent these offences and catch those who undermining gameplay. However, the vast majority of this action is taken quietly and without much hoopla.

Nice catch. Fixed!
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:
On reddit, Chris said they will take care of the dropbox detection program.

[–]chris_wilsonLead Developer 60 points 12 days ago*

How does someone with a tool like that find the strongboxes without running around the level? The tool can't magically know information that the client hasn't been sent.

(Edit: context-wise, this reply is mostly to other posts that *edited* has made, in case you're wondering what tool I'm referring to)

Edit2: Right, I see how. It looks like that's already scheduled to get fixed. I'll raise the priority.

Seriously? Chris actually said this???

UNBELIEVAFUCKAble.

Doesn't even know how his OWN game WORKS?
WHY???

Are members of his coding team cheating????

Chris does know how the game works - that's why he said what he did. He was responding to people who at least seemed to think the hack could tell people where in the map these things were, and Chris correctly pointed out that that data isn't sent top the client when loading - the position and existence of things in the map are only serialised when you get close enough to them that they matter, and hacks like this cannot tell you about their location before then.
He then adjusted his comment after being addressed by people who did understand that it only told them that the assets were preloaded, which indicated they were in the map, but not where they were, and mentioned a potential future fix for this.

"
iamnotspock wrote:
Chris doesnt know how the hacks exist if the data isnt there, then has a foot in mouth moment when its pointed out the data is there when the level loads......, "I'm a developer Jim, Not a Programmer !!".
There was no foot in mouth, just miscommunication due to ambiguity as to whether the hack was revealing the presence of things in the level (yes), or their location (no, because as Chris pointed out, that's not sent to the client on loading). See above.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info