1.3 Life Based "Shatter Chuck Lite" Barrage - CoC build (updated the tree)

I see in the build that this can work well with a 5-link Voll's. What gems should I use? Barrage, GMP, CoC, LL, and Arc/Arctic Breath/Ice Spear?

Cheers! :D
"
atheyd wrote:
I see in the build that this can work well with a 5-link Voll's. What gems should I use? Barrage, GMP, CoC, LL, and Arc/Arctic Breath/Ice Spear?

Cheers! :D

Any spell would do. I think either Arctic Breath/Ice spear would be a good choice. I'd prefer Ice Spear as a single spell because it doesn't get interrupted by terrain the way arctic breath does.
as a HC player, I'm curious to know how often do you all die with this build? and are the deaths mostly due to playing very risky map mods or atziri?
"
mallow wrote:
as a HC player, I'm curious to know how often do you all die with this build? and are the deaths mostly due to playing very risky map mods or atziri?

I wouldn't try this in hardcore mainly because:

1. you have no layers of mitigation against physical attacks except a granite
2. unlike GMP/LMP builds you are firing a single row shot and if its an exile that kites around it or discharge guy who teleports behind you, you risk of not procing any of the skills or losing your charges momentum
3. the key behind this build is shotgunning, you're a caster but you play at melee range more than you know, alot of the pcoc + stutter stepping causes desync and this build relies heavily on shotgunning, so imagine firing into a big pack close up and not procing anything because of desync.

- reflect surprisingly is not a an issue at all though

these were my personal deaths thus far
/played 7d
/deaths 61

I'm almost lvl 91 and last time I legit Died was at maybe 87. I did test to see if i could RF yolo 78 dom and failed, and I yolo RF'ed piety and learned not to do it anymore lol. basically most of my deaths are from RFing and testing what can kill me (dominus light strike, vaal smash with granite) etc

I believe like killmour did, 5k HP is a must if you wanna reach higher lvls than 90, but I run rats and only at 4.1k hp atm
thanks for the reply!
"
mallow wrote:

Well similar to what @forzaxx6 said, I wouldn't recommend it.

Just for reference I am lvl 89 with 4.4k HP

So far I have only died at Atziri twice (first attempt, no bleed flask) and Death and Taxes while trying to see how much of the trash mobs I could tank if I ignored them.

Reflect mobs don't even pose a problem and I really don't notice them.

I can easily yolo shrine Piety with RF and would only use more caution on palace dominus as he moves around a lot and has "the touch of god" but the point is I always go for the kill and don't die for it.

The main reason I don't advise for HC is because of the beyond mobs really. Physical damage is not your friend at all and with all the damage those mobs do (the tornado shotters for example - not sure about post nerf), it would just not be very safe. Unwavering stance is so far down the tree that it would just not be a good idea to consider that for survivability either.

I don't think it would be impossible, just not nearly the most convenient or safe for that matter.
Last edited by dfolucinda on Oct 16, 2014, 7:31:58 AM
"
forzazx6 wrote:
"
mallow wrote:

I'm almost lvl 91 and last time I legit Died was at maybe 87. I did test to see if i could RF yolo 78 dom and failed, and I yolo RF'ed piety and learned not to do it anymore lol. basically most of my deaths are from RFing and testing what can kill me (dominus light strike, vaal smash with granite) etc

I believe like killmour did, 5k HP is a must if you wanna reach higher lvls than 90, but I run rats and only at 4.1k hp atm

Can you post your gear when you get the chance? I'm currently using the following gear and find that I can easily die to random shit. Map mod with GMP, +98% Cold Damage and Fleet with those fricking frogs that leaps at you and instantly fires their Arctic Breath killed me like 3 times during that map.

Experimenting myself with excluding one resist aura and including clarity lev 20 + arctic armour lev 20 in the vertex mask just to get a bit more phys mitigation. It just relies on lightning warp to move around and im not a fan of warping like a mad goat not being able to move by foot aswell.

"
Direktor wrote:
"
forzazx6 wrote:
"
mallow wrote:

Can you post your gear when you get the chance? I'm currently using the following gear and find that I can easily die to random shit. Map mod with GMP, +98% Cold Damage and Fleet with those fricking frogs that leaps at you and instantly fires their Arctic Breath killed me like 3 times during that map.

my hp gear is:

but if you are running arc + fireball I'm not surprised you are dying alot lol. if you want to know my top combo skills in terms of survivability:

1. Freezing Pulse + Arc = INSTANT freeze at high volumes + auto target from arc, you get best of both worlds.

2. Ice Spear + Fireball = 2 skills that don't get blocked by objects and hit every mob whether they are on a ledge behind boxes etc. ice spear at close range pierces, at long range guarantees FREEZE

3. Arctic breath + Fireball = most dmg, but random freezing because spell crit is 60% or so, but still good at slowing down UNLESS there's an object in the way. that's why i ranked it last.
Last edited by forzazx6 on Oct 16, 2014, 8:02:46 AM
In my case, I have 4.4K HP with these. I had more but I decided to remove 3 nodes to pick up unwavering for mindless Atziri clearing and will be attempting uber when I level up and get those 3 points back.

Immortal call usually helps me with frogs but for the most part as long as I am constantly attacking the frogs don't even get a chance with my AoE Arc & Ice Spear (I use Arctic breath + Ice spear for single burst like Atziri/Trio/2 Vaal).

Last edited by dfolucinda on Oct 16, 2014, 8:04:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info