1.3 Life Based "Shatter Chuck Lite" Barrage - CoC build (updated the tree)

"
trackrrb wrote:
Hey there,

You are not really saying what makes your shatter chuck a shatter chuck lite in the first 2 spoilers, i think.

Greets!

This is clear once you read Tom's thread.

Other than that, nice adaptations Killmour. I tried to make a budget chuck going CI. I hit about 6k ES and 60k DPS (using tabula and maligaros), but no righteous fire and no life leech or vaal pact, so voll's definitely seems like the way to go if you want to do a budget version that's still strong.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
trackrrb wrote:
Hey there,

You are not really saying what makes your shatter chuck a shatter chuck lite in the first 2 spoilers, i think.

Greets!

Yea I'm a noob at guide writing, I'll fix that stuff up. Thanks.

And yea, I tried to do a few ES variants with some of my alts I leveled for the challenge, and it's very hard to get the right stuff setup in a solaris lorca before you get shavs for the original shatter build.

The build's are not very similar, but the concept is the same.
ign: Killmour
Last edited by Killmour on Oct 7, 2014, 1:21:24 AM
"
Killmour wrote:
"
trackrrb wrote:
Hey there,

Greets!

Yea I'm a noob at guide writing, I'll fix that stuff up. Thanks.

And yea, I tried to do a few ES variants with some of my alts I leveled for the challenge, and it's very hard to get the right stuff setup in a solaris lorca before you get shavs for the original shatter build.

The build's are not very similar, but the concept is the same.

I'm gonna leveling an alts Witch (for the 5th Challenge at the same time) and try Tabula with dual rare wands and spec into Twin Terror, see how it gonna work...
AllanPls - A Poe.Trade-inspired style for the official Path of Exile Trade website (v0.1.2)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026765
Awesome that you decided to write your own guide. I'm currently leveling a life-based shatter chuck witch based on your build posted in tom's thread. Gonna read through this asap!
I noticed you dumped the wand crit nodes and Doom Cast in this revision of the build. You pointed out that the wand crit nodes are unnecessary when you get a good enough wand, but is Doom Cast worth skipping? You picked up some more accuracy nodes, is that better?

I'm level 33 and currently leveling as a Freezing Pulse spellcaster using a Tabula Rasa, at what level do you think it is viable to switch to CoC? I've got a 5L Volls that I used on a previous CoC-Discharger.
Hey, i play a life based build of tom builds too and i love it. ofc its weaker but cheaper.
I'm glad you did this thread and i can watch what you did :P

for the most time i just can agree with you. But voli with 5 link? i dont hink its rly viable.
you can put away life leech, what i think is just insane, because we are just glass cannon or you can drop 1 dmg spell like arc. but i dont think its viable that way, you would drop half of your dmg and so you would have big trouble in some maps with rares with sick mods oder the boss.

this build is extremly cheap version of tom's build, but i would say, everything under a 6link voli would give away the point of this build.

but GOOD WORK, spread this version of the build, its great and rly fun ! :)

oh, and (its just my taste, i guess^^) i hate ice spear in this build, for maps i use arctic bearth or freezing pulse and arc. for more single dmg, switch arc with fireball. But i guess, everyone can make his own opinion^^

Last edited by Moritonel on Oct 8, 2014, 4:22:54 AM
Sick! Can't wait to try!
IGN Ken__Kaniff
Last edited by Knightmare101 on Oct 7, 2014, 8:22:27 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Killmour wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Nice face tanking her. Try flame surge. It's like 4x the dps of those other spells because you are running RF.

Gmp on those spells puts flame surge in the trashcan. Just the same as the normal shatter chuck build.

If Flame Surge was a projectile then it would be great, too bad its not though.

It's not a projectile but shits all over those other spells by itself if you are in her face like that. Try it may change your mind.

If you do the math, flame surge loses out to arctic breath and fireball. Fireball actually does the most dmg in this spec. Believe us, there has been much discussion on this topic. Check out the shatter chuck guide if you still don't believe.
IGN Ken__Kaniff
Do you swap to saffel's or phoenix when using RF?
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
Commenting to come back to review later. Shatter chuck always interested me, and now that there is a "lite" version, I might have to try it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info