1.3 Life Based "Shatter Chuck Lite" Barrage - CoC build (updated the tree)

Yay, i've got a slightly diffent tree aswell, not much but got Doom Cast (20+20+60% increased crit + 10% crit multi) in the top right corner. What I just realized is that barrage is working best not facetankin, lol. My 2nd realize was that Im running around without shield, forgot to re equip the old one lol...

So far playing around at Ledge and got 1 unique drop + several chests and rogue kills already. Without the shield. :) ... am using Doryanis invitation (ligth) from previous build aswell. Combines well with Arc.

So far I crit a little bit too seldom, using a 10.32% wand (and nothing equipped in the right hand, rofl). Hope it gets slightly better with a +spell +crit shield. Prolly need to reassign bandit rewards too. Yet when I do crit my arc level 21 + arctic breath level 4 sweeps Ledge atleast :P
"
Direktor wrote:
Would Dual Wielding two Void Batteries be overkill for damage, as Tom did in his build?

"
I am working towards this for science, however I suspect the attack speed would be rather slow as we wouldn't have the low life benefits of haste & blood rage from the original build on our side

I usually find it to be overkill with 3 Purity auras so usually run a standard Haste, combined with Vaal Haste (I assume they stack, don't have Vaal one yet) the attack speed shouldn't be too much of a power hopefully? Plus the damage gained from two Void Batteries would be pretty awesome I'd wager even without running a low life build, but I'm not sure.

Please report back your findings!
Last edited by Direktor on Oct 14, 2014, 12:42:29 PM
heh did a few city of sarn runs, still no shield, nothing equipped in right hand at all... just to test. Still with my low level gems (except level 21 arc) everything just melts.

Yet it takes too long time between crits for me. Comparing this to my old Doryani Scepter+Rice of phoenix+vertex maask+doryianis belt, im not sure. Need to level gems a bit more to evaluate. One death on Perpeteous so far, wasnt able to break from stunlock.
So far only perpe stunlocked me and killed me, but encountered several reflect and didnt even notice... did see life bubble went down a bit only.

Still no shield, I will equip the phoenix one just to have something in the right hand and level gems or such :P
"
Direktor wrote:
"
Direktor wrote:
Would Dual Wielding two Void Batteries be overkill for damage, as Tom did in his build?

"
I am working towards this for science, however I suspect the attack speed would be rather slow as we wouldn't have the low life benefits of haste & blood rage from the original build on our side

I usually find it to be overkill with 3 Purity auras so usually run a standard Haste, combined with Vaal Haste (I assume they stack, don't have Vaal one yet) the attack speed shouldn't be too much of a power hopefully? Plus the damage gained from two Void Batteries would be pretty awesome I'd wager even without running a low life build, but I'm not sure.

Please report back your findings!

Well I don't know why it didn't occur to me until just now that I could just test the attack speed with 2 normal prophecy wands.. real genius over here lol

"
boondoxsaints wrote:
So far only perpe stunlocked me and killed me, but encountered several reflect and didnt even notice... did see life bubble went down a bit only.

Still no shield, I will equip the phoenix one just to have something in the right hand and level gems or such :P

Your gear and gem levels will make a huge difference. I have both a 92% chance to hit and crit (with charges up - which is like all the time) and really it just rips through everything. Probably want to quality up your Cast on crit for the crit chance if you haven't already too.
So I did Death & Taxes yesterday to complete my 4th challenge with one death for science. The best way to do it is just to instantly burst down each boss stage & not to try to face him from range. Also the trash mobs (animated weapons) are even more dangerous than the boss in this case, so don't try to see how much you can tank for science like me :).
Trying to get rings and stuff to improve crit since i really do lack of crit chances atm.

Btw, anyone tried voidbringer instead of maligaros?
Loss of crit multi but x2.3 crit chance and +level to ele gem (may use other rings i.e.)?

And does empower stack with these spells? Considering switching life leech for empower level 3, but it says it boosts active gems... does that also include coc spells?
For anyone curious: 2x void batteries almost doubled my dmg, I haven't died to reflect even once.

Last edited by forzazx6 on Oct 15, 2014, 5:12:38 PM
"
forzazx6 wrote:
For anyone curious: 2x void batteries almost doubled my dmg, I haven't died to reflect even once.

Thank you very much for reporting back. I assume the first Wand plus Shield combo is what you used previously. Looks like I'm gonna be spending 80 ex tomorrow then.
and yes I did just sell them, got very good offer, which will allow me to go shavs now and build my way back to the wands :]

edit: please be aware that voids require 245 int to use, if you are going to use them make sure you have atleast some int on gear, you can grab 30int node but imo thats not advised.
Last edited by forzazx6 on Oct 15, 2014, 8:28:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info