ExileBro.com - Search for orb trades, create a orb shop and more! ASK questions/price check items!

"
Lexx691 wrote:
Did you consider implementing a point system?

Like I say what orbs have what point values when buying and what when selling, then which orbs I want to sell and which to buy, customers can work it out, and can pay in multiple currencies.

Also it would make changing ratios easier to handle, we could set up the point values in the dashboard for all our shops.

And finally, do away with the amount thing, where we set how many we have, instead let us disable a certain entry (perhaps also in dashboard, a checkbox if we aren't buying an orb anymore or aren't selling an orb anymore), and let players enter a number in the popup that comes, so they click on alteration orbs for chaos orbs, then they get a popup where they see the ratio (13.5:1) and a box where they can enter how many alts they want to trade for chaos, i.e. they enter 55, and the tell becomes "Hi, I want to buy 55 alts worth of chaos from you, for the ratio 13.5:1", and then player and shopkeep can discuss if he should add something to the chaos or if they'll just trade 54 alts.

Or do away with the specific tell in the points system, just say I'm interested in buying from you.

Maybe add it as a second category of shops, points shops where they can mix and match, and the shops we got now, where it's 1 currency for 1 other.

Also, @ the client, my internet is unstable lately, and when it dies the client shuts down, with a message that exilebro is busy atm and to try later, you could suppress that message and keep trying every 5 minutes until the connection can be established again.

And all in all, ty, great service!

First of all, I really don't unterstand what you mean with the point system.

Why should we ditch the stock feature? That would mean that we couldn't do the slider feature anymore, which means that this window would be totally superflous. The buyers would have to contact the sellers first, figure out how many orbs they have for sale, do the maths, etc. etc.

On the other hand, soon instead of telling you that your stock is too low for a certain trade it won't prevent you from changing your stock to that, it'll just disable the relevant trades. You'll also be able to disable trades.

I sent your request for the client to my client developer and he'll hopefully do something about it soon.
Last edited by klayveR on Oct 11, 2014, 4:39:20 PM
I like the slider feature and don't mind updating my stock.
    ☭ ᵀʰᵉ ᵍᵉᵐᵐᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶰᵗᵉᵉᶫ ᵃʳᵉ ᵃᶰ ᶦᶰᶠᵉˢᵗᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ⋅ ᵀʰᵉʸ ᵃʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᴹᵒᶰᵏᵉʸ ᴷᶦᶰᵍ'ˢ ᶠᶫᵉᵃˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵈʳᶦᶰᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶫᶦᶠᵉᵇᶫᵒᵒᵈ⋅ ᶜʳᵘˢʰ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᶦᶰ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʷᵒʳᵏ⁻ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵈ ʰᵃᶰᵈˢ﹗  ☭
              ͏   ͏͏ ৹ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ⋅𝐆𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲⋅ಊ⋅𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝⋅ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ৹
"
klayveR wrote:

First of all, I really don't unterstand what you mean with the point system.

Well, imagine this: I want to sell Alts, Chroms, Jews, Chances, Fus, Alch and Scours and I want to be paid in Chis, Vaal, Chaos, Regrets, Bless, Regals, GCP, Div and Ex.
This means I need to set up:
Alts => Chis
Alts => Vaal
Alts => Chaos
Alts => Regrets
Alts => Bless
Alts => Regals
Alts => GCP
Alts => Div
Alts => Ex
Chroms => Chis
Chroms => Vaal
Chroms => Chaos
Chroms => Regrets
Chroms => Bless
Chroms => Regals
Chroms => GCP
Chroms => Div
Chroms => Ex
etc.
i.e. sell * buy amount of pairs, which in this case would = 7*9=63 pairings. If I want to change the value of one single buy orb (because I have enough, but will still trade if at a profit) I need to change 7 pairings, or if I'm out of alts and chroms I need to change 2*9 pairings (yay for disable in the future).
So basically, the current system is extremely work intensive.

Now imagine a points system, I check that I wish to sell Alts, Chroms, Jews, Chances, Fus, Alch and Scours and I want to be paid in Chis, Vaal, Chaos, Regrets, Bless, Regals, GCP, Div and Ex.
Next I set up points:
Alt: 100, Chrom: 110, Jews: 200, Chance: 400, Fus: 800, Alch: 750, Scour: 750, Chis: 550, Vaal: 1350, Chaos: 1500, Regrets: 1600, Bless: 600, Regals: 3000, CGP: 2900, Div: 15000, Ex: 52000.
Now it becomes very simple, first of all you only set up each value once, and secondly, if you're low on alts you simply raise their value, if you're out, you disable alts.
This in contrast to changing 9 values (alts => all buying orbs), or disabling 9 trade pairs.
Sure, the details would have to be worked out, but the current system feems very clunky, and it shouldn't have to be. This far we've been trading in chat, and there you just don't have the space, time and attention span to set up a complex system, but you're making something new, be groundbreaking, and do away with the sillyness that is the current pairings. Just look at the exchange rates to know the 2 currency pair trading system needs to go:
Vaal:Chaos: 2:1, Chaos:Alt: 12:1, Alt:Vaal: 1:13.5, so going from Vaal to Chaos to Alt= Vaal:Alt = 1:6, but directly it's 1:13.5.

"
klayveR wrote:

Why should we ditch the stock feature? That would mean that we couldn't do the slider feature anymore, which means that this window would be totally superflous.

The slider feature is also very clunky to use if the seller is rich, or puts in too large values, it would be much simpler if you could enter a number of orbs you want. You still need to talk to the seller if you want to buy multiple orbs, if you want to sell an ex and be paid half in alts half in chroms, etc. So communication will always be necessary, thus the slider doesn't help much. Sure, it's a way to approach a seller, and for that it's great, but people still have to talk anyhow.
"
klayveR wrote:

The buyers would have to contact the sellers first, figure out how many orbs they have for sale, do the maths, etc. etc.

This happens anyhow. I've always had discussions about other orbs they wanted to trade, and they didn't want exactly 56 but 55. Maths still has to be done, but with points this could become much easier:
"I want to buy an ex, your point value is 56000, I've got 100 alts = 10000 points, 100 chance = 40000 points and 4 chaos = 6000 points."
So how about the buyer gets a text along the lines of "@Lexx_the_Vindicator Hey there, I saw your shop on exilebro.com, your points are Alt: 100, Chrom: 110, Jews: 200, Chance: 400, Fus: 800, Alch: 750, Scour: 750, Chis: 550, Vaal: 1350, Chaos: 1500, Regrets: 1600, Bless: 600, Regals: 3000, CGP: 2900, Div: 15000, Ex: 52000. Let's do some trading!"
Sure you could let the trader select the currency he wants to pay in and the currency he wants to buy, but it'll never be final anyhow, so what's the point?

"
klayveR wrote:

On the other hand, soon instead of telling you that your stock is too low for a certain trade it won't prevent you from changing your stock to that, it'll just disable the relevant trades. You'll also be able to disable trades.

That's good news.

Oh, and please don't take my input too negatively, I'm extremely happy with your work, it was sorely needed, and the current incarnation is already much preferred to tradechat trading, and the system works. I'm just giving you my thoughts that I've come across while working with it, which would be improvements in my mind, take of them what you will.
Say "No, go away", and you'll never be bothered from me again, ask me to elaborate or to give different suggestions in a certain direction and I will.
IGN: Lexx_the_Silent
Last edited by Lexx691 on Oct 12, 2014, 9:40:39 AM
This sounds like a terrible idea to me, honestly.

I do not want to deal with point systems. I do not want to have to ask a person if they have only 1 orb or the dozens i am looking for. That is a pain in my ass. No, I don't already have to do this, as you say.

I do not want people messaging me that they only have 75% of the cost in the orbs I'm accepting but the other 25% of the points in blah blah blah. No, I don't want them and I don't want these messages.

I do not want to list, nor see, Orbs being sold for multiple currency types.

I want to list an Orb for trade with a price and get it with no haggle or hassle.

I want to search for an Orb in the quantities that I need, and not go messaging everyone with a shop to find out their stock.

    ☭ ᵀʰᵉ ᵍᵉᵐᵐᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶰᵗᵉᵉᶫ ᵃʳᵉ ᵃᶰ ᶦᶰᶠᵉˢᵗᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ⋅ ᵀʰᵉʸ ᵃʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᴹᵒᶰᵏᵉʸ ᴷᶦᶰᵍ'ˢ ᶠᶫᵉᵃˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵈʳᶦᶰᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶫᶦᶠᵉᵇᶫᵒᵒᵈ⋅ ᶜʳᵘˢʰ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᶦᶰ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʷᵒʳᵏ⁻ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵈ ʰᵃᶰᵈˢ﹗  ☭
              ͏   ͏͏ ৹ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ⋅𝐆𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲⋅ಊ⋅𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝⋅ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ৹
Last edited by Dreggz on Oct 12, 2014, 10:52:11 AM
While I really appreciate your input Lexx, I have to say that I 100% agree with Dreggz. I understood the point system now and from my point of view, this would be a huge step backwards. You're right when you say that people still have to communicate and do the maths, but your idea would just make it even harder than it is right now.
Last edited by klayveR on Oct 12, 2014, 11:45:40 AM
Bump!
How about consistently listing all orbs alphabetically in every list? Some do it, others are sorted by value. I much prefer the former.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Bump because this thing is awesome. Started shop early and works great. Love it.

Additional suggestion. Allow stock to go to 0 so I can maintain ratio in shop, but it is clear to buyers I'm out of stock. I run out of several orbs consistently and adding / removing is tenuous. Right now I just change to a ratio that no one will like so people don't ask for trade..which also sends a bad message :-\

2nd suggestion. Uber Atziri Fragments added. Been trying to unload a hope for a while. I don't trust uber atziri services. I might just run it, who knows.

Thanks for this btw. How do you fund it?
"
Nubatron wrote:
Bump because this thing is awesome. Started shop early and works great. Love it.

Additional suggestion. Allow stock to go to 0 so I can maintain ratio in shop, but it is clear to buyers I'm out of stock. I run out of several orbs consistently and adding / removing is tenuous. Right now I just change to a ratio that no one will like so people don't ask for trade..which also sends a bad message :-\

2nd suggestion. Uber Atziri Fragments added. Been trying to unload a hope for a while. I don't trust uber atziri services. I might just run it, who knows.

Thanks for this btw. How do you fund it?

Thanks, glad you like it!

"
klayveR wrote:

I'll add Uber fragments.

I just pay for the domain, it's hosted on trackpete's server. I try to get some money from advertisements and donations so I can give him something back, because that's one of the nicest things someone from the internet has ever done to me :)
Free bump for awareness, all the trades I've done by using the site have saved me a lot of frustrating trade chat spamming =).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info