A tale of integrity.

I aint paying to exalted for that shit. Bad move on the part of GGG. I dont know who was in charge of this but they just screwed a large portion of their player base and screwed the economy.
You're trying to compare a software mechanical problem with a price problem.
IMO you make no sense.

The snapshot fix was going to take months of time to fix, and it did.
The price problem should only take a day to fix. (Give or take). And now it is. Even if we don't agree with it.

The real problem here is not having thorough testing. Mors has said it plenty of times. Utilize the Alpha members to help contribute.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
No one is going to change their build based on this change. They might be inconvenienced. They might have to farm a bit more.

But they're not being hurt by it.

You're over-reacting.
"
nikals wrote:
Vendor prices aren't unintended mechanics. Snapshotting is. That's how I'm assuming GGG is looking at it and thus taking different actions in these two different scenarios.

This thread is not about the price, neither about the effect of the mod.

It is about the action taken against it in the middle of a league.

(also what you call snapshotting is a mechanic introduced into the game that players creatively worked with, which is exactly the same as the multicraft mod, a mechanic introduced that players got creative with both resulting in unforeseen scenario's by GGG)

"
Hixxie wrote:
You're trying to compare a software mechanical problem with a price problem.
IMO you make no sense.

The snapshot fix was going to take months of time to fix, and it did.
The price problem should only take a day to fix. (Give or take). And now it is. Even if we don't agree with it.

The real problem here is not having thorough testing. Mors has said it plenty of times. Utilize the Alpha members to help contribute.

I make perfect sense if you apply logic and know the game well and wanna see PoE succeed.

Edit : also on the "snapshot" topic, a workable fix was ready if i remember correctly a week after this snapshot issue saw the day of light. However it was postponed till the end of the league in order to create equality within the league since somebody got to lvl 100 with it. Similarly, lvl 100 is already reached within this league. Thus changing the "rule-set" mid-league is a big issue and should be handled as such imo.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
No one is going to change their build based on this change. They might be inconvenienced. They might have to farm a bit more.

But they're not being hurt by it.

You're over-reacting.

Read what i stated above Shags, price + mod are irrelevant to the action taken and how it effect's the league and set's a dangerous precedent for future league's.

Maybe i come over as over-reacting, but like usual i don't give a fuck about the out-come of this change since i will work with it, not against it.

I am not bothered by the price change or this mod, i am however bothered by the fact it is happening "mid-league".

I am betting i am not alone.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Sep 26, 2014, 1:54:54 PM
Only problem. Summoning with mine and trap and then removing didn't actually work, because of how snapshotting functions(or functioned). And it was called OP by some streamer that had no idea what he was talking about just to get views and then picked up by the rest of the commmunity. And then even the lead dev made a video "showcasing" it before the snapshot removal. It was both funny and sad. That is when I realised that the devs really are out of touch with what actually goes down in the game.

Other than that interesting comparison.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Sep 26, 2014, 4:18:01 PM
"
Boem wrote:
@Hodari, are you actually going to argue that a weapons base dps is irrelevant to the success-rate of a build?

If so, i am at a loss.

Peace,

-Boem-

I'd actually argue that for him. With the current economy and with the basic master crafting you can easily make those builds far more than just a successful build.

The level 8 crafting option went beyond that, allowing you to get weapons that didn't even exist in the previous 4 month league. Those are far above the difficulty of content in the game in the first place. It's fine to have that option but don't pretend it actually hindered any build plans.

Anyone who has level 8 masters is far from struggling to make successful builds in the first place.

Adjusting simple crafting options or various new features(master missions, beyond enemies) is something that is often done midleague. No one said anything when other minor crafting costs were adjusted. GGG is against adjusting actual skill mechanics midleague after the whole cwdt incident and anything that will destroy builds.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 26, 2014, 4:47:05 PM
"
kasub wrote:
I'd actually argue that for him. With the current economy and with the basic master crafting you can easily make those builds far more than just a successful build.

The level 8 crafting option went beyond that, allowing you to get weapons that didn't even exist in the previous 4 month league. Those are far above the difficulty of content in the game in the first place. It's fine to have that option but don't pretend it actually hindered any build plans.

Anyone who has level 8 masters is far from struggling to make successful builds in the first place.

Adjusting simple crafting options or various new features(master missions, beyond enemies) is something that is often done midleague. No one said anything when other minor crafting costs were adjusted. GGG is against adjusting actual skill mechanics midleague after the whole cwdt incident and anything that will destroy builds.

My issue is with the timing and the big middle finger that rises with it.

Neither the actual cost increase nor the function of the mod i find troublesome. GGG even agree's, since making the cost higher is an "artificial" difficulty for a player to overcome, not a challenge.

Hodari went off-topic in this thread since, i assume, he did not understand the point i was making in the OP + tittle. I see no reason for you to defend him since neither my counter arguments/his/yours are relevant to the OP.

Simply put, you don't change the rules in a competition half-way.

And that's exactly what GGG is doing, if you don't have a problem with that then that's fine, but i do and it needed to be said.

Peace,

-boem-
You questioned the integrity of the decision since it hindered builds. My post was saying it didn't hinder builds and was not similiar to the example given in your opening post. That seems relevant to the topic?

I have nothing to add beyond what I said in my post. It was a simple change that reflects what GGG thinks a crafting option should cost after observing feedback. Same way they changed some affixes from 4 alchs to 2 alchs. Same way they nerfed beyond enemies and buffed their drops.

I'm also going to repeat that it changes very little. Anyone who gets level 8 masters is more than equipped to use that crafting option. The exa cost is actually very minor compared to possible alt costs or getting a decent base in the first place. It's a minor balance change that does very little for the power it gives.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 26, 2014, 5:10:24 PM
'-.-

Did you read the OP kasub?

I question how they are handling this compared to former abuses in other league's.

In former league's they let it run it's course.

In this league they do the opposite.

Builds where not even mentioned in the OP, some people in here just seem to think this thread is about the elreon mod cost increase or it's function.

While it is in fact about the decision to change this cost mid-league instead of end-league.

Peace,

-Boem-

(and yes i went on a little off-topic walk with hodari and my point is still valid, a ++ weapon allows more build diversity then a +weapon, simply because of it's raw stats and power, requiring less investment in the passive tree, don't argue this, it is logic)
With the same argument you're presenting all changes midleague affect the integrity of the competition. Anything that makes the game slightly harder can be said to give an advantage to people who were ahead(who inherently had an advantage in the first place).

GGG draws the line at build ruining decisions which is usually big passive changes/skill changes. That's why I went into builds since it's what GGG cares about.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info