A tale of integrity.

"
Hodari wrote:
People didn't build their entire characters around the Elreon crafting mod. Your comparison fails.
Yes, they do.
Two points are not enough to form a clear pattern.

It could be that they regretted not fixing the mine-trap-summon combo until the end of that league and are now being more proactive in making changes.
Or that they didn't regret leaving the mine-trap-summoning unfixed and just decided to change Elreon's cost for another.

If another unforeseen abusable skill interaction or unfair crafting cost or whatever is discovered that is left unpatched until the end of whichever league it is found, then you might begin to be justified in complaining about a lack of integrity, PeaceBoem.

And just to make sure I'm not completely wrong: Did GGG say that they weren't going to be making any significant patches until after the temporary league finished?
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
Boem wrote:

Both increase xp/hour
Both increase farm/hour

it is this that undermines the competition of league's since the cost associated with it is being changed and the "buy-in" is being increased. Devaluating the time investment of player's coming late to the league or not using this craft yet (solo self-found for example?)

I think this whole thread is pretty ridiculous. There have been many changes to the game during leagues that have an effect on experience gains and farming.

I dont remember too many people complaining when they removed life regen and elemental resistance auras from beyond mobs which now makes beyonds basically free exp because you can kill them so fast. Should they have waited till the end of the league to remove these auras from beyond mobs too?

If changes are not made to the game during league the game will be arguably worse than if it had not been made.

I dont see how the competition argument holds either, seeing as the competition is basically already over. People are already level 100, 50 people are already almost done completing the 8 challenges and people that have not started yet have no chance even if this change is not made, What competition is left?

To impose a restriction of not allowing GGG to patch their game until leagues are over will really devalue most of our experiences of this game, complaining just because you are unhappy with one of those changes is quite common (because it happens every patch/nerf lol). I really have no place commenting on whether or not the price change is required, but posing the argument that GGG should not update their game until leagues are over would make this game really bad.
"
Metronomy wrote:
I think this whole thread is pretty ridiculous. There have been many changes to the game during leagues that have an effect on experience gains and farming.

That is your right sir, same like i found your

"WTS
"

ridiculous and yet another "cool-cat" response that holds no relevance to this thread.

"
Metronomy wrote:
I dont remember too many people complaining when they removed life regen and elemental resistance auras from beyond mobs which now makes beyonds basically free exp because you can kill them so fast. Should they have waited till the end of the league to remove these auras from beyond mobs too?

If changes are not made to the game during league the game will be arguably worse than if it had not been made.

If you don't understand the impact of making something balanced/easier compared to making something harder then that is not my problem.

Let's assume the reverse, let's consider GGG adding vitality + elemental purity to all beyond mobs in tomorrows patch.

Don't see the difference yet?

"
Metronomy wrote:
I don't see how the competition argument holds either, seeing as the competition is basically already over. People are already level 100, 50 people are already almost done completing the 8 challenges and people that have not started yet have no chance even if this change is not made, What competition is left?

To impose a restriction of not allowing GGG to patch their game until leagues are over will really devalue most of our experiences of this game, complaining just because you are unhappy with one of those changes is quite common (because it happens every patch/nerf lol). I really have no place commenting on whether or not the price change is required, but posing the argument that GGG should not update their game until leagues are over would make this game really bad.

1) i don't care about the price change or the power of the mod
2) i am not complaining about 1
3) balancing the game content is a totally different thing then balancing game content around the economy, which is the case in this instance and is the difference between your initial argument.(beyond change vs elreon mod change)

About the competition, i don't disagree with you, however the fact of the mater is GGG need's to keep the "illusion" of competition alive for league's to hold relevance in the future.

A lot of people already dismiss the ladder and league competition just because of the economy's impact and lack of gameplay skill requirement to climb them.

So all in all "wooooosh ---> point of thread"

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info