A tale of integrity.

"
Boem wrote:
@Hodari, are you actually going to argue that a weapons base dps is irrelevant to the success-rate of a build?

If so, i am at a loss.

No, and I'm at a loss for how you could possibly interpret anything I said to mean that.
You are a selffound solo player?
You managed to get Elreon to lvl 8 without help?
Then im pretty sure you are able to spend 2ex for your ENDGAME weapon that lets you do every content in the game.

Selffound was able to get a divine thats more rare than an ex? Now freaking 2 ex is a fucking problem for you guys? For a weapon that costs 30ex + before? Wtf is wrong with you people?
"
Hodari wrote:
No, and I'm at a loss for how you could possibly interpret anything I said to mean that.

your argument was based on the fact that the change does not "destroy" a build.

So i assumed you missed the relationship between the dps of a build and it's EHP increase based on life leach and the availability of more skill points gained because of a lesser requirement to put into dps nodes.

Both are dependent on the raw power of weapon you obtain and are as such build enabling and build diversity promoting.

In reverse, the lack of such a weapon is build prohibiting and diversity destructive.

Peace,

-Boem-

A good base weapon to start your build from allows a lot of freedom in it's design, both towards EHP and skill point investment, so yes, this change will destroy people's builds who where aimed to utilize this recipe to cover those skill points and lack of EHP buffer in other gear.

"
You are a selffound solo player?
You managed to get Elreon to lvl 8 without help?
Then im pretty sure you are able to spend 2ex for your ENDGAME weapon that lets you do every content in the game.

Selffound was able to get a divine thats more rare than an ex? Now freaking 2 ex is a fucking problem for you guys? For a weapon that costs 30ex + before? Wtf is wrong with you people?

Another one joins the "i cant comprehend the op but i must reply anyway" club.

Thx for the free bump?
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Legacy Kaom's, Legacy soul taker, etc got left alone. Legacy Crown of eyes? Ha. They do not care about consistency or safety. If they want someone to win the ladder they can and will do whatever they want. I don't play HC or temp leagues for this reason among others.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
Last edited by trav_dawg on Sep 26, 2014, 11:12:30 AM
Wow, the irrational posts about self found and level 8 Elreon.. Do you consider using a level 8 Elreon service self found? And you honestly think a 2ex investment is too steep for a weapon that you wont ever need to replace?
its less that it is getting more expensive and more that we dont need another reason to make exalted orbs more desirable

80 chaos exalted orbs here we go again.

this situation is a true mess.

its times like this that i am glad that i tend to burn out mid way through a league
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 26, 2014, 11:24:49 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
its less that it is getting more expensive and more that we dont fucking need another reason to make exalted orbs more desirable

80 chaos exalted orbs here we fucking go again.

this situation is a true mess.

I can understand exalted orbs themselves might make it intimidating. So an alternative solution would be a more common orb but an even higher price. 80-100 chaos for multiple mods seems fine.
"
Boem wrote:
"
Hodari wrote:

your argument was based on the fact that the change does not "destroy" a build.

Again, all the same weapons will still exist. They may be a bit more expensive, but they still exist. By the time you get to the stage where you really NEED a weapon with multiple master mods crafted on it or one which costs anywhere close to a divine(let alone multiple ex), your build is already pretty well established. Aside from ones that depend on a specific unique item, most builds should be able to at least do low level maps easily with something costing a few chaos at most. So this change only really affects endgame progression. By then, you should be able to earn currency at a fairly decent rate anyway.

There is a HUGE difference between this and fundamentally changing something like how a skill works. If the price of your ENDGAME weapons go up a bit(again, this will happen all the time anyway, even without GGG changing stuff), you just have to save up a bit longer. If they change something like making it so trap + mine + skill no longer works, that entire character is no longer usable. THAT is what they are trying to avoid.

Changing the crafting cost will, at worst, affect your FUTURE progression on that character. Fundamentally changing how a skill works will destroy what you've ALREADY done.
Last edited by Hodari on Sep 26, 2014, 11:31:20 AM
"
Hodari wrote:
Again, all the same weapons will still exist. They may be a bit more expensive, but they still exist. By the time you get to the stage where you really NEED a weapon with multiple master mods crafted on it or one which costs anywhere close to a divine(let alone multiple ex), your build is already pretty well established. Aside from ones that depend on a specific unique item, most builds should be able to at least do low level maps easily with something costing a few chaos at most. So this change only really affects endgame progression. By then, you should be able to earn currency at a fairly decent rate anyway.

There is a HUGE difference between this and fundamentally changing something like how a skill works. If the price of your ENDGAME weapons go up a bit(again, this will happen all the time anyway, even without GGG changing stuff), you just have to save up a bit longer. If they change something like making it so trap + mine + skill no longer works, that entire character is no longer usable. THAT is what they are trying to avoid.

Changing the crafting cost will, at worst, affect your FUTURE progression on that character. Fundamentally changing how a skill works will destroy what you've ALREADY done.

So basically what you are saying is, yes Boem you are correct. Or are you failing to comprehend the implications of what you just wrote?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Vendor prices aren't unintended mechanics. Snapshotting is. That's how I'm assuming GGG is looking at it and thus taking different actions in these two different scenarios.
Pants of Textile
Last edited by nikals on Sep 26, 2014, 1:19:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info