RaizQT's budget RF incinerator (Atziri killer build) 2.0 UPDATED!

blobulator1,

LOL thats freakin funny ....
Last edited by RGVsUrTexas on Dec 19, 2014, 11:02:16 AM
"
Killuah wrote:
"
purplet wrote:
hi there!
I just hit 68 (gonna go 70+tomorrow) and i feel really squishy.
I can sustain rf and even regen a bit but sometimes i die or drop life too fast.

Would u recommend getting Cod or doryani first, which of the two rather expensive uniques gets me the biggest boost?

You really need to get the Cloak to make this build shine.
MoM with a lot of mana and mana regen as well as sustaining arctic armour are your main defenses and you need Cloak for both.

That is just NOT true. My char still use this crapchest and has no problems at all:

When the char was only lvl 71 I could do lvl 74 Residence Maps with that chest.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Killuah wrote:
"
purplet wrote:
hi there!
I just hit 68 (gonna go 70+tomorrow) and i feel really squishy.
I can sustain rf and even regen a bit but sometimes i die or drop life too fast.

Would u recommend getting Cod or doryani first, which of the two rather expensive uniques gets me the biggest boost?

You really need to get the Cloak to make this build shine.
MoM with a lot of mana and mana regen as well as sustaining arctic armour are your main defenses and you need Cloak for both.

That is just NOT true. My char still use this crapchest and has no problems at all:

When the char was only lvl 71 I could do lvl 74 Residence Maps with that chest.

WELL, it seems not everyone is a pro-player-genius like yourself who can do difficult map mods with just a crappy (6L!!!)

My advice is 100% true since its basically what the guide already says and i tested it, cloak gives a ton of defenses which he seems to need.

So you might want to bolster with your incredible skill somewhere else.
IGN: Firorath / Ninpa
"
Killuah wrote:

My advice is 100% true since its basically what the guide already says and i tested it, cloak gives a ton of defenses which he seems to need.

So don't let me die stupid, where did this "ton of defences" come from? From 300 Mana left after running all the needed auras and spells, maybe 400? And this little "+ life" comes at the cost of not having any AR, almost no eva, almost no es and no resists at all. Wow, what a great chest with tons of defences. At least try to use your brain before just repeating things parrot-fashion. Cloak is great for some builds out there but for this build cloak is just meeh.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Killuah wrote:

So don't let me die stupid, where did this "ton of defences" come from? From 300 Mana left after running all the needed auras and spells, maybe 400? And this little "+ life" comes at the cost of not having any AR, almost no eva, almost no es and no resists at all. Wow, what a great chest with tons of defences. At least try to use your brain before just repeating things parrot-fashion. Cloak is great for some builds out there but for this build cloak is just meeh.

Alright i wont let you die stupid.
When you start to run this build with higher level arctic armour (thats a green gem check it on the wiki) which is essential for this build it drains a lot of mana especially while running.

When i had bad gear the 50% more mana regen and 260+ more mana was the diffrence between using aa or not. It makes a world of diffrence defense wise.

Also 30% damage to mana is a good bonus with all the mana regeneration this build suggests. (But yeah i doubt you have even read a page before my post, cause you know nothing.)

And towards his question....if you think doryanis catalyst offers better defenses than cloak...please leave this thread alone lol.
IGN: Firorath / Ninpa
"
Killuah wrote:

Also 30% damage to mana is a good bonus with all the mana regeneration this build suggests. (But yeah i doubt you have even read a page before my post, cause you know nothing.)

Sorry Sir,[Removed by Support] You don't know anything about the mechanics of poe so please [Removed by Support] learn.
"

Mechanics:
When hit, 30% of the damage that would be inflicted on the character's life is deducted from mana instead. If the character has insufficient mana, then the remainder of the damage will be taken from life.

In order to take effect, Mind Over Matter requires the character to be hit. For this reason, it will not allow mana to absorb damage over time.

For simple minded ones: The first part tells you that if you take a 5000 dmg hit and only have 300 mana left it does not cut 30% of that hit. It only reduces the hit from 5000 to 4700. And that for the cost of no AR, almost no eva and no es and not a single resist.
The second part tells you that you can take your "with all the mana regeneration this build suggests", [Removed by Support]
Last edited by MikeP_GGG on Dec 19, 2014, 4:52:10 PM
Discussion of game mechanics is welcome and often very helpful.

Please try to do this without abusing each other.
No longer works at GGG
TLDR what i figured over the last two weeks:
-Mabye at high level taking 5more points to get mom is viable.
-MOM, even if only taking 300mana worth of a hit takes more then highest level of AA. AA is stronk, having another similar reduce is even stronger.
-Cloak gives regen (1-2nodes worth), mom (5nodes), 100mana(worth a lot but negated by less ES possible).
-In my book a rare armor would have to have 100life, 100mana, high ES but it cannot have high ES and mana (both prefix).

Now my questions:
-Is there another way to make the build work defensively after spending so much on life/regen?
I do not see us getting enough armor even though every little helps and we need ES->mana to run AA which is still (is it?) the strongest defensive option other then high es regen(no more budget build and not enough skill points to make use of) and evasion/dodge (too far away)

So, is there a second option to the cloak?

PS: I feel really squishy being used to range kiting never getting hit ranger:D I dunno maybe i should kite more but i feel that the build makes facetanking mandatory to get okay dps.
Last edited by purplet on Dec 19, 2014, 9:11:26 PM
"
purplet wrote:

-MOM, even if only taking 300mana worth of a hit takes more then highest level of AA. AA is stronk, having another similar reduce is even stronger.
-Cloak gives regen (1-2nodes worth), mom (5nodes), 100mana(worth a lot but negated by less ES possible).
-In my book a rare armor would have to have 100life, 100mana, high ES but it cannot have high ES and mana (both prefix).

First of all you don't need the regen from cloak. There are tons of items out there that give you more than enough regen.
For example I used these items:

But even that was way more than it was needed. I replaced the wand with:

and as you can see I run AA with a lvl.3 empower gem and a lvl.3 enhance linked to it and I still have no mana problems at all.
IF and I really mean IF you really want MoM for some reason go grab it from the tree? Why? Because then you can grab a chest like this:

A chest like this provides high armor, TONS of ES plus 3 free slots for resists. But let's face it, the TONS of ES from this chest are only about 200 more mana because the auras we use are percentage based.
If you feel squishy this is what you want to do. Grab a

and a

The high amount of dmg connected to the leech of these two items will give you full life leech (up to the "cap") almost every time. Now just grab a flask of warding to remove this nasty vulnerability curse when needed and you are ready.
Last edited by 666lol666 on Dec 20, 2014, 2:36:35 AM
Why do you run Herald of Ice for? Obviously it adds more damage, but why Herald of Ice compared to Herald of Thunder or Anger (which may be stronger as we're using fire penetration)? Is there a hidden elemental equilibrium that I am not seeing? Or does Herald of Ice produce the highest bonus DPS?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info