I guess that's it :( Bye.

Good luck in whatever you do next anu.

@GGG bring in the freaking 2-hand node circles already...

I always laugh when people suggest more dps as the solution for 2-hand play-style. Pretty sure you understand why anu.

(it makes me wonder what GGG will do, follow the crowd for more dps or follow logic and increase ehp)

To be honest the solution is quite easy for 2-handers.

- Double implicit rolls (swords from 18 to 32% acc etc)
- Add an extra implicit (+1 max resistance/+3/+5 for itemlevel bases 0->55/56->70/71->81)
- two new 2- hander node wheels. One focused on RT builds (between duelist and marauder) and one focused on crit (between marauder and templar) these should be designed so that the last node gives a lot of EHP increase for 2-hand users.

Things like 10% MORE hp etc come to mind(located at the end of a node wheel to prevent abuses and being located in the outer circle of the passive tree)

But imo, GGG is keeping 2-hand shit for a reason.

Have a good one Anu, peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

GGG likes to complicate easy solutions ;)

Spoiler
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
low-life

"
VictorDoom wrote:
cyclone

Both good alternative ideas to grinding out the next 2 months to 100 in 73 maps.

If not for the little matter that I'd grind out the next 2 months in 73 maps for the regrets.

:)

As for the ranged aspect, a 2H thrower was only ever ranged against ranged mobs, when solo, the ST dps from a 2H was never enough that melee mobs weren't in fact in melee range with you as their one and only focus target.

Well the thing is to spec into cyclone youd need... 5 regrets, to spec out of iron grip and the proj damage nodes, then slap the nodes in life/armor or more IPD.

"
Boem wrote:
Good luck in whatever you do next anu.

@GGG bring in the freaking 2-hand node circles already...

I always laugh when people suggest more dps as the solution for 2-hand play-style. Pretty sure you understand why anu.

(it makes me wonder what GGG will do, follow the crowd for more dps or follow logic and increase ehp)

- Double implicit rolls (swords from 18 to 32% acc etc)
- Add an extra implicit (+1 max resistance/+3/+5 for itemlevel bases 0->55/56->70/71->81)
- two new 2- hander node wheels. One focused on RT builds (between duelist and marauder) and one focused on crit (between marauder and templar) these should be designed so that the last node gives a lot of EHP increase for 2-hand users.

Things like 10% MORE hp etc come to mind(located at the end of a node wheel to prevent abuses and being located in the outer circle of the passive tree)

But imo, GGG is keeping 2-hand shit for a reason.

Have a good one Anu, peace,

-Boem-

They did say something in that new podcast thing about adding a new staff circle, but i dont know why they dont look at 2h to buff it properly, the thing is 2h builds need a LOT more dps and a lot more ehpd as well, currently they have roughly fuck all of both and are shite compared to any other character archetype.

I agree with your ideas, and the massive ehp node sould make you invest in like 8-10 2h nodes so its much less effective for any other build that wants to take it since they would just gain more or the same ehp if they spec into the normal nodes instead.

hopefully theyll start looking at 2h soon cause its been a pretty big thing lately on the forums, kinda hard to not notice that everyone is flipping shit about 2h
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Sep 23, 2014, 4:18:24 AM
Hey Anu, sad to hear this, but I fully undestand you :S I know what it is to play without mom, lighting coil, AA etc.. I´ve made after FM relase CI phys wander on HC with
Spoiler
equipped - classic oldschool wander, sadly I got it to 90 lvl, and will need to sell gear or make other spec if I don´t want rip gear to standart. With Granite flask on I "only" have like 9 armor, 8.3 k ES and not even joking I´m getting almost 2 shotted by just blue devourers on 75 maps.. lvl 89 & around 80% I ran just random blue crema with easy mods (no damage mods), I´ve got hit for 7.4 by rare devourer powerful crits. That´s time I decided to get this character to 90 and rather quit.. Enjoy your break, wish you good luck.

Respect for 99!
"
VictorDoom wrote:
They did say something in that new podcast thing about adding a new staff circle, but i dont know why they dont look at 2h to buff it properly, the thing is 2h builds need a LOT more dps and a lot more ehpd as well, currently they have roughly fuck all of both and are shite compared to any other character archetype.

I agree with your ideas, and the massive ehp node sould make you invest in like 8-10 2h nodes so its much less effective for any other build that wants to take it since they would just gain more or the same ehp if they spec into the normal nodes instead.

hopefully theyll start looking at 2h soon cause its been a pretty big thing lately on the forums, kinda hard to not notice that everyone is flipping shit about 2h

They are purposefully ignoring 2-handers atm.

I thought that was obvious for most long term players by now, they are preparing for it's hype.

Also congratz on your 2-hand ubber kill VD. I was going to post in there, but it would be a copy pasta from this thread :') and i am glad you read it here.

Peace,

-Boem-

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:

They are purposefully ignoring 2-handers atm.

I thought that was obvious for most long term players by now, they are preparing for it's hype.

Also congratz on your 2-hand ubber kill VD. I was going to post in there, but it would be a copy pasta from this thread :') and i am glad you read it here.

Peace,

-Boem-

One reason people are flipping out about 2-handers may be because they were top of the heap for so long and now their toys aren't as powerful and they come crying. All the way to closed beta 2-hander builds were popular, so much that they had to be nerfed multiple times even before 1.2 patch change to the skill tree. It used to be that if you want a no brain spec and way of playing, just go 2 hander. They were so easy that FIRST TIME PLAYERS were able to build and spec a 2 hander and get to mapping with their first character. Try that with the old witch or shadow if you went caster. You probably died.

The cycle will change. 2-handers will be good again. GGG will probably overreact due to all the qq and whiners and make them so powerful that the dagger users will then come here crying just as much. People in general don't like others doing better than them and want to prevent it, even in situations like an arpg where it doesn't matter at all how the other person is doing. But you don't have to. For example, people who go MF get a TON more loot than I do. Should I then goto the forums and qq and cry about MF and demand for it to be nerfed? No. I will either make an MF character myself, or deal with not having one (I choose the latter). No crying needed.

You can be like me and others and go with the flow and adjust builds and specs in accordance to the changes in the game. Make a constructive post or two with solid reasons and that'll be listened to. But guess what will be ignored and despised? People like godkas who go to every thread, use hyperbole and sensationalism (like him keep on repeating 1mil dps build, when that wasn't a 1mil build with being one of the richest people on PoE and without using gimmicks...he keeps on forgetting to mention that. The top 0.00000001% can do a build that is OP? OH NOES!!!!).
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
"

One reason people are flipping out about 2-handers may be because they were top of the heap for so long and now their toys aren't as powerful and they come crying.

Two hands have only gotten stronger with each expansion. Everything else just got even better than that with all the powercreep of builds.

Last edited by kasub on Sep 23, 2014, 11:54:07 AM
"
Boem wrote:

Somebody suggested in an older thread that spectral throw should only work for 2H. Bam! What a great way to address this issue really easily. I'm sure there are some downsides to this, but the advantages seem predominant to me...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
treffnix wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Somebody suggested in an older thread that spectral throw should only work for 2H. Bam! What a great way to address this issue really easily. I'm sure there are some downsides to this, but the advantages seem predominant to me...

Restrictions like this is never the right solution. The great thing is about is how open so many abilities are.

This is like saying in the spork days, since spark on dual totems is so OP and faceroll, we will solve it by not allowing spark to be put on totems. A terrible solution.

An easy solution would be to tweak and lower slightly the crit rate on daggers. Done. You don't nerf 1-hand sword, claw, etc., spectral throws.

Of course all this hoopla about daggers is so funny. There are MORE OP builds with MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH higher dps potential than the typical dagger spectral throw based builds. But the mob of qq'ers are focused on daggers so every sheep must follow them. The example of the 1mil dps (which is not possible without outside help btw and gimmicks that would never be played in actual play) is not even close to the max dps of other builds.

But DAGGERS DAGGERS DAGGERS. Go at it!
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
"
Haderach99 wrote:

This is like saying in the spork days, since spark on dual totems is so OP and faceroll, we will solve it by not allowing spark to be put on totems. A terrible solution.

An easy solution would be to tweak and lower slightly the crit rate on daggers. Done. You don't nerf 1-hand sword, claw, etc., spectral throws.

Of course all this hoopla about daggers is so funny. There are MORE OP builds with MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH higher dps potential than the typical dagger spectral throw based builds. But the mob of qq'ers are focused on daggers so every sheep must follow them. The example of the 1mil dps (which is not possible without outside help btw and gimmicks that would never be played in actual play) is not even close to the max dps of other builds.

But DAGGERS DAGGERS DAGGERS. Go at it!

link to build?

let us know if its able to hit easily 300kdps and instant leech with acuity as well as be ranged
Last edited by Pepock on Sep 23, 2014, 3:44:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info