I guess that's it :( Bye.

Get Func MS-3 R2, it will feel like your hand is in heavens.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
I've said as much elsewhere. To me, it is now implicit that you should start over when there's a new league. Just like that. It is the only way to avoid grief, burnout, a sense of betrayal, futility...all the things that you will rightfully feel when the metagame fucks your hard work in the arse repeatedly.

As much as that is true, it also brings one of the biggest problems into light. You are right, the game is in many ways designed to be played in temporary leagues as you described above, yet, at the same time, it is also designed to be a game you can play for years on end in the same league, by actually playing the game, as opposed to trading simulator, in order to experience the full spectrum of the game.

So a regular player needs to stay a few years in the same league in order to experience the fullness of the game, while at the same time, the game is not well played that way for reasons you described.

One may think that a few years is a gross overstatement, but it really isn't, the game is that unrewarding. In fact it's so unrewarding i don't fathom how they don't see it. After now, what, a year, year and a half or how long it has been, there is still a very very small fraction of the playerbase that has gotten to experience the fullness of the game.

That leaves a very small audience of players who this game is really good for, when you have a game engineered for two conflicting ways of playing it. The trading people and the hardcore organized 24/7 gamer-achievers can possible achieve the fullness of the game in the short term leagues that the game is best for, and then there those who never really get into the endgame and just have fun redoing the earlier parts of the game, when the game is most rewarding. I would estimate that a good 3-6% of the potential playerbase at best, the rest will eventually get alienated, not because they've experienced the game and have exhausted it, but because they realize the game will never be good for them. That is a problem, because that spreads by word of mouth.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Sep 22, 2014, 2:07:59 PM
Tbh, switch the spectral character with the low-life gear and faceroll to 100 =)

You can't expect any playstyle to last in this game which is why I'm always playing something different every league xD
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Tbh, switch the spectral character with the low-life gear and faceroll to 100 =)

You can't expect any playstyle to last in this game which is why I'm always playing something different every league xD

well since his char is already 99 might as well just get it over with

i got an ideas though, anuhart, why not go cyclone? i facetank pretty much eveyrthing with my RT sword mara because of the life gain on hit and bloodrage combo, almost 30k cyclone tooltip with a sword thats the same as yours, its enough dps to clear everything and the life gain on hit is just crazy, but you do lose the ranged aspect...
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Sep 22, 2014, 3:20:28 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
low-life

"
VictorDoom wrote:
cyclone

Both good alternative ideas to grinding out the next 2 months to 100 in 73 maps.

If not for the little matter that I'd grind out the next 2 months in 73 maps for the regrets.

:)

As for the ranged aspect, a 2H thrower was only ever ranged against ranged mobs, when solo, the ST dps from a 2H was never enough that melee mobs weren't in fact in melee range with you as their one and only focus target.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 22, 2014, 8:13:21 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
low-life

"
VictorDoom wrote:
cyclone

Both good alternative ideas to grinding out the next 2 months to 100 in 73 maps.

If not for the little matter that I'd grind out the next 2 months in 73 maps for the regrets.

:)

Heh, dw bout it - just come back in 3 months when you get the free respec, you deserve a break =)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Taking away life and + max resistances from the left side of the tree while low lifers still run 9 auras is quite a big deal for me.

I am playing a sword guy and it feels like that I have to pick double as many damage/crit nodes as a shadow with a dagger had to in order to get decent dps. When doing so I still stay at half the overall damage of a dagger guy and end up with 2/3 of the survivability at best.

As the last patch buffed daggers, shadows and all other crit base weapons from the right side of the tree even more, I feel kinda stupid playing a duelist and having invested heavily into anything else than dagger/es gear (for melee, what I wanna play). Therefore barely playing anymore. When I log in it is mostly for some trades or master dailies or just idling in town and doing smth else. Game is screwed.
Last edited by LSN on Sep 22, 2014, 8:47:52 PM
They want the game to be hard. If you find a way to make it easy, expect to have that corrected. If you even know what "meta" means, you're likely not going to have fun by sticking to a single build and hoping it will play better and better and better. It wont. If it does, they'll change it.

They don't want players to get a single build and devote years of play to it. Quit it.
any online game permanence is out the window. best you can hope for is they dont fuck you over too hard with patches. im super casual but still play ladder because i will not invest too much into fleeting design or gear. actually i pretty much quit one month in when maps run out lol
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 22, 2014, 9:40:31 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They want the game to be hard. If you find a way to make it easy, expect to have that corrected. If you even know what "meta" means, you're likely not going to have fun by sticking to a single build and hoping it will play better and better and better. It wont. If it does, they'll change it.

They don't want players to get a single build and devote years of play to it. Quit it.

That is why daggers and shavs are dominating the game already forever and got relatively buffed even more compared to 2h or other non crit base 1h weapons or what?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info