I guess that's it :( Bye.

It's been niggling me for a few days, I tried to pull through it, but, at the end of the day, I can't really deny it, I'm not having fun any more.

I was hyped for Forsaken Masters, pre and post the expansion release, it was the only GGG-hyped-thing that I was on board with.

I entered FM with a lvl 99 solo-self-found. Oh how I was going to enjoy 99-100. Well that was before I knew that 2H life builds, as underdog as they were, were going to bare the brunt of the new forced meta.

Life nerfs, resist nerfs and absolutely stupid spike damage increases in end game maps and my lvl 99 godly geared, legacy Kaom's, sword Ranger is relegated to chewing at 73's as the highest content I dare do.

At first I thought I'll bite off 2% per day (which takes about 6+ hours) then play some other characters. I had some fun on the other characters but I found the only thing really keeping me here is masters. I normally play the game and level masters passively as I encounter them, but any long term investment I foresee in characters (the way I play) has just gone, it has to, every 4 months and now 3 months, the meta is so brutally forced that there is no place in PoE for long term character players.

So here I am, playing a game I want to enjoy, my characters and builds are obliterated every 3 months (a tiny amount of time in my play style), I don't know whether they will be repairable or completely obsolete. Character progression itself has just gone, there seems no point and when I realised for the last few hours all I've done (and am likely to do from now on) is flip white maps for master spawns, I just had to pull the plug.

What happens when they reach 8? I got the biggest shock when I asked myself that, here I am, doing something I don't enjoy, in a game I want to enjoy, and once I've done I'll look back at the last few weeks of grinding and hate the game, completely, fully. And to top it off, I'll not even have that to do any more.

TL;DR.

My play style isn't welcomed in PoE.
I'm doing content I don't enjoy.
And that content is finite.

And, not that it needs mentioned, desync is worse than ever, 60% fleet mods were not what I was expecting as improvements. This little number alone tells a lot about how much GGG care about improvements as far as desync is concerned. We are going backwards every 'expac'.

Spoiler
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Charan is probably right here, but you know, things are rarely simple. Once FM started, instead of respeccing some of my favorites I made another attempt at goddess scorned, using some fresh tools from FM and planning how to respec my other working chars as soon as I get an overview of new most efficient pathings to avoid screwing up. I did everything by the book, as far as I see.

Here's the thing.

What I did with my 99 wasn't wrong, without hindsight.

I mean, the build should work, it would work pre FM. There was no reason for it not to work, except, this..

-Higher level maps are now slightly harder than before.

...this one line in 1.2.0 notes, that was the only thing I got 'wrong'. And really, am I supposed to interpret that as 'slightly harder' (as written) or 'pre FM build crushing'.

Here's a VoD of this character in SotV, doing a 206% palace, which was a 161% alc.
I'll link the thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/955874

Not OP, pretty much 1 shot by off screen Igna, but so I should have been with the mods, clearing steadily with always present danger.

This character is like this with Exiles, Rares, Magics and trash, in a white 78 now.

That's what gets my beef, this particular meta shift was even hidden from us.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 30, 2014, 2:10:47 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Life nerfs, resist nerfs and absolutely stupid spike damage increases in end game maps and my lvl 99 godly geared, legacy Kaom's, sword Ranger is relegated to chewing at 73's as the highest content I dare do.

*world's smallest violin*

I dont' get this really, I'm doing lvl 73 maps with my 3k health CoC ST, not even close to dieing.

Anyway, have fun taking your break, because you will be back.

Try rerolling or new leagues, they canbring some new fresh perspectives to the game.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Sep 21, 2014, 4:48:19 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

but seriously
it's just burnout, Anu. no surprise considering the amount of hours you have played.
go get some air, put that English gaming wig in the dish washer, spend some time with the kids, and come back when you're ready to hit the 100 SSF world's first.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 21, 2014, 4:51:28 PM
Have a good break. You probably need it more than any other PoE player.

It was a good, inspirational run.

Take care of yourself and be well.
It's a pity. It's not good to attach yourself to one character because of the balance changes...

Good luck.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
the hardest working player in the game with the most integrity, a true warrior to the grind, old school.

Honestly Im struggling to find enthusiasm myself atm too, such a shame.
"
Did you seriously think anything they'd add would make grinding level 99 to level 100 (something GGG STILL wishes would take years) any easier or more enjoyable?

No.

I didn't want them to.

However, Charan, if you only knew the comparison between a life based 2H build pre FM and post, in end game, you'd know where I was coming from.

Your post, though, tells me you don't.

There was one line in 1.2.0 notes it reads..

-Higher level maps are now slightly harder than before.

Maybe you can use your contacts to get someone to elaborate on that rather uninformative line. I know the depth of it, I know how it affected non-shield, non-Lightning coil, non-MoM, solo 2H characters.

If you only knew how heavy handed that rather tame looking line was, again, you'd know where I was coming from.

But this is just one example of how the meta will be forced frequently and at great cost to longevity players like myself. It isn't fun, and fun is why I was here. I don't look forward to this every 3 months, 3 months isn't long, to me.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 21, 2014, 8:04:49 PM
"Character progression itself has just gone, there seems no point and when I realised for the last few hours all I've done (and am likely to do from now on) is flip white maps for master spawns, I just had to pull the plug."

This! As a soloist. I'm probably a very different player to Anuhart...not into creating my own builds and so forth, just rely on new content to keep me interested. But now that the new content for a soloist seems to be simply running thru maps as quickly as possible just to try and find a master with some boring (Catarina!) mission that gives me no drops and miniscule master progress, well, not sure I can keep my enthusiasm for this game going.

I've been limited to POE for last couple months since my PC fried with a power outage and this game only one my laptop can run adequately. But finally getting a brand new shiny PC shortly so will be intresting to see if I keep on with POE or if I will find something else. On one hand POE experience should be better returning to a big screen and faster performance, on the other hand, I'm not sure how much more master missions I can handle.

"
Odoakar wrote:
"

I dont' get this really, I'm doing lvl 73 maps with my 3k health CoC ST, not even close to dieing.

Try rerolling or new leagues, they canbring some new fresh perspectives to the game.

Pretty much this. If you can't do higher than 73 maps with a legacy kaom and godly gear then I can only conclude you play terribly or your build really needs some reworking.

I don't care how weak you think two hand builds are. It's a very simple task to do all kinds of maps with even budget two hand builds.

Last edited by kasub on Sep 21, 2014, 8:45:24 PM
"
kasub wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
"

Pretty much this. If you can't do higher than 73 maps with a legacy kaom and godly gear then I can only conclude you play terribly or your build really needs some reworking.

I don't care how weak you think two hand builds are. It's a very simple task to do all kinds of maps with even budget two hand builds.

Oh it isn't a case of can't, lol.

It's a case of the probability of unmitigatable, lethal spike damage for a 2H life build that can put out even sub par damage, in anything above 73 maps is such that progression will be in the negative.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 21, 2014, 8:40:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info