I guess that's it :( Bye.

Congrats on reaching 99. 99-100 is a huge task though and the quickest way to burn yourself out and hate the game.

What does your two hand build use for mitigation? I imagine you could simply avoid lethal map combinations and do fine. You can even skip bosses which are not huge on XP anyways. I just assumed you were those typical massive regen/armor tanks that are unphased by most maps.

Of course you should stop playing if you're not having fun, it is a game afterall. So best of luck elsewhere!
Last edited by kasub on Sep 21, 2014, 8:46:38 PM
"
kasub wrote:
Congrats on reaching 99. 99-100 is a huge task though and the quickest way to burn yourself out and hate the game.

What does your two hand build use for mitigation? I imagine you could simply avoid lethal map combinations and do fine.

Piety can hit me for over 6K with a lightning warp take off, in a white map.
Courtyard leaper boss can 1 shot me in a blue map and probably a white with sync issues.

Have you tried a 2H, BM, Kaom's build in FM? One thing they had, while being low on damage, was the ability to survive most desyncs. Any desync now is almost guaranteed death. 2 trash skeletons in a white map can and will cut through 8k+ hp in a desync before you even know you are desynced. Vomit birds with no corpses to eat will show you what melee means, in no uncertain terms.

This wouldn't be too bad, if 2H had damage, I mean glass cannon is probably the most effective defence there is right now outside full block, spell block, LC roflemeta. But 2H has neither survival nor deeps now, no mater how much life nor how GG the gear.
Casually casual.

I'm not really sure why you equate any of that to FM, enemies did not get a damage buff. I have never seen piety do 6k damage from a lightning warp, I'm actually tempted to just stand and do her now to test that out since I'm sure she did 2k at most with her warp.

As for two white skeletons going through 8k HP in a split moment of desync.. that's not possible even with 0 armor/regen. You said white map so I can't say it could be possible in a triple damage map.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 21, 2014, 9:03:35 PM
"
kasub wrote:
I'm not really sure why you equate any of that to FM, enemies did not get a damage buff. I have never seen piety do 6k damage from a lightning warp, I'm actually tempted to just stand and do her now to test that out since I'm sure she did 2k at most with her warp.

They did, lol.

Massively so. It's magnified by the rather large effective health hit that we got.

This is the line from 1.2.0 notes.

-Higher level maps are now slightly harder than before.

I didn't see it at first, I'd said to several people that nothing was adding up. I'd factored in a slight armour hit, I'd factored in a life hit, I'd factored in +max resists hit and even regen. I was taking damage that was far out of line with what these alone should have shown. I honestly thought there were bugs and expected hotfixes.

Then someone told me about this line and it all made sense.

"
kasub wrote:
As for two white skeletons going through 8k HP in a split moment of desync.. that's not possible even with 0 armor/regen. You said white map so I can't say it could be possible in a triple damage map.

Believe me, 2 white colossal skellies in a white 78 map will kill a no block, no EV ~9k armour, 8k life 2Her quicker than you can say Forsaken Masters, if you stand there.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 21, 2014, 9:23:43 PM
So I went and tested shrine piety on one of my standard characters. I took around 14 lightning warps. Character has 4563 HP, 75 lightning res, and 30% mitigation from MoM(keystone, not armor)

Lightning warp has a big range of damage so I got many results. The lowest amount of damage I took was 300, the highest with a crit was 1600. Since those were mitigated by MoM you multiply them by 1.3 for 390 and 2080 respectively.

Here is the highest damage I took from a non crit lightning warp.
Spoiler

I was running around her testing this out for over 15 minutes before I got bored and killed her. You can probably try this out yourself with one of your many characters. She definitely can not do 6k with her warp in normal circumstances. I assume it was a visual bug where the herald/lightning ball didn't show and it was what killed you.

Edit: Ok, you meant colossal skellies. Yup they have the highest base DPS of any enemy.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 21, 2014, 9:42:02 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Did you seriously think anything they'd add would make grinding level 99 to level 100 (something GGG STILL wishes would take years) any easier or more enjoyable?

No.

I didn't want them to.

However, Charan, if you only knew the comparison between a life based 2H build pre FM and post, in end game, you'd know where I was coming from.

Your post, though, tells me you don't.

There was one line in 1.2.0 notes it reads..

-Higher level maps are now slightly harder than before.

Maybe you can use your contacts to get someone to elaborate on that rather uninformative line. I know the depth of it, I know how it affected non-shield, non-Lightning coil, non-MoM, solo 2H characters.

If you only knew how heavy handed that rather tame looking line was, again, you'd know where I was coming from.

But this is just one example of how the meta will be forced frequently and at great cost to longevity players like myself. It isn't fun, and fun is why I was here. I don't look forward to this every 3 months, 3 months isn't long, to me.

I'm sure my 2H life based scion sucks compared to whatever you have/had, but I totally can relate. I used to have almost 5K like and did 22K dps, then with vaal expansion it was down to 4K like and 18Kdps, then I got it back up to 4600 life and 20Kdps, now with FM back down to 4500 life and 15K dps....totally shit all over my toon and my hard work.
"
kasub wrote:
I was running around her testing this out for over 15 minutes before I got bored and killed her. You can probably try this out yourself with one of your many characters. She definitely can not do 6k with her warp in normal circumstances. I assume it was a visual bug where the herald/lightning ball didn't show and it was what killed you.

I think you just didn't get that high rolled crit, myself.

Edit and wouldn't that 1600 = 2286?
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 21, 2014, 10:11:04 PM
If you can replicate it then go ahead. Her damage range is big but that just means she very often does next to no damage(many warps in the 300-600 range). The ones I got with high damage are the upper limits of what warp can do.

I can test this out for another 30 minutes but I see no point, 14 warps is a big enough sample size. Try it out yourself and you'll see that her warp can not do anywhere near 6k.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 21, 2014, 10:04:53 PM
You either steamroll POE or POE will steamroll you. If you are overgeared, you live. If not, you insta-splat.

I've been enjoying the gameplay of Torchlight 2, which offers more opportunity for being strategic, while maintaining fast-enough paced gameplay. For instance, a boss fight might last 5 minutes, in which time you'll be using your defensive abilities, healing, spamming decoys, and putting down enough dps to take down the boss. This is very different from POE, where for instance, you run into Cremetorium map boss, hit ruby flask, and hope she doesn't crit in the 5-10 seconds it takes to kill her.

Last edited by beefnuggy on Sep 21, 2014, 10:08:46 PM
"
beefnuggy wrote:
You either steamroll POE or POE will steamroll you. If you are overgeared, you live. If not, you insta-splat.

I've been enjoying the gameplay of Torchlight 2, which offers more opportunity for being strategic, while maintaining fast-enough paced gameplay. For instance, a boss fight might last 5 minutes, in which time you'll be using your defensive abilities, healing, spamming decoys, and putting down enough dps to take down the boss. This is very different from POE, where for instance, you run into Cremetorium map boss, hit ruby flask, and hope she doesn't crit in the 5-10 seconds it takes to kill her.

Reminds me of my first attempt at palace dominus right at launch.

I thought I'd take a low dps ranger in there and have an epic battle of strategy and endurance with him. 30 mins into the first phase, after making a miscreation carpet to be proud of, at <20% health, he ported down to the door and got stuck.

That was that idea put to bed.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info