Marauder now the least wanted class.

"
Hayrich wrote:
When I think Marauder I think of a preferentially tanky, beefy melee character who jumps into the thick of things, and go all wacko.

Now he just isn't that. I find myself running at the first sign of trouble.

That's kind of your fault.

Build your marauder more tanky.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I lol'd at people saying duelist is weak. Rolled a character this weekend that's now level 80 with 5000hp and 100 000 Cleave dps
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
I lol'd at people saying duelist is weak. Rolled a character this weekend that's now level 80 with 5000hp and 100 000 Cleave dps

lol'd at people saying witch isnt overpowerd, i rolled a character this weekend thats now lvl 80 with 9k energy shield and 200k dps
To be fair, I hate what they did to the left side of the Marauder starting area.

Before I could get Blood Drinker by spending just 1 Skill Point, on a normal/effective pathing, for 2% Physical Life Leech. Now they moved that to the Shadow area (and included an amazing 8% HP on top of it along with 2x6% HP nodes before and after for good measure) and the Marauder's new version of it, Lust for Carnage, costs us 4 Skill points for 3% Physical Life Leech while providing with some useless life on hit/kill (seriously, values are so low they aren't noticeable even if rushing the cluster at low level), not to mention at least 4 10xSTR nodes with nothing interesting around (unless you are going for the 7 Endurance Charges I suppose) making it 8 Skill Points for 3% Life Leech most of the time... I even stopped rushing Resoluthe Technique on characters that profit from it because how poor the pathing on that area is (I get to it later, passing by the Duelist and Crossing the Scyon's life wheel).

I was waiting for an improvement of that cluster (it used to be even worse) for so long, but didn't imagine it would be such a poor rework and that it would cost us getting Blood Drinker away from Marauders :_(
Last edited by Kaemonarch on Sep 23, 2014, 4:46:21 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Hayrich wrote:
When I think Marauder I think of a preferentially tanky, beefy melee character who jumps into the thick of things, and go all wacko.

Now he just isn't that. I find myself running at the first sign of trouble.

That's kind of your fault.

Build your marauder more tanky.

But if I start as Duelist I can get more HP, damage and... actually you can get more of everything if you start as duelist. I recently was theorizing a Kaom build and Duelist is just plain better start, you always get more hp by avoiding Marauder area and investing in alternatives like the scion wheel, Templar clustera, heck even going so close to marauder as trough bloodless life cluster and you are still better off not traveling into the Marauder start.
IGN: Smegacore
"
battled wrote:
heck even going so close to marauder as trough bloodless life cluster and you are still better off not traveling into the Marauder start.

To be fair, thats what I was planning on doing on my Duelist, wasn't sure about getting Bloodless, but was sure I wouldn't get into the Marauder area if I did.
I guess only reason to be a Marauder nowadays is for the Life Regen if you are going RF.
Last edited by Kaemonarch on Sep 23, 2014, 5:01:25 AM
only reason to play mara is 2h phyical or any form of high str ironwill
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
there is literally no reason to go marauder right now

well unless youre into big shirtless dudes I guess
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
I really hope doesn't take the wrong step here and nerf all the other classes to make marauder stand out. The other classes are mostly fine, marauder simply needs a buff on their area nodes
"
Xantaria wrote:
Nobody plays Marauder anymore.

5 Marauders in top 100 on Beyond.

1 Marauder in top 100 in Rampage.

/discuss

Up this to make sure GGG will read it
CROSS-LEAGUE TRADING: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1418564

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info