Gottron wrote:
"
Xantaria wrote:
Nobody plays Marauder anymore.

5 Marauders in top 100 on Beyond.

1 Marauder in top 100 in Rampage.

/discuss

Up this to make sure GGG will read it

It will just be a matter of time before GGG regret what they did to weaken the marauder.

A brief history for those who are still relatively new to POE. Marauder used to be the most popular class because it was seen as a 'default character' as well as being the most overpowered character with all the essential nodes in the game all in his starting cluster.

Marauder was already balanced some time ago but POE further brought it down for it was still a very viable character for overgeared players as the bonus maximum resistances were still lucrative to have.

Now, if anyone were to play marauder, even if he is doing well, is like playing a character with an empty skilltree
"
"
Insomniask wrote:
i hate both marauders and ranges cuz they are so ugly, i just hate it. marauder walks like a disabled rabbit. ranger looks like a lesbo which made a gender transformation from man to "woman". gross

You can only change your hatred from within.

Not if it is Vaal Hatred.
A Belligerent Expert System
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
Gottron wrote:
"
Xantaria wrote:
Nobody plays Marauder anymore.

5 Marauders in top 100 on Beyond.

1 Marauder in top 100 in Rampage.

/discuss

Up this to make sure GGG will read it

It will just be a matter of time before GGG regret what they did to weaken the marauder.

A brief history for those who are still relatively new to POE. Marauder used to be the most popular class because it was seen as a 'default character' as well as being the most overpowered character with all the essential nodes in the game all in his starting cluster.

Marauder was already balanced some time ago but POE further brought it down for it was still a very viable character for overgeared players as the bonus maximum resistances were still lucrative to have.

Now, if anyone were to play marauder, even if he is doing well, is like playing a character with an empty skilltree
they tried to boost this side of the tree with max resists, but quickly backed down.

marauder should get a large boost to life/armour at least. the main reason left side of the tree is a dusty corner because all the crit is on the right side.

as the game gets to the point where great gear is easier to get than ever and leveling to 100 is easier than ever...and actual crafting...going non-crit is simply makes you toon not scalable in most cases.
Last edited by grepman on Nov 25, 2014, 3:13:24 AM
"
My 6 marauders would like to have a word with you.

Also, top 100 doesnt mean much especially in temp leagues.

Top 100 means a lot.
Especially on temp leagues. This is where the new marauders are. We are not talking about the 2012 Mara of softcore..
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Rampage top 100: 12 Shadows, 25 Rangers (!) and 47 Witches (!!!). Thanks GGG for ruining the whole left side of the tree.
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
Last edited by Weißenberg on Nov 25, 2014, 8:03:16 AM
With the re-work of templar and duelist areas I hope the situation dont get even worst :(
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
"
Varana wrote:
"
LSN wrote:

For ppl like me who like to play these life classes, this is a reason to not play anymore that much at all. Everybody who newly rolls a life class, especially a life based marauder, duelist or templar (left side) can be rightfully called stupid.

Or it could just be that, y'know, we like playing things other than crit casters.
Not playing the most OP build doesn't make you stupid. It means your character is probably not as powerful as others. And? So?

Thank You! Honestly dont understand why so many people have the mentality of (only builds doing over 1million dps are good enough for maps.)

"
Mivo wrote:
"
Varana wrote:

Not playing the most OP build doesn't make you stupid. It means your character is probably not as powerful as others. And? So?

"Not as powerful as others" and "clearly inferior to others" aren't quite the same. I can see how it is fun-killing if you prefer certain kinds of builds, or a playstyle, and they get their HP and defenses gutted, and on top do substantially less damage than FOTM builds.

Most of us can "play" the game of IRL if we want to feel inferior or settle for mediocrity.

tif you honestly feel forced to play a build because its the FOTM .. thats your problem

whats the difference between GGG forcing you to change your build by nerfing crit or just playing a build that does not involve Crit?

(answer:self control... you don't have any. No one who complains that they are forced to play crit and all other builds suck has self control it seems.)

Yes crit is unbalanced but instead of saying all the other builds suck and only fools would play them/ and asking for crit to be nerfed .. why not just play one of the builds you are insulting so strongly.

do you really mean to tell me that a 75k dps skill isnt enough to wreck your way through most maps? why does clearing a map 1 minute faster make you compelled to feel that all other builds are obsolete and garbage compared?
Last edited by ZaruenKosai on Nov 25, 2014, 2:36:58 PM
The Mara's defining keystones (BM, US, RT) are pretty much all utter trash in theeta right now. Even if you start Mara you're probably intending to go somewhere else anyway, and it will be more efficient to start there.

Mara doesn't just need a tree overhaul. If crit and armor mechanics aren't re-worked throughout Tue game that area of the tree will continue to be sad.
"
ObscureBalrog wrote:
With the re-work of templar and duelist areas I hope the situation dont get even worst :(

If those areas are good enough, there's additional potential for a mara to get to both. Honestly their weak point is that armor is not the current meta.
"
Barivius wrote:
"
ObscureBalrog wrote:

If those areas are good enough, there's additional potential for a mara to get to both. Honestly their weak point is that armor is not the current meta. was never much good in the first place.

FTFY
Last edited by RogueMage on Nov 25, 2014, 3:05:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info