Marauder now the least wanted class.

"
Peterlerock wrote:
Marauder start is just a bit too generic, it lacks style and character.

That's exactly my feeling about marauder this season. It is maybe too weak for some, too strong for other, for sure it is too "normal"

I would like to have more dedicated key stone for marauder. Things that show that we are in the marauder skill tree area. It will give more personality to it.

For the duelist you have master of the arena for example, by the witch you have lord of the dead etc.... For the marauder you have born to fight that give +20% melee but it does not look special.

It is maybe just a feeling but maybe not

"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:
"
ObscureBalrog wrote:
With the re-work of templar and duelist areas I hope the situation dont get even worst :(

If those areas are good enough, there's additional potential for a mara to get to both. Honestly their weak point is that armor is not the current meta. was never much good in the first place.

FTFY

It was only two leagues ago everyone took iron reflexes. The most chosen node on the whole tree turned evasion into armor. That was after a nerf to it.
-
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Nov 25, 2014, 4:48:29 PM
"
Barivius wrote:
"
RogueMage wrote:

If those areas are good enough, there's additional potential for a mara to get to both. Honestly their weak point is that armor is not the current meta. was never much good in the first place.

It was only two leagues ago everyone took iron reflexes. The most chosen node on the whole tree turned evasion into armor. That was after a nerf to it.

That's because Evasion was even less effective than Armor, so "everyone" just figured, why not convert it into something at least halfway useful...
"
Kaemonarch wrote:
To be fair, I hate what they did to the left side of the Marauder starting area.

Before I could get Blood Drinker by spending just 1 Skill Point, on a normal/effective pathing, for 2% Physical Life Leech. Now they moved that to the Shadow area (and included an amazing 8% HP on top of it along with 2x6% HP nodes before and after for good measure) and the Marauder's new version of it, Lust for Carnage, costs us 4 Skill points for 3% Physical Life Leech while providing with some useless life on hit/kill (seriously, values are so low they aren't noticeable even if rushing the cluster at low level), not to mention at least 4 10xSTR nodes with nothing interesting around (unless you are going for the 7 Endurance Charges I suppose) making it 8 Skill Points for 3% Life Leech most of the time... I even stopped rushing Resoluthe Technique on characters that profit from it because how poor the pathing on that area is (I get to it later, passing by the Duelist and Crossing the Scyon's life wheel).

I was waiting for an improvement of that cluster (it used to be even worse) for so long, but didn't imagine it would be such a poor rework and that it would cost us getting Blood Drinker away from Marauders :_(

Pretty much this, its just a boring area, feels stale, nothing exciting, wasted points all over, and theres shadow as you mentioned with phys attack lifeleech linked to health% which is a smack in the face to marauder ;s

If people want some perspective just open the passive tree now and look at the 13 points from each corner along the border, I didnt include keystones in this or the nodes after CI

Minion instability to pain attunement (13points)
- branches off to 20 passive wheels
- access to more life nodes

Resolute technique to mind over matter (13 points)
- branches off to 16 passive wheels
- Home of in my opinion one of the worst sets of passive wheels in the game the Riddle of steel and Reckless Abandon nodes to the right of iron grip, dont think I've ever seen a build that takes those...oh and just next to that just as bad is cloth and chain anoth.... you get the point :)

"
Gottron wrote:
"
Xantaria wrote:
Nobody plays Marauder anymore.

5 Marauders in top 100 on Beyond.

1 Marauder in top 100 in Rampage.

/discuss

Did you see what ggg and their balance team done with marauder?
Now its just little bit life and nothing special... even duelist have more specific and unique big notable nodes then marauder.

They just ruin that char. What we can say? Nice balance as always!

Fixed it for you! POE really is a fun game and the gfx team did a great job too but I'm not even sure if they have a balance team.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Check my Profile.

I think I took a screenie of him as lvl 1, that would be perfect; but I lost it somewhere.

Anyways, I think Marauder position still has potential... just not the way it was used before.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Nov 25, 2014, 7:23:14 PM
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Gottron wrote:
"
Xantaria wrote:
Nobody plays Marauder anymore.

5 Marauders in top 100 on Beyond.

1 Marauder in top 100 in Rampage.

/discuss

Did you see what ggg and their balance team done with marauder?
Now its just little bit life and nothing special... even duelist have more specific and unique big notable nodes then marauder.

They just ruin that char. What we can say? Nice balance as always!

Fixed it for you! POE really is a fun game and the gfx team did a great job too but I'm not even sure if they have a balance team.

Agree with You, Marauder was ruined hard and must get back in game with nice buff, as they did to the Shadow area tree.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
I don't think Marauder is really weak.
His starting zone is just bland/generic/boring. I find myself investing almost no points there, and/or completly ignoring it with other characters.

This is how I deal with his starting zone in most builds: take the life nodes and then gtfo. To the outer highway at Templar and/or the Scion/Duelist Area, completly ignoring the area between RT and Iron Grip (except for maybe the onehanded crit stuff).

In his start, the whole upper half (damage/attackspeed) is super boring and doesn't contain any strong nodes in terms of "value:cost". The onehanded/twohanded nodes are mediocre, and lead to additional point investment once you want to exit his starting zone through them.

The lower half consists of armor (better ignore), resists (get on gear) and life. Even the life nodes are not particularly good, but it's life, so better take it, I guess.

There's only one unique node in the whole start: reduced crit damage taken. But it's hidden in between these resist an armor nodes, so... meh.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Nov 27, 2014, 3:31:47 AM
Agreed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info