Marauder now the least wanted class.

"
Krayken wrote:

p.s: I needa add one thing. While 2hand weapons are making your charackters too weak, they are not the key to the problem at all. The problem is that these high crit high attack speed weapons are ridiculously overpowered. I play frequently with ppl who got 450k+ reave (AoE) dps. The same build with a one hand sword, axe or mace would probably leave you at best with 100-150k dps, if at all. All this is a matter of heavily nerfing crit and the weapon categories who provide these heave crit stuff in the first place before buffing 2 hands. This has been said several times and as many times consequently been ignored by GGG.

It's not that they ignore you, they just take too long to implement balance changes. For example, the shadow and witch tree, as well as ES/CI based and spell casters in general were god awful and needed these giant sweeping changes back in NEMESIS, which was what, 8 months ago? It took them like 8 months to fix something that was obviously too weak.
Last edited by ShiyoKozuki on Sep 20, 2014, 11:40:38 AM
"
ShiyoKozuki wrote:

It's not that they ignore you, they just take too long to implement balance changes. For example, the shadow and witch tree, as well as ES/CI based and spell casters in general were god awful and needed these giant sweeping changes back in NEMESIS, which was what, 8 months ago? It took them like 8 months to fix something that was obviously too weak.

I actually believe, or speculate, that the overpowered/underpowered cycle is deliberate. At least, it's not an unwelcome side-effect of things taking time. In MMOs, and MMO-like games (which PoE certainly is), rerolling is an important part of the "content". It's great to stretch content (people have to level a new character or acquire gear again), and it's even useful in temporary leagues because people will play different classes, builds, playstyles, and they'll use new (to them) skills and setups, all of which feels fresh (to a degree and for a while anyway).

GGG knew the Witch would be too strong this league, because in one of the videos they said that they need to be mindful of this not becoming a season of the Witch. They knew, and did it anyway, and that's why we now have over 30% Witches in both challenge leagues.

The "rerolling is content" philosophy is actually sound. The game would become stale much faster without these constant, substantial changes, buffs, and nerfs. It's also more resource-friendly.
Marauder start is just a bit too generic, it lacks style and character.

But I'll always play my Marauders, they are the manliest men in this game.
They look like The Rock. 'Nuff said.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
LSN wrote:

For ppl like me who like to play these life classes, this is a reason to not play anymore that much at all. Everybody who newly rolls a life class, especially a life based marauder, duelist or templar (left side) can be rightfully called stupid.

Or it could just be that, y'know, we like playing things other than crit casters.
Not playing the most OP build doesn't make you stupid. It means your character is probably not as powerful as others. And? So?
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
"
Varana wrote:

Not playing the most OP build doesn't make you stupid. It means your character is probably not as powerful as others. And? So?

"Not as powerful as others" and "clearly inferior to others" aren't quite the same. I can see how it is fun-killing if you prefer certain kinds of builds, or a playstyle, and they get their HP and defenses gutted, and on top do substantially less damage than FOTM builds.

Most of us can "play" the game of IRL if we want to feel inferior or settle for mediocrity.
"
Mivo wrote:
I can see how it is fun-killing if you prefer certain kinds of builds, or a playstyle, and they get their HP and defenses gutted, and on top do substantially less damage than FOTM builds.

That's a different matter. It's very annoying to find a build you've coined yourself suddenly no longer works because of some "balance" issue enabling a few top-end players to faceroll content even more easily than usual - especially if you aren't playing something overly powerful. It's as though your driving test was "rebalanced" assuming every driver was in a turbo-charged Humvee.

I agree it's annoying to be shut out of content because without X FotM build using Y and Z uniques I'll never do Uber Atziri, but after a little while I just ignore that part of the game anyway. It doesn't exist to me, so why worry about it?
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
I agree. It seems that it has been neglected a bit.

I'm sure that GGG will do something about it.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
"
Mivo wrote:
"
Varana wrote:

"Not as powerful as others" and "clearly inferior to others" aren't quite the same. I can see how it is fun-killing if you prefer certain kinds of builds, or a playstyle, and they get their HP and defenses gutted, and on top do substantially less damage than FOTM builds.

Most of us can "play" the game of IRL if we want to feel inferior or settle for mediocrity.

I'm sorry that not everyone plays the game to be the very best there ever was. A lot of people play the game to have some enjoyable pass time while waiting for something or enjoying it with friends. We make some crazy random build and improvise on the fly. We know we won't be super uber endgame farmers, so we don't care. We play the game for what it was meant to be, FUN. Something the hyper competitiveness that has overwhelming the gaming scene over the past decade or so seems to have forgotten.
I'd like to see the day when they'll change the armour to make it the same way as elemental/chaos resistance.

If xx% of physical resistance was allways at the same rate instead of depending of how hard you're hit then marauder would be more interesting.

But apparently it's logical in the eyes of the team that a truck hitting armour should be far less resisted than a punch but that the almighty god heaven lightning strike of 12312312321 damage should be resisted in the same amount than a 5 damage by spark.

Armour is useless for small hit since there is the life leech mitigation as well as the max.life oriented build and useless for big hit since there's this dumb logic of diminushing return based on how much damage you take which make yet again the max.life oriented build the only way to go.
"
blademyth wrote:
I'm sorry that not everyone plays the game to be the very best there ever was. A lot of people play the game to have some enjoyable pass time while waiting for something or enjoying it with friends.

This is really irrelevant to this topic, and irrelevant to what I said. Please re-read my post and the post it was in response to.

I do not play FOTM builds either, and in fact, these days I roll my own builds, which are good and cheap, but never "the best". But we're discussing game balance here, and what the 1.2 changes did to it. This doesn't mean you can't play an inferior build or have fun spending two hours clearing Tropical Island, if you choose to do so. But not everyone chose to have their defenses and HP gutted, and then learn that they now also do less damage than the builds who aren't negatively affected by those changes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info