[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

I'm already starting to think i got really lucky the first time, tried few more atziri runs and havent managed to kill her again. :(

Dps is quite good but the survivability seems to be lacking at higher level maps- 76-78. Took me 2 days to go from lvl 85-86 because i kept dying lol.
Last edited by Gunteraz on Jul 20, 2015, 11:52:45 PM
Great Leveling Item I found is the new Abberath's Horn. I'm Currently about level 20 with two of these wands. For a perfect roll on the % Fire damage and the +X-X Fire damage to spells It brought my early dps from approx 20 to right about 100....At level 7. They are extremely cheap as well, The perfect roll and a near perfect roll cost me about ~1 alch on Warbands. Would love to see this added to the guide as a early unique as Apep's Rage on warbands is currently ~2.5 Exalt.
Strong build. Im easy mode-ing map 68-74 so far. 10.5k tooltip on 4link. Started spec'ing some crit after level 70. Sitting at 39% crit chance when summoning totems.
"
mrbawjangles wrote:
Strong build. Im easy mode-ing map 68-74 so far. 10.5k tooltip on 4link. Started spec'ing some crit after level 70. Sitting at 39% crit chance when summoning totems.

Thanks for the feedback man :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
where do you get the dex for faster proj?

EDIT: LOVING the build so far aswell!
Last edited by anikma2 on Jul 21, 2015, 9:39:50 PM

I literally have no clue where to go from here.My elemental resistances are overcapped 110/99/101 my dps is 28,733 with HOT 27,549 w/o but i choose not to use most of the time and my hp is 5667 + 872es or 4930 if i use HOT.
So, Where do i go from here? What should i get that would improve me the most?
Last edited by Nordicmisst on Jul 21, 2015, 10:42:07 PM
"
Daowna wrote:
So I'm currently level 79 running off this build in the Tempest League. Just going to give my thoughts/experience with it.

I have a 4 Link Infernal mantle and the 40-60% increased spell damage gem (lol bloodmagic).

I got a 40% proj wand (don't use the gem in my 4L) with cast speed, added lighting damage to spells and +% fire damage. Past that, my gear is focused on armor, high health and resists. I also have a lioneye's shield to help with the armor and health part. Flame Totem DPS is listed right at 9.5k at the moment (level 18 gems).

I've been running through level 70 maps trying to build up a decent pool. I found maps much more enjoyable running solo since I am more able to dictate mob movement with totem placement and things usually get absolutely melted when it's just me (flame totem with only 4 links lol).

The build is super budget friendly and allows the user to clear maps REALLY quickly. Admittedly I was able to bum off infernal mantle and lioneye's from friends that had them drop, so I've probably spent about 5 chaos orbs on this build which is pretty hilarious for how fast it is.

The only down-swing I'd say is if you're running in a high pace group you are limited by the time it takes to run up and get your totems in place. I'd rather not be the first up in the pack (though the build is decently tanky) so mobs are usually significantly damaged before you're able to get in position and get set up. So I would say Totem Placement speed is kind of a big deal for later on in map running with groups.

Also totem duration I think is a under-hyped trait for totems. The ease of mind to drop totems in a boss room and let them go to work for an extended amount of time is pretty valuable, rather than having to worry about running up every so often to refresh, thus losing DPS and putting yourself in a dangerous position more often.

So this is what i have to look forward to. I am at 56 level.
I spent quite a bit on gearing up at cruel high gate and managed to get myself an infernal mantle for 5C.
sitting at 2.9k health ( 2.7k after bm clarity) and about 2.6k+ dps) kinda went for the chaos resist + life nodes..... not sure what i can do here because i am relying on that 1% life leech to refill flasks...

My gear
Spoiler

resists are capped and i am at 48% physical dmg reduction
running AA, Herald of Thunder , Clarity on BM and flame golem.

Its gonna be a while before i 5L this thing

I am not sure what good is this crit on my wand...
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Jul 22, 2015, 1:19:01 AM
How do you get a vaal haste? I tried vaal orb on my haste and I think it just failed.

Also if lets say it becomes a vaal haste, does the gem stay at that gem level forever?

So does that mean I should level up haste to a high level gem then vaal it for a chance to get vaal haste?
"
anikma2 wrote:
where do you get the dex for faster proj?

There is one 30+ DEX node in easy reach and one other 30+ DEX node that require spending an extra point in +10 INT.

My issues is I use double Moku rings and don't want to give them up. So my resistance suffered. I ended up using sub-optimal armour pieces to get back to normal max resist, but it meant my armour value sucks.

And this means I had to spend 3 points to get enough Dex instead of getting Dex on gear. As you know, stat rolls compete with resist rolls. So since I have tri-resist gear I can't get Dex in them.
The belt helped at least...
"
mist4lyf wrote:
How do you get a vaal haste? I tried vaal orb on my haste and I think it just failed.

Also if lets say it becomes a vaal haste, does the gem stay at that gem level forever?

So does that mean I should level up haste to a high level gem then vaal it for a chance to get vaal haste?

Vaal orbing is one way of getting it, other one is finding it in a "Vaal Vessle" or whatever it's called that you find in corrupted areas (Special areas within other areas that you can find sometimes).

No the gem doesn't stay the same level, it functions just as any other skill gem, you can level it, or de-level it using scouring orb. You can also add gemcutter's prisms to it (Although that would be a waste on vaal haste as it only increases it's area of effect).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info