[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Blackdepp wrote:
I don't like the fact, that we "waste" the energyshield from infernal mantel.

Then by all means don't use an Infernal Mantle. If you decide against that I suggest using mana instead of blood magic :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Why using Lioneye's? I think a rare shield with tri res, life and about 800 armor+ is much better and even then not really expensive.
i think that's the time for me to decide where i want this build to go.
i have to respec out of totemic zeal since i went for it before knowing it was useless (well 45% placement speed and 40% duration isn't that bad).
i don't think going in that direction after constitution just to get to sentinel is worth it without totemic zeal though.
my equip is kinda meh right now so i don't know how much res from the tree i need but i think diamond skin could be an easy fix until i get better gear.
go for more jewel slots? as unique jewels go after clear mind i can see only a couple interesting ones, but i see how good rares could be if rolled right. of course the effect would be pointless if i have to waste too many points in order to get the slots.
more endurance charges? i'm using a 5l infernal mantle and enduring cry + immortal call is what saves me in a bad situation.
should i go for crit for an end game scenario?
regarding item trades: i don't check the forum often so don't send me PMs about the items i have for sale, just add me ingame and contact me when i'm online.

i'm usually online for a few hours after 20.00 UTC and a lot more during weekends.
just ripped mine bcoz of sudden dc!!!
been follow ur build, its totally a blast especially on my first character in new leagues. so easy, so cheap to start with. i cant believe it happen so fast.
I've been following this build, and i still have crappy gear, lv 40 atm. I can survive really good, but my dmg is low, only 400 dps. I'm following the tree like in the guide, dont know what i'm doing wrong :/. I was able to kill malachai in normal, but it took me 5 min or so :D
I have been following this guide as well. Level 56 Marauder in standard, 3k+ dps per totem with a 3l setting (faster cast, faster proj, flame totem)

For all of those in early levels and low DPS, try using a +2 level to fire gems staff such as searing touch, it helps a lot in lower levels. I am planning on ditching searing touch as soon as i can use an infernal mantle.

Great guide, beginner friendly and very strong (...so far).
So I'm currently level 79 running off this build in the Tempest League. Just going to give my thoughts/experience with it.

I have a 4 Link Infernal mantle and the 40-60% increased spell damage gem (lol bloodmagic).

I got a 40% proj wand (don't use the gem in my 4L) with cast speed, added lighting damage to spells and +% fire damage. Past that, my gear is focused on armor, high health and resists. I also have a lioneye's shield to help with the armor and health part. Flame Totem DPS is listed right at 9.5k at the moment (level 18 gems).

I've been running through level 70 maps trying to build up a decent pool. I found maps much more enjoyable running solo since I am more able to dictate mob movement with totem placement and things usually get absolutely melted when it's just me (flame totem with only 4 links lol).

The build is super budget friendly and allows the user to clear maps REALLY quickly. Admittedly I was able to bum off infernal mantle and lioneye's from friends that had them drop, so I've probably spent about 5 chaos orbs on this build which is pretty hilarious for how fast it is.

The only down-swing I'd say is if you're running in a high pace group you are limited by the time it takes to run up and get your totems in place. I'd rather not be the first up in the pack (though the build is decently tanky) so mobs are usually significantly damaged before you're able to get in position and get set up. So I would say Totem Placement speed is kind of a big deal for later on in map running with groups.

Also totem duration I think is a under-hyped trait for totems. The ease of mind to drop totems in a boss room and let them go to work for an extended amount of time is pretty valuable, rather than having to worry about running up every so often to refresh, thus losing DPS and putting yourself in a dangerous position more often.

Last edited by Daowna on Jul 20, 2015, 2:14:41 PM
"
Daowna wrote:
So I'm currently level 79 running off this build in the Tempest League. Just going to give my thoughts/experience with it.

I have a 4 Link Infernal mantle and the 40-60% increased spell damage gem (lol bloodmagic).

I got a 40% proj wand (don't use the gem in my 4L) with cast speed, added lighting damage to spells and +% fire damage. Past that, my gear is focused on armor, high health and resists. I also have a lioneye's shield to help with the armor and health part. Flame Totem DPS is listed right at 9.5k at the moment (level 18 gems).

I've been running through level 70 maps trying to build up a decent pool. I found maps much more enjoyable running solo since I am more able to dictate mob movement with totem placement and things usually get absolutely melted when it's just me (flame totem with only 4 links lol).

The build is super budget friendly and allows the user to clear maps REALLY quickly. Admittedly I was able to bum off infernal mantle and lioneye's from friends that had them drop, so I've probably spent about 5 chaos orbs on this build which is pretty hilarious for how fast it is.

The only down-swing I'd say is if you're running in a high pace group you are limited by the time it takes to run up and get your totems in place. I'd rather not be the first up in the pack (though the build is decently tanky) so mobs are usually significantly damaged before you're able to get in position and get set up. So I would say Totem Placement speed is kind of a big deal for later on in map running with groups.

Also totem duration I think is a under-hyped trait for totems. The ease of mind to drop totems in a boss room and let them go to work for an extended amount of time is pretty valuable, rather than having to worry about running up every so often to refresh, thus losing DPS and putting yourself in a dangerous position more often.

Thanks for sharing your feedback mate =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Before I rip'd on my dual FT marauder, i was doing 3.2k tooltip and clearing merc Aquaducts pretty fast. I was only using a 4 link set. FT > Fire Pen > Faster Casting > Faster Proj. I was using Three Dragons though, along with a few crit nodes and a crit dagger. Had about a 30% chance to crit before I reep'd.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

My gear right now at 66. Kinda medicore, but it does what the build needs - which isn't much! Good survivability in HC although I did rip with my marauder at 55.. so trying Templar now.
Damage i think is great. Will be fun to run this in maps.

I took some of the Chaos res + Life nodes up at templar - I think they're pretty great for what they give, especially since it's only three points to get Purity of Flesh.
Otherwise I guess I've went the "regular" route.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info