[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Gunteraz wrote:
"
mist4lyf wrote:
How do you get a vaal haste? I tried vaal orb on my haste and I think it just failed.

Also if lets say it becomes a vaal haste, does the gem stay at that gem level forever?

So does that mean I should level up haste to a high level gem then vaal it for a chance to get vaal haste?

Vaal orbing is one way of getting it, other one is finding it in a "Vaal Vessle" or whatever it's called that you find in corrupted areas (Special areas within other areas that you can find sometimes).

No the gem doesn't stay the same level, it functions just as any other skill gem, you can level it, or de-level it using scouring orb. You can also add gemcutter's prisms to it (Although that would be a waste on vaal haste as it only increases it's area of effect).

Thanks for the reply :D

By the way is it worth getting vaal haste for this build? How long does the gem last when cast with increased duration gem along with it?
Hi currently lvl90 and going steady(will take a break now because boring) after taking your base build. Hence I have ass rolled items, no 6L I made few changes.

Change #1: took a life belt with armor / hps / res AND a high armor/hp/res shield to handle ele weakness maps, note that Volcano's boss use ele equilibrium too and can deal decent burst.

Change #2: Hence my gear isn't high end, I decided not to take the fire dmg nodes in the witch area yet and took life regen and armor nodes + a second jewel socket atm. It gave me few % extra mitigation and tons of HPs/secs. I think it is a safer way to level up steadily.

And the most important thing, that op needs to read. In standard league I am able to run auras on life(go for anger/haste priority ^^) and ending up with 1.5Khp(500+ hp regen/s) and 1500 ES in MF gear low life(so wondertraps). Resulting in farming up to most lvl73/74 alched maps with 200+ IIR + IIR gem sloted(300+ IIR on gear can easily be done but will cost you). I can't emphasises how much it means farm wise, maps yelds far more than any boss run never did. You can do that easily with totems as soon as your gems are lvl20 and 20 qual lvl15 for support gems.

For party you need
, three dagon helm, and iir on 5L, don't bother with culling totem just shock mobs and cull what is at range. if you have a good party do that low life (add auras that benefit the group, haste hence it will compensate the lack of cast speed on weapon to shock more steadily, consider Purity of elements for ele weakness maps for your mates, else go anger, drop the idea of cursing)

Last but not least if you get a weapon that provides 100%+ spell crit chance it puts you at 20%+ crit chance using mantle. That said cast speed is the most important thing on your weapon. Crit with totem nodes may become more interesting than the fire dmg in witch with that. (using as well diamon rings and shit)

12.5K tooltip dps on totem is enough to takle anything I've encoutered so far, but due to the nature of totems it is not as steady as other specs. So you need to make up for it by not dying at all and low life farm once in a while.

Overall I find totems pretty weak, and funkillers but to me these remain the best way I never seen to handle mapping with self drop or low budget properly.
Last edited by galuf on Jul 22, 2015, 11:52:47 AM
What do you guys think about this Unique Jewel?

I think it's not that bad..

Last edited by belquerst on Jul 22, 2015, 3:58:47 PM
Looks like the build is progressing fine.
I over leveld a bit but its tempest.
Soloed act 4 bosses including Malakai. This does give enough room to run around. but i kept running into the red exploding circles... and was saved by my hp arctic armor ....

about 3.5k dps and 3k health. ran a topaz flask for piety. turns out it helps in malakai first stage too.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Jul 22, 2015, 1:01:14 PM
Always sucks starting fresh in a new league, but this build makes it a bit easier. I played an EA Scion on Warbands to level 95. Got bored of "end game" content (spending every last orb to sustain maps and failing) so I rerolled Tempest. This is my current gear:

Spoiler

Good clear speed and survivability. I didn't have to buy boss kills or anything crazy (except cruel Malachai, eff that).
IGN: Sin
"
mist4lyf wrote:
How do you get a vaal haste? I tried vaal orb on my haste and I think it just failed.

Also if lets say it becomes a vaal haste, does the gem stay at that gem level forever?

So does that mean I should level up haste to a high level gem then vaal it for a chance to get vaal haste?

Vaal skill gems are obtained most commonly from "corrupted" zones that you find throughout the world. They are located inside regular zones but spawn randomly (gem is random too)

You can also get vaal skill gems from gemcutter boxes if you use alterations to get "contains extra vaal gem" mod. This is very RNG though so you might just be better off trading for one.
"
belquerst wrote:

i think is not worth 30-50% reduced totem damage is ALOT
Last edited by davc1234567890 on Jul 22, 2015, 6:57:00 PM
I am running a close variant of this build. I was wondering if you thought the following would be a good idea.

Instead of running lightning warp, run the following: leap slam, fortify, life gain on hit. Leap slam won't do damage, however, the attack should still proc the benefit from fortify and life gain on hit as no damage is actually required - only a attack/damage hit. Or you could change it up and run leap slam, fortify, curse on hit and [insert your favorite curse here - warlords mark probably].
"
mist4lyf wrote:
"
Gunteraz wrote:
"
mist4lyf wrote:

Vaal orbing is one way of getting it, other one is finding it in a "Vaal Vessle" or whatever it's called that you find in corrupted areas (Special areas within other areas that you can find sometimes).

No the gem doesn't stay the same level, it functions just as any other skill gem, you can level it, or de-level it using scouring orb. You can also add gemcutter's prisms to it (Although that would be a waste on vaal haste as it only increases it's area of effect).

Thanks for the reply :D

By the way is it worth getting vaal haste for this build? How long does the gem last when cast with increased duration gem along with it?

It's a nice boos to your dps, giving a good burst against bosses for example. But i keep forgetting to use it all the time lol. If you can get it- nice, if not then don't worry too much about it.
"
"
belquerst wrote:

i think is not worth 30-50% reduced totem damage is ALOT

It would only be worth it if shotgunning was allowed... What is the point of more projectiles if flame totem pierces anyway?

The question is if there is enough benefits to waste a jewel slot. That kind of thing is a big deal and if the damage improvement is marginal I would not bother.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info