[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

what do you guys think of Searing Touch ?
this is kinda like Infernal Mantle, but +2 lvl fire gem.
good option ? less tanky ?
One Question about the Screen DPS. Now that the Totem gains more Projectiles by itself, is the math still the same? I now have 15.000 screen DPS and they fire two additional projectiles. So is 15000*3*2 still correct? Or includes the screen DPS the additional Projectiles?
Test it easy, take the asked supp gem away and rewatch the dps :)
When talking about cheap, how does apep compare to using Doon Cuebiyari? (As a 4-link, grinding through phases when you can't afford a 5-6 link yet).

I used to run flame totem in doon with faster casting and fire penetration (was using dual curse back then) and in pre-awakening world it seemed to be pretty effective combo for a very cheap pricetag.

Today I've been mostly harmless.
Just finished my first ever Atziri attempt and it was a success.

I died 1 time when fighting the trio, literally 2 seconds before that last boss died(totem finished him off), because i screwed up and cornered myself with most of the room covered in nasty painful goo.

Also i died 3 times during atziri split phases because i ended up taking a fire blast or two to the face and bam!

I even forgot to take any good flasks(fire+lightning) apart from my normal health flasks+speed flask.

So if i can do atziri with this build and no preparations, anyone should be able to.

Only thing this setup struggled with was atziri zombies, she ended up eating a lot of them and healing up quite a bit but in the end it didn't matter, i managed to kill her anyway- it just makes the fight a little bit longer.

I should also note that i turned off herald of thunder for atziri fight- you really cannot afford to be below 5k health, there were many times when i took a hit and had only 10% or less health left and had i kept hot active i would have died for sure.
Last edited by Gunteraz on Jul 19, 2015, 11:04:33 AM
Working great for me! Respected my level 33 Templar and its easy mode for leveling. I would recommend this build for any new player.
Hey, I have a high rolled 5l Searing Touch, and a Kaom's Heart laying around and I was looking for people opinions about using these 2 items for this build. Would these be ideal? Or would you still recommend a good crafted wand + Infernal Mantle?
Hi,

I have a mechanics question about Flame Totems and Fire Damage Leeched As Life.

If I have a wand with the mod '% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life'.. does the fire damage the Flame Totems do leech to their health pool? Or how does that work?

Thanks.
"
Daowna wrote:
Hi,

I have a mechanics question about Flame Totems and Fire Damage Leeched As Life.

If I have a wand with the mod '% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life'.. does the fire damage the Flame Totems do leech to their health pool? Or how does that work?

Thanks.

Leeched got nerfed in 2.0, without putting points into leech nodes and stuff it seems it doesnt do much. I have doryani's fire belt and it does absolutely nothing. I don't see any hp regen increase for me. Nor does it seem to regen totems. I guess 0.2% is such a small amount that it simply doesnt matter.
I don't like the fact, that we "waste" the energyshield from infernal mantel.
IGN - Blackdepp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info